IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

On the face of it £5m (5.2m if you want to be accurate based on rumours) dies sound steep, but this is Summer 2017, and any player worth his salt and under contract is not gonna come cheap.

Personally I didn't see us breaking our transfer record this summer, but had I known we were interested in Diedhiou I would be suggesting we'd need to.

I will wait and see if the fee is announced and what it is.

I didnt think we'd break our transfer record either but when you think about it for the last two seasons we've had two prolific strikers in Kodjia and Tammy respectively which have basically kept us up.

I guess 5ish million is a gamble but if this guy can get a decent amount of goals it will be money well spent.

3 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Apparently 2 former Everton trainees.

From their site:

'The other Everton players listed are: Felipe Mattioni and youth players Jordan Thorniley, James Graham, Jindrik Stanek.

Second year academy scholars Jamie Mellen, Spencer Myers and Ciaran O’Loughlin will be departing the club this summer.'

Myers is a West country boy so that might fit?

3 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Apparently 2 former Everton trainees.

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So for the development team?

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/06/09/club-submits-retained-list

Here's Evertons retained list for this year.

Problem is, only knowing they were once an Everton youth player doesn't help loads without knowing when they were there.

For the development team? Not necessarily. A player could be with Evertons development squads until 22-23 when they are released, so they could be for the main squad.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

From their site:

'The other Everton players listed are: Felipe Mattioni and youth players Jordan Thorniley, James Graham, Jindrik Stanek.

Second year academy scholars Jamie Mellen, Spencer Myers and Ciaran O’Loughlin will be departing the club this summer.'

Myers is a West country boy so that might fit?

That was last years retained list.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Problem is, only knowing they were once an Everton youth player doesn't help loads without knowing when they were there.

For the development team? Not necessarily. A player could be with Evertons development squads until 22-23 when they are released, so they could be for the main squad.

I'm assuming my friend meant newly released but can't be sure I've messaged them to ask for more info.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/06/09/club-submits-retained-list

Here's Evertons retained list for this year.

McAleny was highly sought after and has gone to Fleetwood. Don't recognise any of the others apart from Kone but then I suppose we wouldn't recognise them. 

Im going to have a peek at Everton forums to see what the reaction was (if any) to theses players being released.

5 minutes ago, Kibs said:

If Angers SCO are going to become our feeder club, maybe we should strike up some sort of relationship with their supporters? Perhaps even get the clubs to arrange a friendly!!  :fear:

Good idea, we could send them some stickers and help them increase their pun content in their forum.

So looking at the fans reactions to the release list. They seem to be over the moon that Kone is off but a couple of them surprised about Brewster and Griffiths.

Interesting to note several of their fans want to give James Vaughan another chance....Im not even joking.

Not enough to form an opinnion on any of these players but what are the odds these two are the ones we have with us?

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So looking at the fans reactions to the release list. They seem to be over the moon that Kone is off but a couple of them surprised about Brewster and Griffiths.

Interesting to note several of their fans want to give James Vaughan another chance....Im not even joking.

Not enough to form an opinnion on any of these players but what are the odds these two are the ones we have with us?

Griffiths was at Cheltenham for part of last season and is a GK.

Presumably he or Lucic kept the other one out the side.

He got recalled and then went to Motherwell, where he played 4 games.

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Barnsley are already our feeder club.

Wouldn't it seem more exotic if we moved them thru Angers first though, Rudi?

What young lad wouldn't appreciate a little bit of French living before coming to our great City. Especially after they've been 'oop north for a spell?

I really think this could work

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Griffiths was at Cheltenham for part of last season and is a GK.

Presumably he or Lucic kept the other one out the side.

He got recalled and then went to Motherwell, where he played 4 games.

Our GK signings have quite frankly been meh. I really think Lucic has potential and I would have liked to have seen him loaned out to a league one side. Giefer was hit and miss but I understand he had Injury issues prior to at season.

Archived