IGNORED

Tomlin Off Then?

Hazelboy

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

The club fought hard to sign Tomlin this time last year.

In one year a player considered outstanding at this level doesn't become useless a year later unless one of two factors come into play; one, serious injury, two poor management.  Clearly the first factor does not apply in this case therefore ........

Furthermore we will be lucky to recover more than a fraction of the fee paid 12 months ago.

Well messed up, City.........

I think you are looking too closely at a player purely from a footballing point of view. He is a human being with all sorts that can have an affect on his life too. Think a little wider maybe?

Just now, Ivorguy said:

In one year a player considered outstanding at this level doesn't become useless a year later unless one of two factors come into play; one, serious injury, two poor management.  Clearly the first factor does not apply in this case therefore ........

Furthermore we will be lucky to recover more than a fraction of the fee paid 12 months ago.

It was a calculated risk that went wrong. I'm more concerned with the due dilegence involved than anything else from the management. Once he was here he clearly gave us the same problems he'd given his previous club, and we'll do as well to get shot of him as them. If he ever grows up he'll make it through a contract somewhere.

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm still hoping there's something in the 'swap deal for Johnny Russell' talk. Would take that all day long. 

I just made up the swap deal thing because it made sense, was an idea but if it happens I'd be very happy

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I think you are looking too closely at a player purely from a footballing point of view. He is a human being with all sorts that can have an affect on his life too. Think a little wider maybe?

You trying to suggest something? 

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

th.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

What complete claptrap but I would expect nothing less from our resident Jonah who can never see anything but doom and gloom at City. Have you seen LT play this season (which I doubt)? If so, give me a summary of why you think he has been `poorly managed` otherwise just shut up about things you know nothing about.

Just now, JasonM88 said:

You trying to suggest something? 

No more than anyone ever does on here. I'm just applying common sense and saying it might not be as black and white as suggested, not just either serious injury or poor management.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

What complete claptrap but I would expect nothing less from our resident Jonah who can never see anything but doom and gloom at City. Have you seen LT play this season (which I doubt)? If so, give me a summary of why you think he has been `poorly managed` otherwise just shut up about things you know nothing about.

Thank you for your considered reply !

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Totally accept this additional point.  You could well be correct

8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It was a calculated risk that went wrong. I'm more concerned with the due dilegence involved than anything else from the management. Once he was here he clearly gave us the same problems he'd given his previous club, and we'll do as well to get shot of him as them. If he ever grows up he'll make it through a contract somewhere.

Him and Engvall, that's 5million mistakes.

14 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

There is a 3rd option, which is that he got himself into such poor condition that he couldnt last 90 minutes. Lj should have been fired, but he really was left with no other option with tomlin but to leave him out.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

...yes totally agree.

& not forgetting his names Lee too, which surely wasn't a good omen at the Gate for most of last season. 

;) 

22 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Or we signed a player who performed exceptionally under the same management structure while on loan, but last season failed to produce the same standard of performance and doesn't fit into the formation which the team performs best.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Or we signed a player who performed exceptionally under the same management structure while on loan, but last season failed to produce the same standard of performance and doesn't fit into the formation which the team performs best.

Tony Dinning esq

Hope he takes the time to order and enjoy a proper BRISTOL 'COD LOT' before he leaves...

If he asks for one elsewhere in the country the mystified chippy chap behind the counter with look at him like he's an alien from another planet ... treat yerself to a Cod Lot Lee before you go, good luck wherever that turns out to be. :sub:

Just now, Thatch35 said:

Another nail in LJ's coffin for me. A great talent, game winner and proves once again that LJ cannot manage such a player. He was clearly bought to play a big part in city's top 10 push which fell flat on its face. LT will play a pivotal role with another club with a manager with more experience than LJ and will probably end up a world beater. Look forward to LT celebraing promotion next season with one of citys rivals. Tammy gone, now LT massive re-re-building with a management team who proved last season they got it very wrong.

It's a worry. We'll need to spend big to stand still. 

3 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Another nail in LJ's coffin for me. A great talent, game winner and proves once again that LJ cannot manage such a player. He was clearly bought to play a big part in city's top 10 push which fell flat on its face. LT will play a pivotal role with another club with a manager with more experience than LJ and will probably end up a world beater. Look forward to LT celebraing promotion next season with one of citys rivals. Tammy gone, now LT massive re-re-building with a management team who proved last season they got it very wrong.

You must own an awful lot of nails by now - best get yourself a hammer.

Just now, cynic said:

Like he did with Eddie Howe at Bournemouth ?

Agree with this sentiment. LT is just far too slow to play at a higher level. He's a luxury in the championship - his lack of pace means he'll struggle to hold down a place in too many sides. The championship needs leaner and faster players year on year. 

He'd have been magnificent 10-15 years ago. 

Tomlin has great ability...............but no application. There's nothing else to it, and people trying to make excuses for the bloke really need to remove their heads from their bottoms. The famed 'Jacki' was the same, and football has been littered with them since before time began.

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Tomlin has great ability...............but no application. There's nothing else to it, and people trying to make excuses for the bloke really need to remove their heads from their bottoms. The famed 'Jacki' was the same, and football has been littered with them since before time began.

Yep, all the talent but a seemingly poor attitude.

Very wasteful and extremely sad too.

Tomlin had won all he wanted to for us last summer when he signed the contract! Guy has more than enough ability to play at the top if he could be arsed, he has made himself a career out of showing his natural talent when it suits him.

I've always believed in blaming people for what they do wrong not stuff they don't. I'm a big LJ doubter but anyone who thinks this is his fault is wrong. Tomlin was worth the risk but time to go.

1 minute ago, Thatch35 said:

Just to add, the Club did apparently to extreme lengths to bring him in - again a poor show from the MA and LJ - another cock up to add to list.

Er, why? They did what 90% of the fanbase wanted them to do although I expect only you could see how it was going to turn out and booed him roundly when he took the field v Wigan.

#mysticthatch

Archived