IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

• Admin
2 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but it's great that he can speak English. It's not perfect and I hope the club can still help him learn but at least there won't be any barriers like there were with kodjia, I'd imagine Moore will be his roommate and Mags will be Pisanos 

More likely Duric will be used to settle Pisano as I'm not convinced Mags will be staying. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we would of had bids by now or he would of handed in a transfer request, same as with tomlin

We may well have done, fans are always last to know.

These deals are a domino effect - to sell Magnusson, we'll have had to get a replacement in place who's club will need a replacement and so on..

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Magnusson go, plenty of time left in the window.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

These deals are a domino effect - to sell Magnusson, we'll have had to get a replacement in place who's club will need a replacement and so on..

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Magnusson go, plenty of time left in the window.

I think if either of them had made such a move, their agents would have made that general knowledge by now. Doesn't a player requesting a transfer lose his rights to a percentage of the fee etc? If so I don't think either of them are unhappy enough to go forego that.  

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

his agent would be making noises in the media if he wanted away, plenty of time left in the window I agree, but I don't think he is as unhappy as being made out to be, frustraited that he lost his place and upset about being blamed for 5 goals at preston when he wasn't on the pitch for 3 of them but not as bad as the hyperbole on the facebook page and here

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The "window" is not even officially open yet!

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you'll find it's a spiders web actually. 

34 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The domestic window did.

International window opens July 1st.

not completely true,

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/10862752/when-does-the-transfer-window-open

France opened June 9th, Germany Italy will open 1st July, China June 19th,

There is no strict transfer window, it's down to each association 

23 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Is anyone not a little bothered that we've paid a record, £5m for a player who only scored eight times last season? Those are some Darren Byfield numbers. 

in the french top flight, in Lige 2 (or whatever its called) he scored more then Kodja did, he is also younger then kodja, I think we may have a real gem here

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

Is anyone not a little bothered that we've paid a record, £5m for a player who only scored eight times last season? Those are some Darren Byfield numbers. 

He scored 23 in the second division the season before and netted 8 this season in the top flight. It's also worth considering that they got to the French FA Cup final. 

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 07:30, Robin TBW said:

Even without considering his goal tally in the French top tier, I'm still amazed that we've splashed over £5m on a player full stop.  Didn't think we'd ever spend so much on one player.  I wonder what it means for the season ahead and SL's / the Board's intention.

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Even without considering his goal tally in the French top tier, I'm still amazed that we've splashed over £5m on a player full stop.  Didn't think we'd ever spend so much on one player.  I wonder what it means for the season ahead and SL's / the Board's intention.

It's becoming the going rate in the championship, trickling down from the prem. kodjia £15m Mcormack went for £10m etc . If we want to finish top half next season we have to compete . 

On 6/30/2017 at 08:55, Monkeh said:

in the french top flight, in Lige 2 (or whatever its called) he scored more then Kodja did, he is also younger then kodja, I think we may have a real gem here

My main fear when we signed Kodjia was whether or not a player from a ligue 2 or lower ligue 1 would have the physical attributes to survive in the championship, French football is skilful but almost a non contact sport, Kodjia adapted well with no problem and this guy looks as though he is a beast and having seen him play and being marked by this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michaël_Ciani another physical beast of a player, he certainly didn't shy away from the physical stuff, I think he could turn out to be a cult figure with the fans.

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It's becoming the going rate in the championship, trickling down from the prem. kodjia £15m Mcormack went for £10m etc . If we want to finish top half next season we have to compete . 

Yep, agree about this sort of money being the new norm for our level, but it still seems a very impressive outlay.

Could we afford another similar priced player?.

12 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

My main fear when we signed Kodjia was whether or not a player from a ligue 2 or lower ligue 1 would have the physical attributes to survive in the championship, French football is skilful but almost a non contact sport, Kodjia adapted well with no problem and this guy looks as though he is a beast and having seen him play and being marked by this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michaël_Ciani another physical beast of a player, he certainly didn't shy away from the physical stuff, I think he could turn out to be a cult figure with the fans.

:fingerscrossed:

13 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Yep, agree about this sort of money being the new norm for our level, but it still seems a very impressive outlay.

Could we afford another similar priced player?.

Probably yes. I noticed in that article about Ashton gate in a business magazine that we've gone from £250,000 to £3m in corporate sales since the rebuild. We've always lacked this revenue regarding ffp so that will help massively . Plus obviously the increase in attendances . It all helps 

Archived