IGNORED

Your most detested City player

Major Isewater

I know we want to support any player who signs for our beloved club but has there been a player that got you seething whenever you saw him sullying the red shirt ? 

Take a bow Stern John ,bought in to add goals and experience to the side but I don't think he ever needed to wash his shirt after a game as he never sweated in it . Always looked thoroughly disinterested when ' playing ' for us .

grrrrrrrrr . :grr:

OK lads and lasses get it out of your system , let's compile the  City hall of shame .

Sean Dyche; came with a big fanfare after his F A Cup exploits with Chesterfield, was made Captain and was utter 5hite.

I can still see him pointing and blaming other players and taking no responsibility himself after yet another goal is conceded.

He's gone on to and gained a reputation for being a good manager but still makes my blood boil when we've come up against him since. The ginger whinger.

Just now, Swede said:

Sean Dyche; came with a big fanfare after his F A Cup exploits with Chesterfield, was made Captain and was utter 5hite.

I can still see him pointing and blaming other players and taking no responsibility himself after yet another goal is conceded.

He's gone on to and gained a reputation for being a good manager but still makes my blood boil when we've come up against him since. The ginger whinger.

Seem to remember he was mostly poor at home, away games he was more assured.

Probably says a lot about the city supporters of the time needing someone to boo.

I detest the calamity himself, David James.

Such a shite goalie. 

The O.G vs Watford summed him up. He gave away so many goals. Reading was another one. 2-0 up then he practically gifts them goals for us to lose 2-3.

Soaked up a high wage then went bankrupt, wtf?!

Such a has been when he came to us and no fight or care.

&

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14982512

32 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Terrible thread Major, and I could never hate any chap who has pulled on the famous shirt.  

18 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I mean players have been bad but I cant remember hating a City player. 

Exactly!

Disappointed by, frustrated by - yes.

Detested - absolutely not.

34 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Keith Curle. Couldn't stick the bloke

Sorry Harvey but I must defend our Keith.  He was a transformation when made a full back. However, whilst bought as a winger he wasn't exactly Clive Whitehead.

The reason for my post though goes back to the Crab Apple in Clevedon mid 80's.  I had just returned from another long away match on Coach 2 and somehow had ended up at the Crab ( not Coach 2 's fault!). Who should be playing the fruit machine but young Keith in his track suit.

He was a lovely bloke to have a chat with. I congratulated him on his goal against the Rovers.  He then explained that the ball had flown into the net off his shin guard!

To score against the Rovers especially with the shinguard instead if your boot/head and the fact he also played for them, prior to coming to us, deserves praise!

I'm off to check up the above facts just in case my memory has given me fake news!

Just now, Selred said:

Lee Johnson :whistle:

In reality it will be either Kilkenny or Morris. 

No, it is Lee Johnson.

He might be saved from this fate when we beat Ajax in the Champions League final, on penalties, in 2021.

tfj

Going back, Bobby Kellard was a fans favourite. Then he asked for a move to get closer to his family's home at Portsmouth...............and moved to Leicester. Similarly Gary Collier walked out on City and negotiated his own transfer to Coventry. Jason Roberts walked out without a word to play in a tournament in the Caribbean. Looking right back in time, Billy Wedlock walked out and refused to sign a new contract unless City also signed his friend as well. The friend was such a bad player his one appearance for City was in a friendly.

While hate is a bit strong can remember me & Dad detesting Ray Atteveld back in early nighties.

If memory serves he came from Everton with a good reputation & proceeded to play crap, score own goals and get sent off.

Think the feeling was not exclusive to me, a quote apparently out of the City camp at the time, was that when Ray left they held his farewell party in a Phone Box!

Archived