IGNORED

Season Card sales

Robbored

3 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I thought I would be tempted after having one for 10 years but I am quite looking forward to having a year off.Fair play for anyone getting one but I've had enough of shopping in aldi when we have enough to shop in waitrose

I can understand people not renewing through economy or moving geographical location.

9 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

So how's that exodus going. You know, whilst LJ is still in charge. :thumbsup:

Have to say it's tickled me since people started with the whole protest and 'stay away' culture.

I posted at the time that all the boycotting talk was all "hot air and bluster". Most of those  blokes are true City fans like me and not renewing was the only way they thought they could get back at SL for not sacking LJ and because they're like me I kinda knew they simply couldn't do it.

Pleasantly surprised by this . Imagine what the sells could be . If we were doing well. Scraped relegation. Worst run in our history. Lot of shit thrown at LJ SL and the club. I certainly had a moan . And the sells are up 3% compared to last season at this time. We might not beat last season. But fair play to the fans. Let's hope fans that are still undecided renew . But there prerogative if they don't.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Have to say it's tickled me since people started with the whole protest and 'stay away' culture.

Largely, the people I know who have boycotted are pay-on-the-dayers. They boycotted individual games last season. They've not been persuaded to buy a season ticket nor are planning to go to any/as many pay-on-the-day games as last season, so I wouldn't assume the 'stay away' culture hasn't manifested itself. And, with an increase in prices, I'd suggest more or less everyone who wants a season ticket has now got one. There was plenty of early bird time, with ample info about the increases in price, then a second phase which was equally well publicised,whicht heralded further purchases, now we're into the very tail end of sales.

Summer 2016, at this juncture, yielded about 1,700 final chance buyers, by my calculations. I wouldn't be surprised to see that, whilst sales are up 3% at the mo' (that only equates to about 400 people, mind), eventually we'll be a bit down on last year's 13,800.

I'm presuming that was the figure in August, I don't suppose many people bought a season ticket once we were underway, maybe a few. I'd be surprised if we topped last year's numbers (I'm talking in August, before a ball is kicked) but I guess it's possible. Some good quality signings might do it. As Red Army said, it's still a good total.  

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I reckon it was more about us staying in the championship than who is the manager, surely people aren't that petty?

6 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Largely, the people I know who have boycotted are pay-on-the-dayers. They boycotted individual games last season. They've not been persuaded to buy a season ticket nor are planning to go to any/as many pay-on-the-day games as last season, so I wouldn't assume the 'stay away' culture hasn't manifested itself. And, with an increase in prices, I'd suggest more or less everyone who wants a season ticket has now got one. There was plenty of early bird time, with ample info about the increases in price, then a second phase which was equally well publicised,whicht heralded further purchases, now we're into the very tail end of sales.

Summer 2016, at this juncture, yielded about 1,700 final chance buyers, by my calculations. I wouldn't be surprised to see that, whilst sales are up 3% at the mo' (that only equates to about 400 people, mind), eventually we'll be a bit down on last year's 13,800.

I'm presuming that was the figure in August, I don't suppose many people bought a season ticket once we were underway, maybe a few. I'd be surprised if we topped last year's numbers (I'm talking in August, before a ball is kicked) but I guess it's possible. Some good quality signings might do it. As Red Army said, it's still a good total.  

I think transfer activity will have a bearing, a few interesting additions and a few more might be tempted.

2 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I thought I would be tempted after having one for 10 years but I am quite looking forward to having a year off.Fair play for anyone getting one but I've had enough of shopping in aldi when we have enough to shop in waitrose

Nothing wrong with Aldi. Same stuff, different packaging, very different price. 

38 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think transfer activity will have a bearing, a few interesting additions and a few more might be tempted.

Don't think Tomlin's signing added many on, if, by this stage we already had 12,000 of 13,700 in June. The consensus is we won't buy that many this summer - four maybe - with Johnson talking about getting squad size down. For me, none are likely to be 'marquee' or big name signings - I'd predict another loan striker, plus some already Champ players from the likes of Barnsley and a L1 starlet. None of whom will push even one person to shell out £300+

26 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Some of it's even the same packaging: Marmite, ostensibly cheaper than in other retail outlets. I was literally elbowing people out of the way when that Brexit panic was on, over Marmite prices going up. Don't know what to do with me 20 jars of the stuff now. How long does yeast last?

3 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Some of it's even the same packaging: Marmite, ostensibly cheaper than in other retail outlets. I was literally elbowing people out of the way when that Brexit panic was on, over Marmite prices going up. Don't know what to do with me 20 jars of the stuff now. How long does yeast last?

My Jars (don't know why but I always seem to have 2 in the cupboard at any one time) always last until the last bit has gone and that is always past the best before end date usually by 2 years.

Just now, EnclosureSurge said:

Without wishing to tangentially take this away from season card sales, have you ever tried Marmite on toast...under your favourite marmalade? Proper job! Or under lemon curd, oh yes!

Marmite, cheese ,cucumber and salad cream.....sandwich of the gods.

3 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Without wishing to tangentially take this away from season card sales, have you ever tried Marmite on toast...under your favourite marmalade? Proper job! Or under lemon curd, oh yes!

:blink:

Well you've convinced me to stay away from Aldi in case I bump into some sort of psychopath who mixes marmite and marmalade.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

A lot of it is not the same stuff.but my point being I am fed up of ass licking other teams for there reserves when by now we should be on a level with these teams

4 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Fair play, see you on here in a YEARS time then !

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I stayed away from a few games because I wasn't enjoying it and it felt more of a chore,

i 

Exactly my stance Monkeh. I did not go to the Norwich game because I found that I really was not looking forward to a match that would likely have the same tepid, turgid performance to those that had gone before.

I also wanted the club to see the empty seats and even if anyone was cute enough, check those who did not turn up that evening. This was not for me to feel important as an individual but for the club to know that if people like me were not there, then they had some very dissatisfied "customers".

If an ST card is scanned on the way in, it should be easy to see how many and who did not attend that particular game. There will always be a proportion of ST's that don't attend but wth the computer data available to them now, then conclusions could be drawn that all the absentees were not ill or away on business and maybe had a real or perceived grievance about the performances.

I also did not renew my ST during the first period but did so about a week later. I had made my silent protest but above all I've been a City fan since 1950 so to even consider not going while I'm still physically and financially capable was not a realistic option. 

PS. Drama Queen I was not. A life long fan just bloody fed up about the crap we were being subjected to! 

Problem with trying to stay away is ultimately you love the club - this is why 50 year old men will sing hero worship songs to a player half their age and twice as rich.  It is pure undying love. You get angry with it but can't stay away ultimately.

Its the same love for your wife. You get pissy with her and think - stuff the moany fat bitch - she can do one, but after an hour you are missing your banter and you cave cos you realise you can't do without. 

Bottom line is she is your moany fat bitch and city is your club - end of really !!

Archived