IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

A gamble that lacks imagination-and at the fee reported a big gamble made in the hope of lightening striking twice..

Need a top loan in alongside him..

Have a word with yourself man...how the hell do you know it's a gamble? The only thing for sure that lacks imagination is your derision of the deal. "Oh, he's conning from the same club as Kodjia...must simply be that we've thought we may as well sign someone, anyone, from them again." 

Cheap dig and quite frankly utter bobbins. Deals are far better researched than ever before. Any signing is a gamble, but to make the suggestion that you have is frankly ludicrous.

7 hours ago, Flagon said:

Yep, suggested this bit higher up but I had it as his name only rather than dooby do before it. If this signing happens and he starts banging them in it would be class 

Fair enough dude...have to be honest I didn't realise this had opened up on page 5 when I posted! This has to happen if he's any good! :yes:

10 hours ago, petehinton said:

Exactly why, for me, LJ needs to deliver from day one next season. Up to £20m for him to say the squad is 'too big and players need to be shifted'...you're the ones that signed them mate. 

Anything other than mid table or higher around Oct/Nov he should be gone IMO. 

That's right get the negatives in nice and early.:facepalm:

40 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Have a word with yourself man...how the hell do you know it's a gamble? The only thing for sure that lacks imagination is your derision of the deal. "Oh, he's conning from the same club as Kodjia...must simply be that we've thought we may as well sign someone, anyone, from them again." 

Cheap dig and quite frankly utter bobbins. Deals are far better researched than ever before. Any signing is a gamble, but to make the suggestion that you have is frankly ludicrous.

Maybe we shall see-20+ champ goals??

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Only four players managed more than 20 championship goals last season. 

Kodjia didn't. 

Perhaps you should temper your expectations.

I wouldn't say scoring 20+ goals a season is the only sign of success. 

33 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Maybe we will....maybe we won't.  That wasn't my point though really, was it?!?

And I also think that anything from 10-15 goals would be a good return for any striker coming in their first season at this level, especially from overseas.  20+ is fantasy land.  Goals have to come from all over the team.

• The title was changed to Famara Diedhiou [Merged]
12 hours ago, kevthered said:

I don't, thought he was one of our best players last 12 games....His running and making space for Tammy was exceptional and he would be one of the first names on my team sheet and I am expecting a good season of him this year.....Excited about the new bloke though hope we pulls this off

I felt he looked somewhat clumsy and overeager in many games but you can't deny his stats. On assists alone he created 5 in 15 games (6 of which were sub appearances), which over a full season would equate to 15, one more than the top assister in the championship - Connor Hourihane, despite that working out at only 27 full appearances (18 sub). 

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

I felt he looked somewhat clumsy and overeager in many games but you can't deny his stats. On assists alone he created 5 in 15 games (6 of which were sub appearances), which over a full season would equate to 15, one more than the top assister in the championship - Connor Hourihane, despite that working out at only 27 full appearances (18 sub). 

Clumsy and over eager? You have also described Kodjia of course without the assists.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Apologies, however I agree with Kev's point about Taylor.

Yeah, I was agreeing with him as well. It was kind of 'despite him looking a bit clumsy and overeager' I think he's a decent player and his stats seemed to show he makes a good contribution. 

Archived