IGNORED

ICC Champions Trophy 2017 Thread

BobBobSuperBob

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fair play Bob. How did England bat btw?.............:rofl2br:

As I live in Cardiff having got back, thought England batted well generally. However get Roy out of the side now, didn't really look comfortable, the difference between someone out of form not getting luck and not looking good while batting was obvious to those who were in Root and Williamson. Get Billings or Bairstow to open. Hales, Root (unlucky to chop on), Stokes (maybe a bit silly with his dismissal) and Buttler (well done to get us up to the 300 mark) all batted well. 

My biggest concern was the bowling, for a long time until getting Williamson it looked like a lack of a cutting edge, only saw when I got back but how did Ball get man of the match? 

19 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

How'd you get on Bob? Looked freezing this morning.

Weird weather ablackbird

As cold as I've been at Cricket and certainly the windiest

Good day tho, full game , England win and plenty of Zumerzet supporters in attendance

Williamson and Taylor looked to be in control at one point but it was all fairly comfortable come the end tho,wasn't it :thumbsup:

:englandflag:

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

As I live in Cardiff having got back, thought England batted well generally. However get Roy out of the side now, didn't really look comfortable, the difference between someone out of form not getting luck and not looking good while batting was obvious to those who were in Root and Williamson. Get Billings or Bairstow to open. Hales, Root (unlucky to chop on), Stokes (maybe a bit silly with his dismissal) and Buttler (well done to get us up to the 300 mark) all batted well. 

My biggest concern was the bowling, for a long time until getting Williamson it looked like a lack of a cutting edge, only saw when I got back but how did Ball get man of the match? 

Ball man of match :blink:

Bowled a lot better today and early breakthrough was a great help but MOM is ridiculous

Would have been Buttler for me - very sensible innings , at the right and a good tempo and kept well as well

Agree with all you say about the lack of penetration in our attack - Wood is our one real hope when we need to break a partnership

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ball man of match :blink:

Bowled a lot better today and early breakthrough was a great help but MOM is ridiculous

Would have been Buttler for me - very sensible innings , at the right and a good tempo and kept well as well

Agree with all you say about the lack of penetration in our attack - Wood is our one real hope when we need to break a partnership

I'd have maybe said Root, his innings was pure class, but wouldn't have argued with Buttler.

And Banana! :laugh::facepalm:

1 minute ago, hodge said:

I'd have maybe said Root, his innings was pure class, but wouldn't have argued with Buttler.

Yep  - Couldn't have argued with Root

Absolute class - every time I see him he looks to have so much more time than anyone else and atm is almost a guaranteed 50 or more - incredible player and will break all sorts of records and end his career as one of our best ever

Love his will to win in everything he does 

Stokes would have had a shout too - has learnt to build an innings and got the important wicket of Guptill too

We are very enjoyable to watch atm :clap:

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep  - Couldn't have argued with Root

Absolute class - every time I see him he looks to have so much more time than anyone else and atm is almost a guaranteed 50 or more - incredible player and will break all sorts of records and end his career as one of our best ever

Love his will to win in everything he does 

Lets just hope that having the responsibility of being Englands test captain doesn't effect his form as it has with some previous England captains.

• Admin
3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Because I'm just leaving Cardiff -

no armchair fan like some

Was great day over there, got blown away, soaked through and sun burnt all in one day. Nice to see a bit of interaction between Corey Anderson and a group of Somerset supporters over there, now onto Edgbaston where the forecast looks iffy on Saturday to send the Aussies home 

20170606_141534.jpg

• Admin
2 hours ago, hodge said:

Assume you're on about the guy doing the quiz, that was amusing, but not as funny as the dominoes around the outfield 

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

Was great day over there, got blown away, soaked through and sun burnt all in one day. Nice to see a bit of interaction between Corey Anderson and a group of Somerset supporters over there, now onto Edgbaston where the forecast looks iffy on Saturday to send the Aussies home 

20170606_141534.jpg

Missed out on the ballot for that one - have a good day Phant 

should be a cracker and we are a very attractive watch let alone a clash with the Aussies :thumbsup:

The weather should be kinder too !

Not sure you can find a days entertainment as good for £30 right now

Must have been sat only feet away from you by your pic - You weren't one of the Mexicans or Bananas were you ? :laughcont: (All Somerset)

Also I've got a ticket for the semi final at Cardiff, which at this rate looks like it could well be England :fingerscrossed:

And yeah loved the interaction between Corey and the Somerset guys, Ross Taylor took it well as well. 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Also I've got a ticket for the semi final at Cardiff, which at this rate looks like it could well be England :fingerscrossed:

And yeah loved the interaction between Corey and the Somerset guys, Ross Taylor took it well as well. 

England are definitely in the Cardiff semi, already confirmed.

Pretty impressive that we really didn't bat that well but still got to 310. Thought the bowling was much better yesterday Rashid has to play no idea why he was left out of the first game.

• Admin
11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Missed out on the ballot for that one - have a good day Phant 

Must have been sat only feet away from you by your pic - You weren't one of the Mexicans or Bananas were you ? :laughcont: (All Somerset)

Missed out in the ballot too, but they went back on sale a few weeks back and got one then

We were just to the left of the bananas 

11 hours ago, hodge said:

I was sat a bit infront and to the right, yeah the dominoes was a good laugh, the chants of 'you don't know what you're doing' around the 3rd or 4th time as well.  

We must have all been sat really closely

1 hour ago, hodge said:

If Australia destroy England then they'd move top wouldn't they? 

No - we will finish top

2 hours ago, Super said:

Pretty impressive that we really didn't bat that well but still got to 310. Thought the bowling was much better yesterday Rashid has to play no idea why he was left out of the first game.

Was strange to leave him out at the Oval and play him yesterday with v short straight boundaries

Have to say I feared the worst but he bowled no long hops or rubbish that I can recall and bowled pretty well thankfully

Im not a massive fan , he struggles to trouble good batsmen but is a handful for those lower down the order , and he's the best we've got from an empty box of spin options

(Alas another that we carry in the field a bit - and we have too many of them ideally IMHO)

Still , we can't have it all and as a unit and particularly to a scintillating batting line up we are a decent unit and good to watch  :englandflag::thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was strange to leave him out at the Oval and play him yesterday with v short straight boundaries

Have to say I feared the worst but he bowled no long hops or rubbish that I can recall and bowled pretty well thankfully

Im not a massive fan , he struggles to trouble good batsmen but is a handful for those lower down the order , and he's the best we've got from an empty box of spin options

(Alas another that we carry in the field a bit - and we have too many of them ideally IMHO)

Still , we can't have it all and as a unit and particularly to a scintillating batting line up we are a decent unit and good to watch  :englandflag::thumbsup:

Playing Buttler and Bairstow would rectify this a bit as both are excellent fielders so whoever didn't have the gloves would improve the unit. Shame they're both keepers, seems a bit of a waste.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Pakistan all over South Africa here. Superb bowling.

Pakistan have history of producing top top bowlers. Wasim, Waqar, Aktar, Imran, Abdul Qadir, Mustaq the list is very impressive.

Looks like they have another in Hassan. He's pretty damn quick - around 85/90 mph

Just now, Robbored said:

Pakistan have history of producing top top bowlers. Wasim, Waqar, Aktar, Imran, Abdul Qadir, Mustaq the list is very impressive.

The Wasim Akram master class on Sky the other day was very interesting.

34 minutes ago, Super said:

The Wasim Akram master class on Sky the other day was very interesting.

I first subscribed to Sky when they bought the cricket rights. England were touring the West Indies back then and it meant that I'd be able to watch live cricket when I got home from work........

Skys cricket coverage is fantastic. The Master Class series is brilliant as  is their coverage of all the sports they cover. It's not cheap but worth every penny in my case.

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Classic Pakistan. They're either brilliant or shite. Group B will look very interesting if Pakistan go on to win that then Sri Lanka beat India tomorrow, they'd all be on 2 points with a game to play.

Batting isn't great. I Still fancy South Africa to win this one with the bowling attack they have

Just now, Super said:

Batting isn't great. I Still fancy South Africa to win this one with the bowling attack they have

220 to win in 50 overs at 4.4 per over.They should do it easily enough - as long as they don't stagnate in chasing such a modest total.

Archived