IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

@GrahamC did you mean 'flipping heck'?

I went a bit stronger when I read this, same FH acronym though.  Been on my list since just after Kodjia signed, when Camara was being touted around, and a few on here (nice one guys) said that Diedhiou was the one with most potential.

Echo @Tipps69 and @Shtanley's views.

i haven't got round to reading the Dicko stuff also in this thread, as I've been out all day.

Much as I like Djuric's aerial ability, I think we'd need a speedster alongside him, and one willing to work hard too.  Not saying Djuric doesn't work hard because he does, but he's never gonna be one to bend his runs into the channels is he?

Back to Diedhiou - no one is gonna be as rapid as Kodjia, but this guys looks to have a better all-around game.  I hope we did foster good relations with SCO Angers.  I've followed them on Twitter since Jimmy signed, and although 8 goals doesn't look a great return, they are quite a low-scoring / low-conceding team, so i'm reading more into his Lge1 goals ratio.

1 minute ago, P'head Red said:

The most importnant thing. Better fabric to arm ratio. 

One of the key measures our analysts look at I believe, used originally in tennis. Just look at Federer's stylish wrist bands for evidence of its importance. :shifty:

57 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I bet we ain't popular with the Angers support if we take their main man again? If he's in the same bracket as JK, he'll do for me.

This is more like it! Valued at £3.4M on Transfer market so I would imagine our transfer record is going.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/famara-diedhiou/profil/spieler/237125

A case of don't look back at Angers!

12 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Hmmm, I'm not convinced tbh. Watching that he looks a one trick pony; and aren't French defenders rubbish, they fell for the same move every single time. Still, to be fair, he's a very accurate finisher, he found that bottom right hand corner every time.

26 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

Hmmm, I'm not convinced tbh. Watching that he looks a one trick pony; and aren't French defenders rubbish, they fell for the same move every single time. Still, to be fair, he's a very accurate finisher, he found that bottom right hand corner every time.

It's pretty silly to judge either way based on YouTube compilations. I appreciate not many of us will have watched him play and that's all they've got to go on, but YouTube comps can make players look like downs league or world class. 

Better off forming a judgement when he's played a few games for us.

Archived