IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

18 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Bloody hell City. Well done all round.. Hope we use him right (I won't mention the left wing honest)

Looks a big bugger and skillfull with it. McCammon plus plus plus.. Anyone got his weight and height stats? Championship defenders may not relish 14+ stone (?) of meat and gristle flying towards them

They don't and I had to promise the magistrate I'll throw no more pies onto the pitch. 

39 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Well if it is pronounced 'JeJu' then how about you lyricists out there coming up with something to the tune of Hey Jude?

I've started it off, now fill in the gaps...... 

JeJu, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her under your skin
Then you'll begin to make it
Better better better better better better, oh
Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, je-ju

Nah.

32 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Nice to see they've announced the fee for once, took me by surprise. Looks a good player, looking forward to seeing what he can do. 

Expect its because its a record fee, stops lots of speculation and guesswork. 

35 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

IN Bristol Tis.........................................FARMER DADDIO!!!!!!!!

plenty of songs for the daddio!

"wait for my daddio, there's whiskey in the jar, goals in the net"!

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

International Sports Consultancy, whoever the fkuc they are. Leeches making money out of something that used to happen by itself/with no middle man not that long ago. (I looked them up, I had no idea. Really, isn't BCFC, Lansdown, Ashton, Johnson, the player, Angers FC enough to do the deal? Why the need for these leeches?)

Because without the leeches, the players used to get right royally screwed by the clubs and paid tuppence a week? Thank Jimmy Hill.

19 minutes ago, hodge said:

Expect its because its a record fee, stops lots of speculation and guesswork. 

That's a shame, as we know how much OTIB loves speculation and guesswork!

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

International Sports Consultancy, whoever the fkuc they are. Leeches making money out of something that used to happen by itself/with no middle man not that long ago. (I looked them up, I had no idea. Really, isn't BCFC, Lansdown, Ashton, Johnson, the player, Angers FC enough to do the deal? Why the need for these leeches?)

Well of those you've listed, 4 parties are interested in paying him as little as possible, one doesn't care beyond maximising the transfer fee and only one, the player himself, wants to maximise the gains of the player.

Given that many players aren't the sharpest when it comes to cutting deals (not saying this one is or isn't), whilst Lansdown has made a fortune out of managing money, don't you think that'd be a little bit unfair?

Distasteful as it may be, agents exist to ensure that players get the best deal for themselves. They'll fleece the players themselves to an extent, no doubt, but not every player is unaware of what goes on and a bad agent would soon get a bad reputation. Without agents the clubs would take advantage of players.

@EnclosureSurge @BCFC_Dan @Leveller

I have sympathy with both views tbh. Agents ARE kind of necessary, as a lot of players lack commercial awareness, it does stick in the craw with the percentage of fees they seem to be getting though

Particular bugbears of mine are super-agents and third party ownership. Indeed, these can crossover.

Before I knew it he was playing for City,

singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum Diedhiou"

Big goalscorer just as natural as can be, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum Diedhiou"

He scores three (scores three)

He scores four (scores four)

We scored three and scores four, then he scores a little more

Archived