IGNORED

Well done Hordur

BSRED

Defender in latest international squad.

Hordur Magnusson has been called up by Iceland for their crucial FIFA World Cup qualifier with Croatia this Sunday.

The City defender could add to his nine international caps in the Group I showdown in Reykjavik.

Croatia currently top the group unbeaten on 13 points, with Iceland in second on ten points, having played the same number of games.

Only the top team in the group will guarantee their place at next summer’s FIFA World Cup in Russia, with the runner-up facing a play-off.

Magnusson, 24, joined City from Juventus in the summer of 2016 and made 29 appearances in his debut season, scoring once.

In March his stunning free kick for Iceland went viral as he netted the only goal of the game against Republic of Ireland in Dublin.

7 minutes ago, BSRED said:

Defender in latest international squad.

Hordur Magnusson has been called up by Iceland for their crucial FIFA World Cup qualifier with Croatia this Sunday.

The City defender could add to his nine international caps in the Group I showdown in Reykjavik.

Croatia currently top the group unbeaten on 13 points, with Iceland in second on ten points, having played the same number of games.

Only the top team in the group will guarantee their place at next summer’s FIFA World Cup in Russia, with the runner-up facing a play-off.

Magnusson, 24, joined City from Juventus in the summer of 2016 and made 29 appearances in his debut season, scoring once.

In March his stunning free kick for Iceland went viral as he netted the only goal of the game against Republic of Ireland in Dublin.

got high hopes for him next season

9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

That many? I'm shocked. Obviously the only ball in the tombola some weeks....

Did he not also get an injury that kept him out for a couple of weeks?

And then he was in competition with a more experienced championship centre back for a spot, which given our relegation fears at the time it probably made sense to go with the experience rather than having a young player exposed to the additional hostility.

Plus, LJ said that people who do that clap thing when Maggs does a throw in annoy him and that they are all wooly-woofters.

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

If an average defender in the style of Wright keeping him out of the team there ain't much hope apart from the exit sign,sadly..

Yea because lee is known for keeping the same side isn't he.......ffs

I've no idea why a lot of fans are getting so wound up about the Magnusson situation, he played every game up until Bailey Wright came in 

and did very well. He is still only 24 for a fairly young lad to come to a new team and a new country and bed in so quickly was great. 

Bailey Wright for the large part played very well, along side Flint in a defensive partnership that was suited more for the relegation fight than maybe 

that of Mags who is better on the ball. As first season's at a new club in a new country go I think he had an excellent season.

I'm certain he's in LJ's plans, I expect to see a lot of him this coming season. If Flint does move on, a partnership of Mags and Wright could well be formed. 

8 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I've no idea why a lot of fans are getting so wound up about the Magnusson situation, he played every game up until Bailey Wright came in 

and did very well. He is still only 24 for a fairly young lad to come to a new team and a new country and bed in so quickly was great. 

Bailey Wright for the large part played very well, along side Flint in a defensive partnership that was suited more for the relegation fight than maybe 

that of Mags who is better on the ball. As first season's at a new club in a new country go I think he had an excellent season.

I'm certain he's in LJ's plans, I expect to see a lot of him this coming season. If Flint does move on, a partnership of Mags and Wright could well be formed. 

It's just another reason to have a go at the manager because our best social media darling defender was kept out of the squad by another player. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

It's just another reason to have a go at the manager because our best social media darling defender was kept out of the squad by another player. 

Quite right, it's football it happens. Back for pre season its a clean slate its up to each individual player to nail down a place in the starting eleven. 

23 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Quite right, it's football it happens. Back for pre season its a clean slate its up to each individual player to nail down a place in the starting eleven. 

Exactly, it's a squad game. Can't help but feel if Hordur wasn't such a loveable little cherub then no one would have noticed he'd been replaced! 

3 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

He is not and that's a fact. I cannot believe how stubborn some fans are.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Wipe the sleep from your eyes..

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Take the ribbons from your hair. 

Aha Major. You're playing that game where you take a classic lyric and add it to another from a completely different song. The new opus would make people think it's a long lost verse etc! So, here's my third line.....

Wipe the sleep from your eyes,

Take the ribbons from your hair.

I decided eventually
This ain't doing a thing for me

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe look at Benni's posting history and use yer noggin

Hordur is just one of many who has been mismanaged by LJ and wants out IN MY OPINION.

I don't know who is in the ITK club and who isn't so if that's a genuine case of knowing inside info then fair enough. 

Archived