IGNORED

Tomlin Off Then?

Hazelboy

1 minute ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

A lot directing stuff at LJ here, think it boils down to the fact Tomlin has a lot of talent, but also a lot of issues, he has ongoing mental health problems and clearly struggles with fitness, I think he will just be one of those in and out of form players depending on his state of mind.

Mental health problems.?

19 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

A lot directing stuff at LJ here, think it boils down to the fact Tomlin has a lot of talent, but also a lot of issues, he has ongoing mental health problems and clearly struggles with fitness, I think he will just be one of those in and out of form players depending on his state of mind.

I think him having mental health issues is a very big assumption to make, and not one that should be thrown around without proper evidence.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Mental health problems.?

It's fairly well documented in his interviews with Boro & Bournmouth, before he joined us.  Rough upbringing, dropped out of football for a few months after dropping out of Leicester's setup, issues @ posh, its not difficult to see the guy is struggling with the black dog.

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

My thoughts too!! 

Care to elaborate @Lorenzos Only Goal

It's fairly well documented in his interviews with Boro & Bournmouth, before he joined us.  Rough upbringing, dropped out of football for a few months after dropping out of Leicester's setup, issues @ posh, its not difficult to see the guy is struggling with the black dog.

On 29/05/2017 at 19:21, Vincent Vega said:

Him and Engvall, that's 5million mistakes.

Now there's a name I keep forgetting. Can you take a diary note for a month's time to remind me about Engvall. By then I'll need to know what the hell he looks like, what position he plays, etc. Basically the same sort of thing LJ and MA might need to be reminded of!

Just feel as a club we've missed a trick with Tomlin? We had him playing well and effecting games whilst he was on loan, after he signed we seemed to play him in a different position and ask him to do different jobs in the team?

As a fan you want to watch exciting players rather than winning ugly or losing ugly in our case last season! 

Not sure we've done enough to get him in our team.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

I was thinking were would Lee tomlin play if we had a coach like Harry rednapp in charge. I am sure he would find a formation to suit Lee and the team. 

As already stated, 'arry doesn't want the chance to manage him. Birmingham have already said they don't want him.

9 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

The £'s are irrelevent. The bloke hasn't justified them, and we wont miss him, as we didn't miss him when we saved our season.

LT and the other LT are very skilled footballers we didn't manage them, there likes are always going to be stifled here.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

I was thinking were would Lee tomlin play if we had a coach like Harry rednapp in charge. I am sure he would find a formation to suit Lee and the team. 

Probably looking after Harry's dog................you know, the dog that's got the bank account in Monaco!!!!

More Tomlin Twitter mind games.

Although you could argue Tomlin may have been mismanaged by LJ, the guy has history. Eddie Howe, case in point.

Clearly has struggles off the pitch, I think the bit role he played for much of this year has as much to do with himself as it does a manager.

Ultimately, regardless of whether you like the manager, you train hard and if you get picked, you work your socks off for the team. There were too many times last season when LT didn't do these basic things, when he didn't apply himself properly. You can't blame a manager for that. Other players were managed had 'rest' periods this season, Brownhill and Paterson, for example, but both showed the application to come back stronger and better. 

If he goes, shame, but on last season he won't be greatly missed. If he stays, we need to see a lot more application from him next season, otherwise a you can just see a quality players career drifting along and then slowly going backwards.

On 5/29/2017 at 14:18, WhistleHappy said:

Annoys me when people pick up on this All The Freaking Time...

BRISTOL , so what? Everyone knows what's meant..

In fact one of our simplest and more powerful chants from yesteryear was simply ..

" B R I S T O L''  followed by three claps and '' B R I S T O L''  again and the claps .. repeated .. chanted by the East End and joined in with by the whole of The Gate ... intimidating for opponents and powerfully uplifting for us..

Nothing ambiguous about using the word BRISTOL in the context of Bristol City ... we all know what it means cos we are the One Team In Bristol .. 

( the Gas can have South Glos or Bath if they want it .... but we are BRISTOL ... BCFC :city: )

Lets stop being so 'preciously pedantic' about it eh?  ...& no one confuses us with egg chasers either!

Do not necessarily agree with the premise but I really like your confident channelled anger. Bloody marvellous mate.

On 5/29/2017 at 14:49, cityloyal473 said:

Which must mean a bid has been tabled/accepted.  We definitely haven't put him on an transfer list. Wonder who it is?

Nanking Evergrey is my bet... A Chinese club from the hinterland with some concocted name I just made up with zero history and a cash mountain made from manufacturing planet killing plastic crap. They will take a punt on some flash player like Tomlin and make him a grotesque offer like 75k a week. 

Mind u, if his head is not always straight and clear here he will feel like an unripe cabbage in a microwave oven while in China. Bursting to get out but knowing he needs to stay put.

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

LT and the other LT are very skilled footballers we didn't manage them, there likes are always going to be stifled here.

So the fact that Tomlin can't stay at a club for more than 5 minutes would suggest that nobody can manage him.

Stop defending the bloke, the problem is in him, not everybody else.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

So the fact that Tomlin can't stay at a club for more than 5 minutes would suggest that nobody can manage him.

Stop defending the bloke, the problem is in him, not everybody else.

Reputation, plus the weird twitter stuff before signing, should have rung alarm bells.

So much for DNA.

20 hours ago, Coombsy said:

I think what went wrong is Tammy made all the head lines 

lee  Tomlin wanted to be top dog

there was a lot on here begging him to join us and once he did Tammy came along and got the lime light

Why would he leave then when ol tammy has finally gone? 

LJ got the most out of Tomlin for probably the equivalent of half a season. But I like our new tactics and style of play that we've had the last few games. I think it makes us seriously hard to beat and theres no place for luxury players anymore.

5 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

We tried doing that by playing formations to accommodate him in an AM role for ages. It didn't work and when 442 clicked there wasn't a space for him. 

I have not read all 8 pages of this thread but to quote the obvious.

• He has requested a transfer. (no evidence to support that)
  • He has been placed on transfer list.(club has to pay up a chunk of his salary ?. No statement from the club he is being released, and available for transfer)
  • He is bored and having some fun at our expense  with that twitter post and sat on a beach having a good laugh at the 'who ha' he has caused!

He is still under contract to BCFC for some considerable time.

Thrilled to bits when we signed him after that amazing loan spell, then feel let down by his last season here.  I for one am fed up with it all, wish he would not bother clowning with us and the club simply comes out and says 'whats what'.. End of matter then.  

46 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

• He has been placed on transfer list.(club has to pay up a chunk of his salary ?. No statement from the club he is being released, and available for transfer)
  • He is bored and having some fun at our expense  with that twitter post and sat on a beach having a good laugh at the 'who ha' he has caused!

He is still under contract to BCFC for some considerable time.

Thrilled to bits when we signed him after that amazing loan spell, then feel let down by his last season here.  I for one am fed up with it all, wish he would not bother clowning with us and the club simply comes out and says 'whats what'.. End of matter then.  

I suspect he's been told by either City, his agent, prospective clubs to stay off Social Media to avoid either scuppering a deal or getting the best terms.

I do truly believe he's on his way....although any deal can break down.

5 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Don't think that's the case, doubt he'd have done that post if so.

Most likely, it lowers our bargaining position somewhat if we publicly state a high earning player is 'on the transfer list' this early into summer. We'd probably try and gauge potential interest before making it public.

It won't be that, even by his standards that would be extraordinarily unprofessional.

It's pretty early in summer, the club wouldn't have wanted him to post that. We would only notify the fans of anything when something concrete is happening - same for in-comings. I imagine there's a few who we've been speaking to for months that are pretty far down the line that we won't hear about until July. Football clubs ensure the fans are always the last to know. It weakens our bargaining position if all the details are publicly known.

On 30/05/2017 at 17:58, RedM said:

That's very true. We aren't very used to having season long loan players who have been successful are we? It will be quite odd for a while not seeing Tammy in our line up. He pretty much played every game when fit, as required by the agreement, yes he will be missed.

We aren't use to successful players full stop .

I was very happy when he signed after a great loan spell with us but it hasnt quite gone to plan. Happy to take a couple of million and get his wages of the payroll. I think he is a hard guy to manage and Eddie Howe (who comes across as a decent patient manager) couldnt do it either. I imagine he will end up at Boro.

Archived