IGNORED

Millwall fan and the team sign (Merged)

SedRA

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I'm a bit disappointed by the Millwall forum response. If the situation was  reversed I'm sure OTIB would recognise the spirit in which the offer was made. 

Purely down to Milwall looking weak that we took something of theirs in a rumble. So Immature.

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hate to say it but can see this backfiring and the Three Lions being the focus for their next visit 

Yep, I was thinking the same. Great gesture but they could well see it as some form of challenge now that they're back in the big boys' division....

Bet the various police forces are well chuffed that Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff and Millwall are in the same div....!

Prefer to applaud the guy for extreme bravery...love how millwall fans bought him a learn how to run book..

handing back a plaque gathered at an event most of us never witnessed is fun but maybe a cheap plug.

fair play to all involved but millwall not impressed and feels unnecessary 

Ignore some forum posts, quite honestly the Millwall you see on the internet is nothing like the local Millwall.

I know I've posted on here before about this and I'm typing this right now from the Five Bells, one of the pubs near the Den that they all go, but I've been amazed in three years around here what a class lot they are. Self depreciating, respect for City and in my local just up the road will look out for our results and ask after us. 

Those I spoke to had seen the gesture by Three Lions and appreciated the respect. I get bus yards from where London Bridge terrorists were shot, direct to outside the Five Bells. This bloke who fought back has legendary status and class act to acknowledge it.

Posted this on another thread but I work on the street in which the incident happened last weekend. On the way home yesterday I walked past the fantastic tribute and flowers and messages which has been left at the foot of the bridge. I was amazed to see that this was one of only two flags hanging at the memorial:D4233600-BD02-43EA-BC93-D0A8F80848AA-3620-000002B920719119.thumb.jpeg.c7b5ba8df69144323d07380a64e6a01d.jpeg

Archived