IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

5 minutes ago, ForeverRed said:

So if the fee for FD is a club record of £5.2M, isn't that nearly 15 times the club record (£350K) of another club we could mention?

Mind the Gap

:clapping:

Is Andy Tilson still their record signing? If so, that is a long time ago

Bet they smash that this summer, what with them being the 5th richest club in the country

32 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Wouldn't it seem more exotic if we moved them thru Angers first though, Rudi?

What young lad wouldn't appreciate a little bit of French living before coming to our great City. Especially after they've been 'oop north for a spell?

I really think this could work

Can you imagine the accent though, by the time a young footballer, following this route, would have by the time they left us, Woodsy? 

"Ee bah gum, mon cherie, mah ferret had a gurt lush time yur in Bristol, like, ça va?"

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Paul Cheesley, Tom Richie, Chris Garland, John Atyeo etc. What would they cost today, and how much would their salary be? Times have changed. 

Big John 200 per week, Cheese and Tom 500, Chris Garland 600 at Chelsea?

No ideal really. one thing is for sure apart from big John, all would have gone for money.

As Garland did.  who could blame them.?

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sure this has been posted, but some good footage included of his team play, involved in build up too

similar movement to tammy and looks a bit stronger, should do well in the championship

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sure this has been posted, but some good footage included of his team play, involved in build up too

I've seen those goals before, but he really reminds me of Tammy in all the right ways. If he settles properly I think he's going to be dynamite 

He must be good, he is wearing a bandage on his wrist, noticed Tammy doing that recently as well. On the goals vid Angers also had another wrist bandager, so perhaps we should sign him as well.

Of course it could have been lost in translation with something the coach asked them to do with Angers and b andages being similar

7 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Big transfer fee, sure, but this is a big statement of intent, and completely ties in with the "quality over quantity" mantra LJ's spoken of recently. Obviously seen very little of Pisano, but if he's good too, then that fits in as well.

Just worries me we will cash in on Joe and Aden to fund it 

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Doubt it. Lansdown will back Johnson however he wants (within reason). Lansdown will want his show of faith in Johnson, that he got a lot of flack for, to be vindicated. 

What Johnson wants - he will get.

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Many people on here consider both those players to not be of sufficient quality to take us forward. I didn't get to see enough of last season to make a proper judgement, but I don't think we can really ignore bids for Flint. Bryan I'm less certain of, but whoever is lost, I'd imagine will go to a Premier League club, and we'll find replacements.

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Just worries me we are selling two of the first names on the team sheet yet the players we are signing aren't their replacements, best keeping Joe and Aden along with signing these two, strength in numbers

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Doubt it. Lansdown will back Johnson however he wants (within reason). Lansdown will want his show of faith in Johnson, that he got a lot of flack for, to be vindicated. 

What Johnson wants - he will get.

Totally agree, he backed him strongly last season the last thing he wants is for us to have a poor start and for pressure on Johnson to be applied.

However, we did well last summer moving players on, and the corporate money the club must be making from the new stadium has to be taken into account. I'm not sure we necessarily have to sell players to fund this, but I have no doubt if we deceive big offers for any player it is likely we would sell 

8 minutes ago, daored said:

Totally agree, he backed him strongly last season the last thing he wants is for us to have a poor start and for pressure on Johnson to be applied.

However, we did well last summer moving players on, and the corporate money the club must be making from the new stadium has to be taken into account. I'm not sure we necessarily have to sell players to fund this, but I have no doubt if we deceive big offers for any player it is likely we would sell 

I don't think whilst Lansdown is about we'll ever have to sell. Obviously some deals make commercial sense (Kodjia) that we will make as ultimately we want to be self sufficient but we're in a pretty fortunate position financially.

I expect us to spend big (£3m+) on another player this window - even without any big players leaving (Flint). Think we'll end up with a net spend of £10m+ assuming no one leaves.

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

If we can find a player can really cross a good ball with whip, this guy could do a lot of damage in the air. Something we've been lacking for a long time is goals from balls crossed in from our wide on a regular basis

Alan Walsh still playing?

I really like the look of him. His attributes should be well suited to the Championship.

I don't think he'll quite score the goals like Abraham (purely because at this level that is a real rarity, 15 + normally has you in the top 10 strikers in the division) but he'll be a real threat and a major upgrade on what we currently have. Obviously it's only youtube clips but he looks a very cool & calm player when he gets in dangerous positions. 

14 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

If we can find a player can really cross a good ball with whip, this guy could do a lot of damage in the air. Something we've been lacking for a long time is goals from balls crossed in from our wide on a regular basis

LJ said in one of his interviews that City need a player who can cross the ball to get the best out of Djuric. So throw Diedhiou into the equation and this type of player should be the next signing. Where are the rumours?

Just now, pongo88 said:

LJ said in one of his interviews that City need a player who can cross the ball to get the best out of Djuric. So throw Diedhiou into the equation and this type of player should be the next signing. Where are the rumours?

Right mid/winger...

Must be on the radar.......I hope.

Archived