IGNORED

17/18 Season Tickets / Proof of Age (Merged)

AlrightMeBabber

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

No, they are asking you to provide proof. You can take it down to the club, or you can choose to email it to them if you so wish. 

Not much use if you live several hours drive away.

The point is, they, like most companies, haven't the first idea about IT security and protecting data. Which is a shame. Of course, it's not a problem until someone has their identity and money stolen. 

43 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

The point is, they, like most companies, haven't the first idea about IT security and protecting data. Which is a shame. Of course, it's not a problem until someone has their identity and money stolen. 

which almost never happens!

57 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I would happily show pretty much anyone a photo copy of my passport, in a pretty peaceful state of mind about them being able to empty my bank account with it. 

5 hours ago, Whites said:

I had to do this for two of my boys (under 12 season tickets) . I Just emailed photos of birth certificates and received a reply next day saying that they will now remain on record for future purchases. 

You did get a reply then, I had better contact them again to make sure.

My friend is trying to purchase season tickets for herself and my brother but the club just don't seem to reply. She tried to set up direct debit over the phone but they requested she filled in a form instead which is fair enough as the system wasn't processing, she scanned that back and popped the original in the post. She has since asked for some confirmation or some kind of receipt and when she is likely to receive the tickets as she is on a long holiday shortly ending near to the start of the season, so wanted everything in place, has probably sent 3 or 4 emails now. She also rang to chase but the operator didn't give have much to say and said we will reply to the email in due course. I know she'd be delighted to be asked for ID, at least then she would know the order had been acknowledged!

17 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

My friend is trying to purchase season tickets for herself and my brother but the club just don't seem to reply. She tried to set up direct debit over the phone but they requested she filled in a form instead which is fair enough as the system wasn't processing, she scanned that back and popped the original in the post. She has since asked for some confirmation or some kind of receipt and when she is likely to receive the tickets as she is on a long holiday shortly ending near to the start of the season, so wanted everything in place, has probably sent 3 or 4 emails now. She also rang to chase but the operator didn't give have much to say and said we will reply to the email in due course. I know she'd be delighted to be asked for ID, at least then she would know the order had been acknowledged!

The order is on her account under reservations/subscriptions so that looks positive? Ant idea why the club hasn't responded yet seemingly have requested ID from everyone else?

Also... anyone know when first direct debit payment is taken?

2 minutes ago, Drawstringsandals1 said:

The club are usually quite quick to respond to any emails I have sent. What email address are you sending to? 

Also I have got through over the phone pretty quick recently so I find it hard to believe you are not getting any response. 

Emails sent to this address hello@bristol-sport.co.uk in May, beginning of June and another one last week - she hasn't received any response at all. I've double checked the email address for her and its 100% correct.

She got a response on the phone but the response was they would respond to the most recent email to clarify the questions asked, which is the preference so everything is in writing as well

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

The order is on her account under reservations/subscriptions so that looks positive? Ant idea why the club hasn't responded yet seemingly have requested ID from everyone else?

Also... anyone know when first direct debit payment is taken?

No idea about the first question, although the reply to confirm receipt of the proof for my son took less than five minutes to come back.

As for the payments, they have already taken two from me, started 1st May.

19 hours ago, handsofclay said:

If you are under senior citizen age but are trying to obtain a senior citizen discount do not send proof of your age via email. Send it by Royal Mail second class, by the time they receive it you will have qualified.

many many likes.

2 hours ago, WRERE said:

Did anyone get a reply once they had sent their ID? I sent mine a few days ago but haven't had any confirmation or acknowledgement

I sent a copy of my sons birth certificate by email yesterday afternoon.  I did "reply to" so it went to the person who sent the email, I copied it to the supporter services email adress and asked for confirmation of receipt.

Reply received this morning.

3 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I got a reply but then I asked for a reply to be sent upon receipt of the email I had sent to them. 

I did the same. Asked them to confirm they had everything they had requested of me for my three concession tickets. 

You would have thought they might have logged kids DoB somewhere on their computers somewhere.......especially when these details were only requested last year.

Our boy had to provide his DoB last season as his 13th birthday was before 1st August and the start of the new season, and therefore had to move up to the next age bracket......now 12 months on, they want proof again?

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

You would have thought they might have logged kids DoB somewhere on their computers somewhere.......especially when these details were only requested last year.

Our boy had to provide his DoB last season as his 13th birthday was before 1st August and the start of the new season, and therefore had to move up to the next age bracket......now 12 months on, they want proof again?

It's not that they don't have DOB, they're trying to cut out anyone getting a season ticket at the wrong price. As in concessions only flash up on the turnstiles as a different colour, but that doesn't stop someone claiming they have an under 12 year old, but then letting a 14/15 year old use it for the season. I'm not explaining this very well, they're trying to cut down on fraud and so if they've seen proof of age for that person named on the season ticket then they know for definite how old they are, and also when they will move up into the next age bracket for definite. 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It's not that they don't have DOB, they're trying to cut out anyone getting a season ticket at the wrong price. As in concessions only flash up on the turnstiles as a different colour, but that doesn't stop someone claiming they have an under 12 year old, but then letting a 14/15 year old use it for the season. I'm not explaining this very well, they're trying to cut down on fraud and so if they've seen proof of age for that person named on the season ticket then they know for definite how old they are, and also when they will move up into the next age bracket for definite. 

So if that's correct, they'll be checking every season.

I don't see how asking for information they already have makes the task any easier.

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I don't see how asking for information they already have makes the task any easier.

No, they won't have to cos they've seen proof of age so will have that recorded. That's why it had to be a passport or birth certificate. :) 

• Admin
9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Would hope that once a persons DOB is verified they wouldn't need the information again - but would imagine there will be new people falling into a bracket that needs to be confirmed?

28 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

No, they won't have to cos they've seen proof of age so will have that recorded. That's why it had to be a passport or birth certificate. :) 

This was my point. He had to provide proof last year when they wanted to know if he was going to be 13 before the start of the season......so they have already have (or did have) the proof they are now asking for.

Also, I actually used his ticket a few times last year (by mistake) and never had any issues with getting in.

30 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

This was my point. He had to provide proof last year when they wanted to know if he was going to be 13 before the start of the season......so they have already have (or did have) the proof they are now asking for.

Also, I actually used his ticket a few times last year (by mistake) and never had any issues with getting in.

See and I've never had to provide any proof of age for any of the concession season tickets I've had over the years. Now I have. 

The only time I've had to provide proof of something was when I had to send proof of disability for my foster son in. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I would agree that it is incorrect @RedLionLad - surely the club has some way of indicating on their system that the DOB has been verified - thus meaning never having to do it again.

Can't believe the club would want this hassle every season of having to obtain the information

But with IT upgrades etc maybe the previous system didn't have this option ? , maybe something @AdamB can expand on?

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I would agree that it is incorrect @RedLionLad - surely the club has some way of indicating on their system that the DOB has been verified - thus meaning never having to do it again.

Can't believe the club would want this hassle every season of having to obtain the information

But with IT upgrades etc maybe the previous system didn't have this option ? , maybe something @AdamB can expand on?

Yes it gets attached to the supporter record so there's no need to do it again.

Regards,
Adam

Archived