IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

On 16 June 2017 at 05:31, swanker said:

Holidaying in the south of France at the moment. Had a meal with a couple of French families last night and we started talking football.  I asked them their opinion of Diedhiou. They didn't know who I was talking about or who he was. Sounds like he a pile of pants to me. 

Covfefe! Fake news!

Obviously our record breaking signing has brought a lot of attention from rival fans on social media. And some of them really are bitter. How can Bristol city spend that sort of money. Bristol city wasting 5 million on a shit player I've never heard of. Amongst others . Bitter fools do some research 

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Mmmmm if you have a look at the timing of my post it was after we had confirmed the deal, which The Bristol Post still hadn't done an hour or so later. My reference was for the confirmation of the deal, not the possibility of us signing him.

If The Bristol Post had their 'man on the inside', they would have known that the deal was going to be confirmed at 10:30ish & as they ran a headline story of our away kit with a Oxford label in it, I would of thought the breaking of our transfer record would of been reported on sooner than an hour or so later than most other places.

It's ok, I'm no apologist for the Post, far from it! It just made me smile that your post prompted me to wonder which OTIBer had first flagged this up as a potential transfer target, so I went back to look, only to find...!! Not trying to make any more of it, and I'm sure you're right they don't have the inside knowledge they once had, or at least if they do they can't keep up with the speed of modern day media!

17 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It's ok, I'm no apologist for the Post, far from it! It just made me smile that your post prompted me to wonder which OTIBer had first flagged this up as a potential transfer target, so I went back to look, only to find...!! Not trying to make any more of it, and I'm sure you're right they don't have the inside knowledge they once had, or at least if they do they can't keep up with the speed of modern day media!

I think as much as Stockhausen got stick on here, at least he was a 'reporter' who did have his contacts at the club & he did 'report' on some things as they broke.

Since he's gone, they seem to very much get their information from here or social media (Twitter / Facebook / Snapchat etc) & they've become somewhat of a copy & paste rag now, rather than any real reporting being done anymore.

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

Fantastic signing and looks like he has plenty of potential.

The only small draw back is that he could disappear for 4 or 5 weeks in the new year to attend the African Cup of Nations.

Not for 18 months or so he won't.

27 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The very first post about Diedhiou was from someone else on another thread, I think L'Equipe was the source.

The Bristol Post ran an article after seeing the rumours here and elsewhere, that article was picked up on by the OP of this thread, who then made this thread.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

You could always try making something out of this.

Youssou N'Dour is from Senegal and is world famous and Neneh Cherry worked with/helped out Massive Attack. She is also from Sweden so Tommy and the boys should be happy too! :) 

Was also married to a City supporter, at least he was 40 years ago

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It will be interesting to see how it ranks at the end of this window. Considerably lower I would suggest.

Could well be. Vast majority of those top 25 transfers have happened since 2015 and the top 8 transfers were all over £10m! 

In the round I still think £5.3m is a lot of money on one player at this level and I can only assume the club are very confident that this bloke is the real deal.

Score around 20 goals in his first season and look the part and in the current climate he's a £20m player by next summer.

23 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Objectively, his record is not that good.  168 appearances for some fairly average teams.  60 goals.  And a Senegalese international .... well 6 appearances and just the one goal. 

Compare with Mr Vardy ... almost a goal a game at non league level ... 27 goals in 37 appearances at Halifax.  31 goals in 36 appearances at Fleetwood.  

Once again, style above substance I am afraid.

Imagine my surprise when I read one of your posts only to find it was a complete load of boll0x.

Your a strange fruit aren't you?

1 hour ago, Pheasant plucker said:

Imagine my surprise when I read one of your posts only to find it was a complete load of boll0x.

Your a strange fruit aren't you?

Fits in white well on OTIB I would say!

4 hours ago, oldrosie said:

Objectively, his record is not that good.  168 appearances for some fairly average teams.  60 goals.  And a Senegalese international .... well 6 appearances and just the one goal. 

Compare with Mr Vardy ... almost a goal a game at non league level ... 27 goals in 37 appearances at Halifax.  31 goals in 36 appearances at Fleetwood.  

Once again, style above substance I am afraid.

Or compare with Kodjia who had 32 in 114 for some even worse teams before we bought him. 

If he carries on scoring at the rate he has done over his career so far for us he'll get 16+ goals this season. That would place him in the top 7 goal scorers in the league. 

But yeah sure take a pop at the guy before he's even played a minute for us. Jesus wept...

29 minutes ago, swanker said:

I hope so. £5 million is a lot of money for someone that's not that well known in his own country.  Let's hope they've heard of him this time next year!

It's like moneyball in a way. We picked up a right back on a free, so any money allocated to that position can be used elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I make the £5.3m fee we paid for FD the 25th biggest transfer fee ever paid by a Championship club. 

Make of that what you will!

And of those 25 how many were signings for the likes of Newcastle, Villa and other recently relegated prem teams. Must be the vast majority. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned but it's great that he can speak English. It's not perfect and I hope the club can still help him learn but at least there won't be any barriers like there were with kodjia, I'd imagine Moore will be his roommate and Mags will be Pisanos 

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's like moneyball in a way. We picked up a right back on a free, so any money allocated to that position can be used elsewhere.

I don't care what we've paid as long as he scores goals. 20 goals next season and we've got a bargain. Let's hope he's an improvement on Tammy!!

Archived