IGNORED

Your most detested City player

Major Isewater

36 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I can't remember the injury on his debut, my brain is addled!

13 goals in 70 apps tells its own story. Hey ho.

My brain was addled too that day, drinking on the minibus all the way up to Grimsby might've not helped mind. I thought Torps was a top bloke as it goes, always tried, unlike some of wastes of space listed above. 

Just now, CyderInACan said:

Dunno what happened there. 

Anyway. What I meant to say was that he was quite often to be found drinking in the Rummer during his tenure here. He showed glimpses of form but all too often was rubbish. Same on the pitch too. 

7 hours ago, Nbafc said:

While hate is a bit strong can remember me & Dad detesting Ray Atteveld back in early nighties.

If memory serves he came from Everton with a good reputation & proceeded to play crap, score own goals and get sent off.

Think the feeling was not exclusive to me, a quote apparently out of the City camp at the time, was that when Ray left they held his farewell party in a Phone Box!

Who was it he beat up?

7 hours ago, Big C said:

Gary Emmanuel

Can`t believe it got as far as post #42! An absolute knob and a dreadful footballer.

I can still remember the entire away contingent at Bournemouth singing `Gary Emmanuel is a horse`s ass` as one and I`ve never heard that about a player before or since.

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

McIndoe

*mike drop*

Loving the mike drop... :clap:

Hate is too strong for me but can't believe we are on page 2 and no mention of Fonts.

Jeez, my stomach would crumble when the ball went near him. He was fine for a few years but in his latter time with us, he was utter crap.

Honourable mentions to:

• Lee Johnson and nepotism
  • Nicky Maynard for insulting Bristol
  • Adam Matthews for being useless
  • Michael McIndoe for being dodgy
  • Darren Byfield for being crap

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Can`t believe it got as far as post #42! An absolute knob and a dreadful footballer.

I can still remember the entire away contingent at Bournemouth singing `Gary Emmanuel is a horse`s ass` as one and I`ve never heard that about a player before or since.

Didn't he only play about 3 games before he buggered off because of the abuse he received? I can vaguely remember a home game when it was nonstop. I remember him being Crap and being ex gas didn't. Sure he left in a strop.

Just googled Emmanuel and he left Rovers in a part-exchange for one Brian Williams, there's also a photo of him with TC in a gas shirt. Pretty sure Williams got sent off on his debut and may have played in the same team as Emmanuel, quite ironic if so.

I really, really disliked, possibly the best striker seen at this club since Atyeo. 

Step forward mr Andrew Cole. 

The way he thought he was berty big balls, and was far too good for the club, and for a long time, never gave the club any credit for launching his career. 

5 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Ha, the pointing bit made me laugh.

I personally feel he was one of the best passers of the ball we've had in a long time but in the wrong system. I genuinely believe under a different manager he could've been successful. His performances at Leeds before us and Preston after do not lie. Shame it didn't work out.

I honestly think this is the reason I detest him so much. The "different system" is a line trotted out many times but I just don't buy it- I expected a lot more from him. He had the arrogant swagger of a player who could control a game.... But I never saw him do it. We are continually told he is a great passer of the ball.... But I never saw it. When it came down to it he pointed a lot and continually blamed others around him.

It's probably unfair as there have been worse players at city and there have been players that didn't put in a full shift for city.....  But none of them bothered me as much as Neil Kilkenny.

2 hours ago, bris red said:

Jody Morris, what a useless useless****.

I don't think Jody Morris counts as he didn't really play for City. He may have been on the pitch for a match or two, but he definitely didn't play 

1 hour ago, Spoonbed said:

I really, really disliked, possibly the best striker seen at this club since Atyeo. 

Step forward mr Andrew Cole. 

The way he thought he was berty big balls, and was far too good for the club, and for a long time, never gave the club any credit for launching his career. 

Remember him saying words to the effect that every goal I score is a reminder to George Graham of who I am. Not really what you want your centre forward to be saying. Compare that to Tammy's attitude where he genuinely seemed to give everything even tho only a loan player. 

7 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I may have got it wrong then but I'm sure I booed Wussell for something.

I'm beginning to sound like Thatch :laugh:

one more vote for Osman here. 

Boneyard (not sure if this has been clarified yet, I couldn't be bothered wading through the whole thread), Osman was booed when he scored a goal the same game Jacki bade farewell to us (Southend Utd I'm sure). So yes, while we make regular work of booing and terrorizing our managers, I can't think of another time a City player that's just scored has been blasted by the fans. And rightly so, 25 years on and i'm still no closer to forgiving that utter clown. Amazing to think we went from having a frontline of Jacki and Cole (not to mention Leroy!) to Robinson and Baird. although I struggle to recall Osman being a bad player, his influence was so malignant that I think no other player who has pulled on the red comes even close to out-gunning him. 

43 minutes ago, Judda said:

Who was that over paid, over rated, over sun tanned git of a striker Pulis signed?

Didn't like him much.

Steve Jones. Not much of a player, but he's still got a tan (or perhaps he's rubbed Bisto on his face)

image.png

Osman aside - he belongs in a league of his own - Ian Baird was widely hated: i think i'm right in saying his last game saw him give the atyeo the finger? Then Brian Mitchell. Incompetence on a massive scale, though got to say, i couldn't help but feel sorry for him during the 5-1 tonking we took at Brentford. At one stage it felt like every single one of us there was singing for Mitchell, **** off home. Massive following and being so close to the pitch an all, his confidence must have been shot after that. Of course, I joined in with everyone else at the time. 

Archived