IGNORED

Bath City Away

RedM

4 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

I did work experience at Bath City with the foundation. A certain Marley Watkins used to work with them and it was a lot of fun. I want to the friendly last year and I hope to go this year aswell.

Marley Watkins, what could've been?

On 6/8/2017 at 14:03, In the Net said:

Other side of the coin is that it will be a big game for Bath City, a chance to get some much needed money in the coffers before the season starts.

The beef burgers from the catering hut in front of the Grandstand are worth the trip alone! 

yes I agree a fine away burger !!

On 9 June 2017 at 08:27, poland_exile said:

it's a great ground mind. went to watch Bath City last season once and it was so nice to be able to appreciate the ground as a neutral, rather than visiting in the 90s for the derby. still some gas grafiti mind lurking about there. 

Playing Chippenham next season aswell

On 2017-6-9 at 08:27, poland_exile said:

it's a great ground mind. went to watch Bath City last season once and it was so nice to be able to appreciate the ground as a neutral, rather than visiting in the 90s for the derby. still some gas grafiti mind lurking about there. 

I live in Bath, and if that's your idea of a good ground ,you must have very low expectations.  Even if promoted this coming season they will not be allowed up due to the state of a ground. The only toilets in England to rival Swindons...the place is a dump sadly.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I live in Bath, and if that's your idea of a good ground ,you must have very low expectations.  Even if promoted this coming season they will not be allowed up due to the state of a ground. The only toilets in England to rival Swindons...the place is a dump sadly.

yep, to me it's one of the finest grounds there is - for me, a ground is to be judged on its character, quirks, peculiarities and eccentricities. Trumpton has those in abundance (though sadly, the wooden shed appears to have disappeared since our trips there in the 90s!). I don't care for comfort, sightlines and jumbotrons, I prefer football to be served in surroundings that are raw and real - and that's what you get at Bath. Give me that over flatpack B&Q stadiums any day. Against Modern Football! 

Bath City fan here, we're looking forward to the game and pre season starting. It will be good to see a few players from last year in particular Max O'Leary who was fantastic for us. I'm pleased to report contrary to the last post Twerton Park is up to standard if we are to get promoted and a brand new main stand is in the works.

57 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

yep, to me it's one of the finest grounds there is - for me, a ground is to be judged on its character, quirks, peculiarities and eccentricities. Trumpton has those in abundance (though sadly, the wooden shed appears to have disappeared since our trips there in the 90s!). I don't care for comfort, sightlines and jumbotrons, I prefer football to be served in surroundings that are raw and real - and that's what you get at Bath. Give me that over flatpack B&Q stadiums any day. Against Modern Football! 

Each to their own sir.:thumbsup:

Archived