IGNORED

Can any one receive Talksport 2?

57 minutes ago, Super said:

Have DAB Radio and can't get it.

It's available on the second national DAB ensemble but coverage is lower than the Digital One and BBC national multiplexes.

It's also broadcast on Block 11A which some receivers might not initially pick up as it lies outside the range used during the launch of DAB in the UK. Performing a "full scan" or a manual scan or a "rest of the world" scan may help in picking up the ensemble which contains talkSPORT 2 and multitude of other services.

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

It's available on the second national DAB ensemble but coverage is lower than the Digital One and BBC national multiplexes.

It's also broadcast on Block 11A which some receivers might not initially pick up as it lies outside the range used during the launch of DAB in the UK. Performing a "full scan" or a manual scan or a "rest of the world" scan may help in picking up the ensemble which contains talkSPORT 2 and multitude of other services.

So not on medium wave then.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

I can't even get any of the national BBC radio stations on DAB :( commercial stations only, any solutions?

8 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I can't even get any of the national BBC radio stations on DAB :( commercial stations only, any solutions?

I wouldn't expect any issues with any DAB reception of the BBC National ensemble in south Bristol! There's a postcode checker at http://getdigitalradio.com/ but I suspect that will report you should be covered. I assume you've done a frequency scan?

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Can I tweak the cat's whisker on my radiogram or will I need to replace the valves?

From what I've read, RB will still cover City away and City at home. 

As for the new City version of player, I have no idea since you'll be able to get live pictures via that platform. I would expect there would be an audio version too for a cheaper price.

The only thing changing is that Talksport are taking over the national rights from the BBC, i.e Football League commentaries that were previously on 5Live or Sports Extra will be on Talksport (or Talksport 2, as per the OP) from next season.

Radio Bristol is unaffected. Local radio rights are a seperate deal that would be negotiated with individual clubs. We never hear about this as I assume they just renew it every season without much need for discussion.

Not so sure about online but, although the club are launching their own version of Player, it would work in the same way I'd have thought, plus the opportunity to get live pictures for those overseas. The only thing that might change is that, because City are going it alone, you might not get access to other clubs' commentaries.

Archived