IGNORED

Do you wear a City shirt out and about?

reddogkev

Ok, there's not much else to talk about - so here's something scraped freshly from the bottom of my barrel - do you wear a City shirt outside as a normal item of clothing?

I've been out with the kids quite a bit this week and I've spotted at least 4 children wearing City tops in some of the local parks.  Surely the number should be higher?

And, if you don't wear one, would you be tempted to pull on a red shirt if City were in the top tier.

As a man coming ever closer to the age of 40, I often wonder if it's socially acceptable to wear a football shirt whilst out in the company of the general masses.

Thoughts?

Well, I'll put my shovel back in the barrel now...

I live in Gillingham. I do wear a kit occaisionally....its always intetesting to see people trying to work out what top you are wearing. To be fair my son wears one more than me. It can be a talking point here. Many Gills fans have memories ofour numerous visits in the Championship year. 

The first time my son wore his top out in gillingham in about september we happenef to come across Scott Wagstaff in JD sports who was happy to pose for a photo with my son. Top man

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Don't wear football shirts. But wear City shorts quite a lot in the summer. Comfy. I think football shirts look a bit strange on 50 year old men with beer guts . But each to their own 

You've nailed it there, I'm going to buy some City shorts, but is it alright to wear a shirt at 50 if you are minus the beer gut?

Don't wear football shirts. But wear City shorts quite a lot in the summer. Comfy. I think football shirts look a bit strange on 50 year old men with beer guts . But each to their own 

Yeah I've started doing the shirts thing, I'm almost 32 now, is it an age thing?

well I wear my city shirt to games and out and about and I am mid 50's with  bit of a belly .

why that is not good to show my support at and away from games I do not see.

Just now, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

I live in Gillingham. I do wear a kit occaisionally....its always intetesting to see people trying to work out what top you are wearing. To be fair my son wears one more than me. It can be a talking point here. Many Gills fans have memories ofour numerous visits in the Championship year. 

The first time my son wore his top out in gillingham in about september we happenef to come across Scott Wagstaff in JD sports who was happy to pose for a photo with my son. Top man

JD sports and Top Man, were you following him around the shops...?!

Just now, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Just for extra talking points, you should get Akinbiyi's name on the back of the shirt.  Think we signed him from Gillingham, though my memory may have failed me.

15 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

well I wear my city shirt to games and out and about and I am mid 50's with  bit of a belly .

why that is not good to show my support at and away from games I do not see.

Like I said each to there own. Fair play to you. Just not for me . 

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not for me.  I think there is a fine line between shirt wearing and being a FKW.......

Frauen Kunst Wissenschaft (German: Women's Art History) ?

Fox Kids Worldwide, Inc. ?

Fractional Kidney Weight ?

Full Kit W an ker (sports) ?

I wear one every now and then. Generally only to the supermarket or something. 

I did once wear my replica of the 60s shirt on a train into Manchester city centre... Amazed me how many people thought it was a Manchester united shirt... Now I don't expect them to know it was a Bristol city shirt but I did expect them to realise it wasn't the Manchester coat of arms on it... Having said that one guy thought it was a Welsh Rugby kit :facepalm:

Well I'm wrong side of 60 but I always wear my latest (not necessarily the current) replica shirt home or away, call it pride or superstition but not wearing one is unthinkable.

As to "out and about" I have to admit it's rarely worn now as with a bit of a belly it does not fit right (it's me not the shirt !) That does not seem to matter at a game but somehow it does elsewhere; quite odd really.

7 minutes ago, Float'n Over said:

Well I'm wrong side of 60 but I always wear my latest (not necessarily the current) replica shirt home or away, call it pride or superstition but not wearing one is unthinkable.

As to "out and about" I have to admit it's rarely worn now as with a bit of a belly it does not fit right (it's me not the shirt !) That does not seem to matter at a game but somehow it does elsewhere; quite odd really.

you want to take it back , my mother said I will grow into it, she never said I will grow out of it.

Last time i wore one to a match i must of been about 13, years of age. The only colours i wear to matches now is a pin badge but my son still wears his but that will soon stop i'm guessing as his friends are starting to ditch theirs. There all at the similar age i stopped wearing mine 12/13.

Away from football only wear them around the house its just the whole grown man in a shirt thing i don't really get it. I always buy a polo top though to wear on holiday plus City flag must come and gets hung from the balcony. 

Crikey! 

As a kid I obviously had to own and wear the shirt to games.  I guess I must've been in my late-teens when I became self-aware enough to known this isn't the way.  

Either a hat or scarf followed for a little bit after that.

Then I went through a phase of wearing a 70's replica.

Pin badges are really the way for me as a working-age adult.  Maybe the 70's replica for a special away day, but unlikely.  

Shorts are the way on holiday or whatever.

But generally, as an adult, no I don't wear a replica polyester football shirt.  

The nine year old me would be ashamed of the 2017 me!

Archived