IGNORED

Film: Wonder Woman

Fiale

What a great film. If your into your superheroes, or action films, or your other half enjoys a little romance then this is the film for you. The film has good pacing always moving forward, you never feel that there is wasted screen time. The events unfold with a mix of bonding, story and action but never dwelling to much on one or the other for to long.... the story has to move on. I really enjoyed the film, certainly one of the best DC/Marvel films for a while and probably going to be enjoyed by adults, families, and the other half who is not normally into this kind of thing.

8/10 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Slightly sexist comments sorry. I'm a girl who likes plenty of films that you might say were "aimed at blokes" 

Just saying. :) 

Ah the 21st Century, where grown adults get offended about the slightest thing.

Marvel and DC films metrics put them with over 70% male audiences, so I am not sure it is sexist to suggest women tend to not enjoy superhero films as much as men - just a fact.

Anyway, this film may convert more to the genre, and has a nice message in relation to humankind.

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Slightly sexist comments sorry. I'm a girl who likes plenty of films that you might say were "aimed at blokes" 

Just saying. :) 

There were 'women only' screenings of this film , is that not sexist?

I like superhero films. Spesh the Iron Man ones. Robert Downey Jr :wub:

For what it's worth, DC is rubbish and Marvel Studios makes anything DC brings out look like a skidmark on a new pair of Calvins.

I mean the Batman v Superman. Most over-rated film ever. They had a minor ding dong mid film, then made it up almost immediately. Complete shite.

At least when Capt America and Iron Man had a barney, it lasted a few films and was quite the battle.

18 hours ago, Fiale said:

What a great film. If your into your superheroes, or action films, or your other half enjoys a little romance then this is the film for you.

A narrow, predudiced and wholly non-politically correct attitude would be required to presume you are addressing men in heterosexual relationships, right?

going to be enjoyed by adults, families, and the other half who is not normally into this kind of thing.

8/10 

As a man "who is not normally into this kind of thing" I shall seek first to see if my partner is into this kind of thing as that will seal the deal on whether I bother to watch it or not, based on your review.  Cheers!

Sort it out Dolly! X

I saw it this afternoon and thought it was good in that it was not trying to be too clever.  It did a simple thing very well.

Let's not deny the fact it had a female director and a female lead and that, incidentally love and nurture were explicitly expressed as the solution to mankind's problems (ok, and quite a bit of violence as a necessity).  

But that's cool in my eyes!  I love love and nurture an I'm a hairy arsed bloke.  Anyway.... 

Sci-Fi in conjunctiure with a horrifically earthly WWI backdrop and the clash of cultures interested me and made for amusing scenarios.  

I agree with you in that it was not dry, still or unspontanious at any particular time. I've advised my lady friend she may like it ;)  

I also think that it was classic in its fundamental Hollywood style in an elaboration on a Christian or Biblical message; it did a better job than usual in fact!   

We are saved not because we deserve to be (collective bunch of w ankers that we are - but we are more than that)We are saved because we are loved.

On 6/2/2017 at 00:00, harrys said:

Was Lynda Carter still looking fit?

Lynda Carter filled her outfit better than any other superhero.

This is a sexually neutral comment, but it is only my opinion, as others may have a different opinion as to which superhero filled out their outfits better than Ms Carter.

11 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Couldn't stand the film. Made me realise I'm truly done with superhero movies. Logan, First class and the dark knight trilogy are the only ones to have been enjoyed by me over recent years. 

Logan was very, very good! 

I'm like you though, I don't really care for them but actually found this one quite good.

Have you seen Baywatch yet, Fiale? ;)

I'm looking forward to Churchill and the one about Dunkirk.

14 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I'm like you though, I don't really care for them but actually found this one quite good.

I used to be Efron's biggest fan and it looks hilarious but it's not the kind of film I go to see in the cinema. I want to see the red turtle and maybe baby driver. There's a film festival in London all about car movies and I'd like to see "drive" on the big screen. 

On 2017-6-16 at 20:40, WTFiGO!?! said:

I watch all films as I have a unlimited card, I did see Baywatch but don't think it's worth the time to even create a thread... it would have been 5/10 territory for me

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

I watch all films as I have a unlimited card, I did see Baywatch but don't think it's worth the time to even create a thread... it would have been 5/10 territory for me

Yeah it was a tongue in cheek, 5/10 territory 'joke', really.  

Archived