IGNORED

17/18 Season Tickets / Proof of Age (Merged)

AlrightMeBabber

I've had to provide proof for all 3 of my under 19/under 12 season tickets. 

Not easy when none of the children are biologically mine. Plus one is a foster child and getting any official paperwork for them is a right faff. 

Have finally sorted it and had an email from the club on Monday to say they had everything they needed now. 

Just had email today with a deadline of 30 June to provide proof of age for my son. Not sure where his birth certificate is so doesn't leave much time to sort this out.  Proof of age was provided when he got his first season ticket so you would think it was quite straightforward for them to work out his age each season?!

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

And 5 minutes after posting this guess what appeared in my inbox!

Shoulda stayed shtoom :fear:

3 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I may have an adult season ticket, but havnt behaved like an adult at football since i was a kid. 

Yah but just try and get a discount for it :thumbsup:

If you're 11 turning 12 during the season, are you still eligible for a U12? Tried looking online but couldn't find where this is defined?!

Wouldn't surprise me if the club won't accept the situation, stating you're 12 and over before the season ends :shutup:

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If you're 11 turning 12 during the season, are you still eligible for a U12? Tried looking online but couldn't find where this is defined?!

Wouldn't surprise me if the club won't accept the situation, stating you're 12 and over before the season ends :shutup:

Pretty sure it's the 31st of August that your birthday has to be before. Maybe @AdamB can clarify. 

8 hours ago, Bcfc2009 said:

Just had email today with a deadline of 30 June to provide proof of age for my son. Not sure where his birth certificate is so doesn't leave much time to sort this out.  Proof of age was provided when he got his first season ticket so you would think it was quite straightforward for them to work out his age each season?!

I emailed a photo of my lad's passport - much easier to find

Apologies if i've missed any discussions on this topic already but i've just noticed i have an email from the club requesting i send in some photographic ID to confirm my age before they send out my season ticket.

Has anyone else had this same email? I'm not too familiar with the clubs marketing representatives etc. so wanted to be sure it wasn't a fraudulent email or anything as i've never had to do this before in my 10 years or so of holding a season ticket.

Cheers

Genuine it may be. But I'd be more worried by their ability to make it secure. But they haven't a clue what that means.  

They are asking for personal details to be sent via email, which is insecure in the first place. 

We should, at the very least, be offered a secure upload over https.

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

If you are under senior citizen age but are trying to obtain a senior citizen discount do not send proof of your age via email. Send it by Royal Mail second class, by the time they receive it you will have qualified.

What 2 days at most! That's how long it takes recorded delivery and cheap as well! 

Save our Royal Mail! 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Genuine it may be. But I'd be more worried by their ability to make it secure. But they haven't a clue what that means.  

They are asking for personal details to be sent via email, which is insecure in the first place. 

We should, at the very least, be offered a secure upload over https.

No, they are asking you to provide proof. You can take it down to the club, or you can choose to email it to them if you so wish. 

Archived