IGNORED

Do you wear a City shirt out and about?

reddogkev

7 hours ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

I live in Gillingham. I do wear a kit occaisionally....its always intetesting to see people trying to work out what top you are wearing. To be fair my son wears one more than me. It can be a talking point here. Many Gills fans have memories ofour numerous visits in the Championship year. 

The first time my son wore his top out in gillingham in about september we happenef to come across Scott Wagstaff in JD sports who was happy to pose for a photo with my son. Top man

Blimey Gillingham must have been like being a season ticket holder for a while. 

I wouldn't dream of wearing a football shirt when out and about. Apart from the image problem of old men in football shirts, they're made of plastic! Who wants to wear a plastic shirt?

9 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I only wear city shorts about the house

Me and my mate used to joke for years about only allowed to have a players name on the back of a replica kit if he is older than you 

I haven't been able to do this for a number of years 

Don't restrict it to current players and, hey presto, you've got a decent number of names to go on the back! Who's rich enough to be able to afford Phillipson-Masters on the back?

10 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Ok, there's not much else to talk about - so here's something scraped freshly from the bottom of my barrel - do you wear a City shirt outside as a normal item of clothing?

I've been out with the kids quite a bit this week and I've spotted at least 4 children wearing City tops in some of the local parks.  Surely the number should be higher?

And, if you don't wear one, would you be tempted to pull on a red shirt if City were in the top tier.

As a man coming ever closer to the age of 40, I often wonder if it's socially acceptable to wear a football shirt whilst out in the company of the general masses.

Thoughts?

Well, I'll put my shovel back in the barrel now...

Strange that you said you only saw 4 kids in City tops, since they've done the season ticket and free shirt deal I've never seen so many City shirts on show. My sons play for Longwell and Keynsham and City shirts dominate their training sessions.

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Strange that you said you only saw 4 kids in City tops, since they've done the season ticket and free shirt deal I've never seen so many City shirts on show. My sons play for Longwell and Keynsham and City shirts dominate their training sessions.

Good to hear

I haven't worn a shirt in years. Last time was the POF v Hull I think.

But like @RumRed said, my brainwashed son wears a kit when out and about. Most random place I saw a kid in a City shirt was at Legoland last October. Kudos to that parent!

Edit: just thought. My brother whom is nearly 30 wears his out and about. I remember after the aforementioned final, he was getting some grub in McDonald's in Bemmy. A couple of gasheads clocked him in the shirt and started giving him a mouthful through the windows. My brother walks out and tells them to fewk off. They got a bit lairy and just when they were about to have a pop, my hubby and brother in law (Hubby has a rugby build and brother in law is similar) appeared behind him. Never seen the gasheads run so quick... 

11 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Don't wear football shirts. But wear City shorts quite a lot in the summer. Comfy. I think football shirts look a bit strange on 50 year old men with beer guts . But each to their own 

Or 50 year old men without the beer belly!

Loads of shirts of all leagues being worn over here, by everybody, especially locals, from toddlers to grannies! Latest shirt spotted earlier today was bright yellow with DORTMUND across the back.

Haven't seen any British below the prem....apart from Norwich.   

Think I might dig out a City and England shirt next time I'm home, then I'll be able to blend in a bit more.

But I do have an otib sticker on my bike.  (Bought at the Wolves game last time I was back)

Looks smart as well!

Does that count?

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Or 50 year old men without the beer belly!

I'm confused why adults concern themselves, judge, or even have an opinion on what others may be wearing.....who cares.

I thought all that nonsense got left in the school play ground.

I will be 60 at the end of the month and still wear City replica shirts to games despite having a massive gut now. Don't know why but somehow I found last seasons away shirt more comfortable than the home shirt despite them being the same size (5XL). 

Occasionally wear one out if going casual here but I don't take one on holiday overseas, where I prefer the smart casual look. Somehow the look of the English football 'lad' in Europe has never appealed to me. 

2 hours ago, cockneydave said:

I wear a city white polo shirt their their logo on and its never been a problem.Its surprising how many people give a smile. i am a city fan and proud of it,  and its not boasting or anything it just lets people know i support city!!

Probably too polite to laugh at you / us 

1 hour ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Just been on holiday to sunny Spain and wore my city polo shirt. Now if city were to sell nice swimming shorts with the badge on could see that being a big seller. 

I really like the new lime shorts, if they made them with pockets I'd definitely buy a pair for holidays.

Archived