IGNORED

Tammy vs Gustav

Negan

47 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Lets see how gustav manages against Englands future defence...

He'll probably get a hatrick!

After watching the recent clips of him playing in the Stockholm derby, I think City should not stop receiving criticism for signing him.  He definitely looks a prospect albeit not easy to judge the standard of the teams in Sweden.

If he comes back to us during the summer, I hope the club concentrate on getting him more settled in Bristol.  When Kodjia was the only French player at the club, I'm certain we signed Paul Garita to give him some off the pitch support.  If I was running the playing side of things, I would speak to Engvall about prospects in the Swedish league - especially players he knows and who could do a job for us (right back?!)

History shows that teams with players who form a strong unit are the more likely to fight for the club.  Look at our Scottish contingent in the 70s/80s.  There would be no harm in having a couple of Swedish players in our squad.

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The highlight of the summer. Fingers crossed Engval proves he is the player LJ thinks he is. 

I would think that he should be able to come back and hit the ground running. These days preseason training is much more focused on individual needs, so I would expect a programme of strengthening work rather than stamina training. 

52 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I would think that he should be able to come back and hit the ground running. These days preseason training is much more focused on individual needs, so I would expect a programme of strengthening work rather than stamina training. 

This situation could prove very interesting if Gustav is already match sharp when we kick off the season .

We could notch some early victories thanks to his goals against teams not quite up to speed.

Go Goalstav ! 

1 hour ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Well if he can impress against England and at the euros in general I don't see why he can't do it ar championship level given the chance. We could very well have Tammys replacement on the books... 

If he really impresses, having spent as much as we have, we could make a decent profit without him playing in the League for us. If he's struggled to settle, I don't see us turning down many bids which meet or exceed what we paid in the hope he settles next year. Think we'd be more likely to cut our losses (if any) personally. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is Garita still with the club, if so does he have a future here?

I presume his loan at Plymouth has officially ended but maybe they'll want him again next season.  I could see us selling him for a small profit this summer.

He looked pretty popular with the Home Park faithful when he was fit enough to play.  But two goals in total last season....eight of their players scored more goals than him.

From the games in Sweden I like the look of Gustav , technically he looks decent plus he is a good finisher and very calm in front of goal , he just needs a run of games in the championship.

If we don't give Engvil an opportunity to show what he can do then I fear he could be the one that got away.

4 hours ago, j1974 said:

From the games in Sweden I like the look of Gustav , technically he looks decent plus he is a good finisher and very calm in front of goal , he just needs a run of games in the championship.

If we don't give Engvil an opportunity to show what he can do then I fear he could be the one that got away.

I`ve thought this for a while now. I can see us letting him go and him popping up with the winner in a Europa League game for someone like Lyon or Valencia in a couple of years.

His finishing is very good as he doesn't thrash at the ball he places the ball where he wants it which is a sign that Engvil has quality, Hopefully he will come back from Sweden full of confidence and hit next season running if Johnson gives him a chance.

Archived