IGNORED

Your most detested City player

Major Isewater

This thread sums up a recurring City problem. Most of the players named came to City with a good reputation but, within hardly any time, they turned into players who would struggle to get into a non league team. How can City manage to do this so often?

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Sean Dyche; came with a big fanfare after his F A Cup exploits with Chesterfield, was made Captain and was utter 5hite.

I can still see him pointing and blaming other players and taking no responsibility himself after yet another goal is conceded.

He's gone on to and gained a reputation for being a good manager but still makes my blood boil when we've come up against him since. The ginger whinger.

Seem to remember he was good when he first came. Got a bad injury and was then forced to play with said injury when not fit in Proper Bristol city fashion..

Guy got a bad rep for really poor management at the time

38 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

While hate is a bit strong can remember me & Dad detesting Ray Atteveld back in early nighties.

If memory serves he came from Everton with a good reputation & proceeded to play crap, score own goals and get sent off.

Think the feeling was not exclusive to me, a quote apparently out of the City camp at the time, was that when Ray left they held his farewell party in a Phone Box!

Aye that was John Bailey with the phone box comment.

He was bombed out after attacking a youth team player.. but in reality was set up by Osman who made the youth team player kick him all over the pitch in training hoping for a reaction.

How do I know this? I was friends with said youth team player at the time 

I have really disliked several right backs - Gerard Lavin / Jamie Smith because they were both animals with zero footballing ability + Nicky Hunt / Richard Foster for being so absolutely hopeless.

Remember Smith getting sent off up at Chesterfield (I think) for a horrific tackle, clearly going out just to hurt someone...then our fans clapped him off! I was livid!

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Terrible thread Major, and I could never hate any chap who has pulled on the famous shirt.  

To be clearer for you, I didn't say hate , I said ' detest ' as in ' can't stand ' .

There are players who make you cringe whenever you see them disrespecting the club whilst wearing the shirt. Most of us supporters would run through walls to have had the opportunity to play even just once for the club and yet we witness some blokes going through the motions whilst sucking the life out of the club with their huge wages and negative attitude.

This makes my blood boil .

It probably is a ' terrible thread ' but there ain't a lot else going on and at least I'm trying to keep OTIB ticking over . Your last thread was tops by the way.

2 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Keith Curle. Couldn't stick the bloke

REALLY?  Perfectly decent guy and a good player, put up with a lot of racism as well.

Me?  I don't "hate" anyone who pulls on our shirt (or the opposition's, for that matter).  Apart from Scott McGarvey, who IIRC bottled it when in a one-on-one vs the Gas and jumped over a challenge rather than try for goal and risk injury.  

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I detest the calamity himself, David James.

Such a shite goalie. 

The O.G vs Watford summed him up. He gave away so many goals. Reading was another one. 2-0 up then he practically gifts them goals for us to lose 2-3.

Soaked up a high wage then went bankrupt, wtf?!

Such a has been when he came to us and no fight or care.

&

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14982512

I had just stopped having recurring nightmares about this. Thanks for nothing.

Liam Rosenior grates on me.

I think it was the arrogance of him in the LDV final when he scored and the way he strung us along with his contract afterwards.

Admittedly it was City's fault for not getting the contract to him a day earlier, but he jumped as quickly as he could.

Maybe I'm tarnishing him because of my dwindling opinion of his Dad.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I know we want to support any player who signs for our beloved club but has there been a player that got you seething whenever you saw him sullying the red shirt ? 

Take a bow Stern John ,bought in to add goals and experience to the side but I don't think he ever needed to wash his shirt after a game as he never sweated in it . Always looked thoroughly disinterested when ' playing ' for us .

grrrrrrrrr . :grr:

OK lads and lasses get it out of your system , let's compile the  City hall of shame .

Scott mcgarvey

Archived