IGNORED

Champions League Final

Super

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Roof closed on a lovely evening like tonight? I get the atmosphere is better but it's never that bad with roof open either. 

Looks like the pitch still isn't great, cutting up AOTS 

Shut due to security. Yes we thought the pitch looked bad too. Missed all the pre-game stuff but did they have a star or something in the centre circle, looks like the grass has died underneath it if it was there for a while?

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Best finish I`ve seen in a long time, fabulous.

Possibly one of the greatest in a CL final? Zidanes probably still just about elipses it 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think they`re worried about drones with nail bombs or something like that attached to them. If it`s got a roof then close it IMO, saves the Security Services having another thing to worry about.

Exactly. If they have a ready made shield so to speak you can understand them using it. Imagine if something happened and the reason for not closing the roof was because it was a nice evening. There would be hell to play.

Just passing on what was being reported, understandable with recent events I guess.

Just now, Rascal said:

Hahahaha, from who ? 

Take a wild guess? I'm not saying I agree with it as I said, but this match is very high profile and we know for sure there is nothing some groups won't do 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You're aware of the link then Tone?

Indeedly doodly.  It's why their strip is the same and why Notts were asked to play the first game at Juves new ground.

They could have invited Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester United to inaugurate their fine new stadium. Instead a great Italian institution summoned the club standing 12th in the third tier of English football to join Thursday's opening ceremony and, if there has been a more elegant gesture in the history of football, it would be good to hear of it.

For it was Notts County, in 1903, who answered the call of a Juventus member, an Englishman named John Savage, to send a set of the club's black and white striped shirts to replace the pink numbers worn by the players of the Italian club since their founding by a group of students six years earlier. Thus did Notts, who were then midway through a spell in the old First Division, save Juventus from a century of being confused with pink-shirted Palermo.

Archived