IGNORED

Premier League Teams vs Championship Teams 17/18

JakeOTIB

It scares me to see the line up for the coming season with little Bristol City, who have only won promotion to the top tier once since the end of the First World War among those who seem to be bouncing between top and second tier with alarming regularity.

If I wasn't a pessimist, which I actually am, I would only see another scrap to stay up looming.

Please, please Bristol City, I know it's like Scotland being known for it's fantastic cuisine, the Italians for being brave soldiers, the Germans for producing only second rate cars like the Trabant and Donald Trump making misogamy a crime, but let's have a fantastically successful season, with no dressing room rows, consistent team formation and every player on the field making death defying challenges at both ends of the field, cheered on by a vociferous and supportive crowd. A pessimist dreaming of optimism!

PS: First away game at Wolves with a win there for the first time since 1931 would be nice. 

On Saturday, June 03, 2017 at 10:31, JakeOTIB said:

Doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

I think half of our problem is that we dont enjoy the Championship for what it is ( a great conpetitive league with some famous old teans) rather than just as an irksome obstacle on the way to the Premier League. Lets enjoy being here and building to be competitive at this level first 

On 2017-6-2 at 20:10, Red Right Hand said:

Despite what Sky want you to believe the Championship is a far more exciting and competitive division than the premier league will ever be.

It was interesting to hear Ray Wilkins talking to the studio experts on SSN yesterday. He declared the Championship is a very difficult league with games on cold days and cold nights. "You need British players and Managers to get into the Prem as they know and understand these conditions".

Looking at next season's opponents, After Cardiff, our next local derby is Reading. Is City in a back water or are we showing the way to all the other clubs geographically between Plymouth and Cheltenham?

Archived