IGNORED

What would make a successful transfer window for you?

14 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Not listening to supporters suggestions. Christ there are some terrible ones out there. The threads on our transfer page make for depressing reading

it's called realism mate, you should try it. You've suggested us to go for Izzy Brown and Kasey Palmer who have been heavily involved in Huddersfield promotional season , why would they make the step back down now? You've kept mentioning Leko but you seem to think WBA don't value him at all. Another honourable mention is Lookman

On 2017-5-30 at 11:05, WRERE said:

We certainly need a RB (or two) , ST and a RM. We may also end up needing a CB if Flint leaves, maybe a new GK and I'd like to see us sign a ball winning midfielder. I'd like us to get rid of Reid, O'Neil , Golbourne and Magnusson (if we can get a decent fee + sell on).

Why get rid of Magnusson? I mean if we lose Flint that would be more reason to keep him.

I personally think we need a solid GK, RB and goal scorer as a priority.

If we're talking what would be a successful window, keeping Flint and adding quality rather than more questionable signings that struggle to claim a starting position. I actually agree with the Ashton interview when he said it's about bringing in players that make us better, not more "we'll see in time" players but actual players that scare the opposition. Tammy was the first player we've had in a long time that the opposition worried about and we need that again. We used to have it in our teams, at least one or two players that changed games, now we really don't have that.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why get rid of Magnusson? I mean if we lose Flint that would be more reason to keep him.

I personally think we need a solid GK, RB and goal scorer as a priority.

If we're talking what would be a successful window, keeping Flint and adding quality rather than more questionable signings that struggle to claim a starting position. I actually agree with the Ashton interview when he said it's about bringing in players that make us better, not more "we'll see in time" players but actual players that scare the opposition. Tammy was the first player we've had in a long time that the opposition worried about and we need that again. We used to have it in our teams, at least one or two players that changed games, now we really don't have that.

He hasn't got a look in since Wright has came in and unless Flint goes I see it being the same way. I said if we can get a decent fee so I don't mean that we should offer him out to clubs or actively look to sell, but if someone comes in I don't see any reason why we shouldn't look to sell if we can get a decent fee plus a percentage of profit. I'm sure Magnusson doesn't want to be on the bench again as it's going to stifle his progress.

51 minutes ago, WRERE said:

it's called realism mate, you should try it. You've suggested us to go for Izzy Brown and Kasey Palmer who have been heavily involved in Huddersfield promotional season , why would they make the step back down now? You've kept mentioning Leko but you seem to think WBA don't value him at all. Another honourable mention is Lookman

I fail to see where my suggestions are unrealistic.

izzy brown and Kasey Palmer have only had one season in first team pro football so certainly not the finished article and IMO, not ready for the premiership. They are promising and have done well and Huddersfield stand a great chance of re-signing if they want them given promotion, but if Huddersfield want to stay in the league, they will need experience of which they cannot offer. If Chelsea want them to have regular game time, then a loan back to the championship is realistic. IMO these two are attainable.

leko, I have no doubt he is highly rated by WBA but he also is not prem ready and it has been stated they want him to go on loan to the championship. He's a right winger, which is a position we require and IMO is attainable given what we have been able to offer abraham regarding development.

lookman is slightly more dubious I agree given his price tag, but he's gone from lower league straight to the prem. he is not prem ready as shown by his lack of play time and given Everton have big money and need to spend it to keep big players at the club, he will end up down the pecking order. He is ripe for a loan to the championship and I highlight what we offered to abraham, we can do the same for lookman. IMO attainable

27 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

izzy brown and Kasey Palmer have only had one season in first team pro football so certainly not the finished article and IMO, not ready for the premiership. They are promising and have done well and Huddersfield stand a great chance of re-signing if they want them given promotion, but if Huddersfield want to stay in the league, they will need experience of which they cannot offer. If Chelsea want them to have regular game time, then a loan back to the championship is realistic. IMO these two are attainable.

leko, I have no doubt he is highly rated by WBA but he also is not prem ready and it has been stated they want him to go on loan to the championship. He's a right winger, which is a position we require and IMO is attainable given what we have been able to offer abraham regarding development.

lookman is slightly more dubious I agree given his price tag, but he's gone from lower league straight to the prem. he is not prem ready as shown by his lack of play time and given Everton have big money and need to spend it to keep big players at the club, he will end up down the pecking order. He is ripe for a loan to the championship and I highlight what we offered to abraham, we can do the same for lookman. IMO attainable

Leko I could see coming to City, Lookman probably not. 

I think a good idea is the one similar to Huddersfield and in a way City this season, start tapping into the markets that English clubs don't typically delve into like lower Bundesliga sides or 2.Liga sides.

Pay a lot less for players and you can see from some of the players Huddersfield managed to get like Hefele, Kachunga, Loewe and Schindler that they can play in the championship comfortably. Also helps that most Germans can speak pretty good English. Think we're going to see a lot more coaches and players come into the league in the same way Wagner and Daniel Farke have .

What happened to Ivan Lucic as well? Didn't seem to get any games for the club we loaned him out too, guess he'll be loaned or sold this window 

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

so has tammy, do you think we stand a chance of signing him again?

54 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Chelsea recalled Brown from Rotherham so he could go to a better side so why would he come here next season? Of course there's a possibility they will both be in the Championship next season but not at a side that finished 3 points off relegation , more like a top 10 team at least.

A loan is possible but I imagine there will be bigger clubs than as after his promising games in the Prem, plus after you posted '5 mill plus leko for Flint' I'm not sure what to say.

Lack of playing time? He's 19 and , as you said made a big step up, but he's still played a decent amount of times and has played well. Koeman is someone who likes to use youngsters so he will stay there imo.

You seem to have said no to players like Winall, Ruddy (though you later put his name forward as a new GK?) , Watkins isn't apparently a step forward but , again, you later decided we should bring him in and Elphick but you recommend Ryan Frazer , and for us to sign 'the goal scoring midfielder' Leonardo da silva lopes with a huge 2 goals in his career (although this is a signing we could make but his description is off) .I'm not sure what else I have to say mate, I don't mean to sound like a dick but there is a lot of shit in your posts imo.

Now's the time to cash in on Flint. At the right price of course. He's a solid player and I'm not suggesting he's a weak link in the team, only that he's at his peak value now, and we have players behind him that could come in and do the role. So, selling him for a decent price this summer whilst giving him the chance to progress to a bigger team, and simultaneously removing a 'block' for progression of our younger players would be a good decision for all parties.

Other than replacing Tammy, I think sorting out the full back options is the priority. Possibly a winger too. And maybe a keeper but Fielding, who I have been a critic of in the past, did well toward the end of the season.

In all honestly I don't think we'll know how successful the transfer window has been until we know where we are in spring 2018. A good transfer window to me would be one where we are looking at the teams above us come March next year and working out how to get into the play offs. A poor one would be one where we end up looking downwards and worrying about relegation.

I would personally like to see:

1. An imposing GK to replace FF. Lucic should be the number 2 and we should develop him with games in the cups. Giefer had the presence and made some good saves but his kicking was poor. To be fair, he is lucky to have even been playing given his serious injuries. 

2. RB must be a priority, but I suspect the LB roles will be covered by Bryan and Goldbourne so no need to replace them unless one or both are sold. 

3. Fielding to be sold. Flint to be sold for 5-6 million. We have 3 CB replacements already in Hegeler, Moore and Mags. 

4. Think we need to replace O'Neill with another experienced hand to complement Smith and Pack. 

5. We need a right winger unless Paterson plays there or unless we promote one of the kids.

6. A proven striker is where I would spend the most.

Thus for me we defo need GK, RB, CM and Striker.  

4 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

GK, LB, RB, 2 CM's, RW, ST

Maybe another LW and an experienced centre back to add.

I think bringing in this many players is too destabilizing and leads to the pick and mix selections we got from LJ for most of the season. I think he had too much choice and this effected him. We need quality not quantity as SC once said. 4 players in max for me (GK, RB, CM and Str). I reckon we should look to develop a core group of quality players (maybe 18 or so). The kids should provide the backup, otherwise what really is the point of our Academy. If they are not good enough, then it means are youth setup is not good enough and needs to be overhauled (again).... 

3 hours ago, WRERE said:

He hasn't got a look in since Wright has came in and unless Flint goes I see it being the same way. I said if we can get a decent fee so I don't mean that we should offer him out to clubs or actively look to sell, but if someone comes in I don't see any reason why we shouldn't look to sell if we can get a decent fee plus a percentage of profit. I'm sure Magnusson doesn't want to be on the bench again as it's going to stifle his progress.

Just on Magnusson.  I'm pretty sure that the club are on record as saying they never intended him to play so much in the first half of the season.  I think it was only once it became evident that Ekstrand was a dud that Magnusson became a regular first teamer.  As I understand it they were always looking for a frontline CB; enter Bailey Wright.  I don't think we should read too much into Magnusson's bench warming since January - I'm pretty sure that was the plan.

4 hours ago, WRERE said:

Chelsea recalled Brown from Rotherham so he could go to a better side so why would he come here next season? Of course there's a possibility they will both be in the Championship next season but not at a side that finished 3 points off relegation , more like a top 10 team at least.

A loan is possible but I imagine there will be bigger clubs than as after his promising games in the Prem, plus after you posted '5 mill plus leko for Flint' I'm not sure what to say.

Lack of playing time? He's 19 and , as you said made a big step up, but he's still played a decent amount of times and has played well. Koeman is someone who likes to use youngsters so he will stay there imo.

You seem to have said no to players like Winall, Ruddy (though you later put his name forward as a new GK?) , Watkins isn't apparently a step forward but , again, you later decided we should bring him in and Elphick but you recommend Ryan Frazer , and for us to sign 'the goal scoring midfielder' Leonardo da silva lopes with a huge 2 goals in his career (although this is a signing we could make but his description is off) .I'm not sure what else I have to say mate, I don't mean to sound like a dick but there is a lot of shit in your posts imo.

Hey up, the forum police are here!

news flash... it's an opinion based forum where everyone's opinion is wrong in others eyes.

there is no need to be a**** and call me out for all my posts when others are just as bad if not worse. My posts are my opinions that's are also subject to change, also are jovial on occasion and also occasionally sarcastic.

yes your a dick and yes maybe a do talk shit just like everyone else on here but it's not for you to point out in the way you did. I hate uppity pricks like you who think they know better

22 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Hey up, the forum police are here!

news flash... it's an opinion based forum where everyone's opinion is wrong in others eyes.

there is no need to be a**** and call me out for all my posts when others are just as bad if not worse. My posts are my opinions that's are also subject to change, also are jovial on occasion and also occasionally sarcastic.

yes your a dick and yes maybe a do talk shit just like everyone else on here but it's not for you to point out in the way you did. I hate uppity pricks like you who think they know better

Not quite. Listen, without upsetting you more and trying to keep this thread on topic, I'm more than happy to discuss this with you over PMs if you want to talk about this more. I apologise if you got upset with me challenging your opinions and in the manner it was done.

8 hours ago, deadredfred said:

Isn't this the famed 'third window'? As others have said, I'd like to see quality over quantity. 

We've only got 4 seasons left to make the Europa League after all..

No, the fabled 3 windows were completed in January when the 3rd was brought forward, with more signings than would otherwise have been the case due to our perilous position.

So in essence LJ's had his 3 windows and this Summer will be his 4th.

He might regret saying it now, it might have been better all round if he'd just said at the start, "I'll need to sign 25 players."

Not sure how that would have gone down though.

Archived