IGNORED

Millwall fan and the team sign (Merged)

SedRA

24 minutes ago, RedSA said:

...but fair play to this one. All that practice scrapping came in useful this time. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/london-bridge-hero-knifed-five-10562830

btw, hoping this won't turn into an argument about immigration, foreign policy etc and we can stick to the courageous actions of this Millwall fan. 

Wow, he sounds like a top bloke! Hope he does get some kind of recognition.

30 minutes ago, RedSA said:

...but fair play to this one. All that practice scrapping came in useful this time. 

btw, hoping this won't turn into an argument about immigration, foreign policy etc and we can stick to the courageous actions of this Millwall fan. 

Football 'trouble groups' get a lot of stick on here

but If fortune had only meant the thee pieces of scum had walked into a pub of certain groups of lads , including our own in their hey day , they may have stabbed a few but they wouldn't have left the pub 

Shame

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Football 'trouble groups' get a lot of stick on here

but If fortune had only meant the thee pieces of scum had walked into a pub of certain groups of lads , including our own in their hey day , they may have stabbed a few but they wouldn't have left the pub 

Shame

They don't go looking for pubs like that though Bob, they know what they'd be walking into

******* pussy's would rather pick on families / couples out having a nice evening

2 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Didn't Millwall supporters protect their local area in the 2011 mass rioting? 

Certainly did. Read a few looters got a real beating. Fair play to them

On 6/5/2017 at 12:47, RedSA said:

Massive bottle to tackle someone wielding a knife. Fair play.

9 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

That picture... so British in response and so brilliant. 

The man is an absolute hero. However, I can see why the authorities may be loathe to celebrate him (and I kinda get why). Police advice is no better put than 'bloody leg it'. Not sure the authorities would want to encourage people standing up to terrorists - it could make the armed police's job more difficult etc etc etc.  

Whilst what he did was absolutely admirable, full of courage, and the ultimate display of selflessness, we can see how close he came to being another victim. 

Think his friends may need to settle for donations and best wishes from strangers. 

On 2017-6-5 at 13:14, exAtyeoMax said:

Wow, he sounds like a top bloke! Hope he does get some kind of recognition.

Takes great courage to face such fear-none if us can be sure we could be so strong in such a moment..would like to see "the lion of London bridge" honoured than many of the faceless nothings whom are handed gongs.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

That picture... so British in response and so brilliant. 

The man is an absolute hero. However, I can see why the authorities may be loathe to celebrate him (and I kinda get why). Police advice is no better put than 'bloody leg it'. Not sure the authorities would want to encourage people standing up to terrorists - it could make the armed police's job more difficult etc etc etc.  

Whilst what he did was absolutely admirable, full of courage, and the ultimate display of selflessness, we can see how close he came to being another victim. 

Think his friends may need to settle for donations and best wishes from strangers. 

Absolutely love the book his mates have brought in. Classic British wit.

This bloke has literally thrown himself in front of others and was injured pretty much everywhere. How he survived is a miracle and can only be down to the incredible work of the NHS staff. 

This guy needs some sort of official recognition for having the balls to stand up.

4 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Read this morning about the Aussie nurse who ran straight to the injured on the bridge and paid the ultimate cost

Makes you wonder how you would react in the same position

Heroes, the lot of them

The million dollar question. Hopefully one that we will never have to answer. 

21 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The million dollar question. Hopefully one that we will never have to answer. 

Hopefully not. I would guess my reaction would be to run.

I would be amazed if my reaction was aggressive rather than protective.

Fingers crossed I never have to find out. 

3 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Which they respectfully ignored. 

Fantastic comedic use of the English language there, sir: "Respectfully ignored", linguistically brilliant!

If reporting is to be fair, we were in out rage due to the deplorable baby biting incident by a supposed Bristol City supporter and condemning the Post for mentioning us in relation to him.

In the same light, why should the fact this bloke is a Millwall fan be appropriate for a report of adrenaline-fuelled, patriotic, self-defensive violence?

18 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Fantastic comedic use of the English language there, sir: "Respectfully ignored", linguistically brilliant!

If reporting is to be fair, we were in out rage due to the deplorable baby biting incident by a supposed Bristol City supporter and condemning the Post for mentioning us in relation to him.

In the same light, why should the fact this bloke is a Millwall fan be appropriate for a report of adrenaline-fuelled, patriotic, self-defensive violence?

I don't get your last sentence. The whole situation from start to finish was violent. Whether on the good side or the bad. Are you condemning his use of violence against the perpetrators or just the fact it's a report about violence and they've shoehorned a piece of info into it, making a veiled reference to Millwall's "chequered" past?

However, I have to agree with point no. 1. His choice of football team has no bearing on what action he took that night. I'm sure some Bristol City fans would run when confronted with the same situation, whilst other City fans would take them on.

Nor would it matter what cricket team he supported or what job he does or what blooming shop he gets his weekly groceries in...

The guy is a hero. I couldn't care less if he was a lion, a robin, a pirate or a bluebird.

8 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

self defence violence?

What the **** does that mean?

It means exactly what it says on the tin. 

The fact he is a Millwall fan is totally irrelevant, though. Which was the point I was trying to make.

The bloke should be awarded an MBE or some such award for bravery.

Just now, WTFiGO!?! said:

The fact he is a Millwall fan is totally irrelevant, though. Which was the point I was trying to make.

Yeah fair play. It's all about defendring your own. And eneyone in disress>

Just now, Septic Peg said:

I don't get your last sentence. The whole situation from start to finish was violent. Whether on the good side or the bad. Are you condemning his use of violence against the perpetrators or just the fact it's a report about violence and they've shoehorned a piece of info into it, making a veiled reference to Millwall's "chequered" past?

However, I have to agree with point no. 1. His choice of football team has no bearing on what action he took that night. I'm sure some Bristol City fans would run when confronted with the same situation, whilst other City fans would take them on.

Nor would it matter what cricket team he supported or what job he does or what blooming shop he gets his weekly groceries in...

The guy is a hero. I couldn't care less if he was a lion, a robin, a pirate or a bluebird.

Sorry, see the above post.

Twice today I've poorly worded a post and got dug out for it.

The necessary violence used in self-defence and the association with Millwall is not on in the circumstance.

In the same way that a person biting a baby has nothing in association with City.  Which we were up in arms about!

On 06/06/2017 at 22:40, WTFiGO!?! said:

Allegedly, in some reports at least,  the bloke self identified as 'Millwall' when shouting his defiance at the attackers and fighting back, if so, it becomes relevant. There was no suggestion in any reports I saw that the baby biter did the same when committting his offence. 

Agree totally with the MBE comment. Is it the George Cross that's appropriate? I think he's already been nominated by an MP. 

2 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Allegedly, in some reports st least,  the bloke self identified as 'Millwall' when shouting his defiance at the attackers and fighting back, if so, it becomes relevant. There was no suggestion in any reports I saw that the baby biter did the same when committting his offence. 

Agree totally with the MBE comment. Is it the George Cross that's appropriate? I think he's already been nominated by an MP. 

If he allegedly, in some reports, self-identified as 'Millwall' when shouting his defiance at the attackers is at all important then so be it.   

Him being a Millwall fan, seems to just be an addage of juicy news for the rags.  In my view. 

Think the man should definitely be given the appropriate reward, no question.  

I've been thinking what I might do.   I would totally and utterly kick the **** off or run like Forrest Gump.

• Admin

His wounds look pretty horrific and certainly very brave in standing up to his attackers.

Not sure how many people are aware, but Sean who runs the Three lions is going to return the infamous Millwall sign that has been on display in the pub for 20+ to this guy as recognition from not only his pub but also Bristol City, that this guys bravery deserves respect from everyone, no matter what team we support 

FB_IMG_1496773795392.jpg

FB_IMG_1496818380320.jpg

The 3 Lions has invited Roy Larner to the pub before the two clubs next meet at AG so the Millwall Team Coach sign can be returned "to the Millwall hero who has earned this memento back. What a man!"

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-fans-return-trophy-96873

3 hours ago, phantom said:

His wounds look pretty horrific and certainly very brave in standing up to his attackers.

Not sure how many people are aware, but Sean who runs the Three lions is going to return the infamous Millwall sign that has been on display in the pub for 20+ to this guy as recognition from not only his pub but also Bristol City, that this guys bravery deserves respect from everyone, no matter what team we support 

FB_IMG_1496773795392.jpg

FB_IMG_1496818380320.jpg

Mentioned in the evening post 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-fans-return-trophy-96873

Archived