IGNORED

Your best loved City player

Major Isewater

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Way too many

Super Bob, Jacki, Biff, Scotty, Walshy, Shuan Taylor, the left back trilogy, Glen Humphries, Glyn Riley, Stevie Neville, Bobby Hutch.....

The one who I didn't really appreciate at the time, but the second he left I realised what he gave us - Gary Shelton

Don't make me choose. All a massive part of my childhood / early adulthood - all gave me the best memories. City don't have piss me off at times, but no other club could have given me all these, and 100s of others who I've not mentioned

Stevie Neville and Glyn Riley for me as well - used to get birthday cards from them when I was in the Junior Reds.  Great memories.

1 hour ago, Die Hard Red said:

John Galley for me, idolised him from when I first stated watching City. 

John Galley gets my vote also. I believe i am correct in saying that when we bought him he had his leg in plaster. True boyhood hero of mine.

Close call between Gerry Gow and Paul Cheesley for me.

As I've got older I don't see players in the same way I did as a youngster.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Way too many

Super Bob, Jacki, Biff, Scotty, Walshy, Shuan Taylor, the left back trilogy, Glen Humphries, Glyn Riley, Stevie Neville, Bobby Hutch.....

The one who I didn't really appreciate at the time, but the second he left I realised what he gave us - Gary Shelton

Don't make me choose. All a massive part of my childhood / early adulthood - all gave me the best memories. City don't have piss me off at times, but no other club could have given me all these, and 100s of others who I've not mentioned

Yep, mine has to be from the same era, and far too difficult to single one out. But Bob Taylor, Gary Shelton, Glyn Riley, Dave Smith, and obviously Walshy would have to be my top five!

But closely followed by Joe Jordon, Tinnion, Jacki, Rennie, and Neville.

Totally agree with Woodsy, the questions too hard!!

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Shame he didn't have the full commitment needed else he'd have ended up in the Premier League.

Not sure his commitment can be judged? 

Everytime he went on the pitch he was easily our most commited player!

Just because he enjoyed one to many pints of Guinness doesn't mean he wasn't commited. 

30 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Just because he enjoyed one to many pints of Guinness doesn't mean he wasn't commited. 

Committment to the life of a professional athlete.

Committment to make the best of his abilities.

Mind you, not many of his team-mates did either.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Hot on the heels of my last thread , how about your favourite City player ?

The lad  for whom you have, or had, a real affinity with. 

We will have have lots of votes for the Warrior ,Gerry Gow ,evidently but what about the others ? A player who helped out a charity of yours or carried your mum's shopping for instance .

For me it was Bob Taylor . Yes arise Sir Bob . We always had a chance of getting something out of a game when he played .

I met him before a game away at Notts County and he was free with his time, chatted about stuff and signed my programme ( still got it ) Top bloke. 

Norman Hunter ,

With Gerry Gow a very close second .

44 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Um, yes it does.  Commitment works on and off the pitch.  His off field commitment was dire.

As a kid John Galley. Then.................

One day my kids were coming home from school ( Caldicot Comp ) when they told me somewhat excitedly they had just seen Matty Hill running around the school playing field . Didn;t believe them for a minute , until about a week later I saw him out running. .turns out Matt had purchased a house at the bottom of our road in Caldicot. A genuinely decent bloke.

After one City game , my good mate Vespa Red bumped into him on the saturday evening in the local shop. Matt stopped him and asked him how he thought he had played !

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Um, yes it does.  Commitment works on and off the pitch.  His off field commitment was dire.

Would have to disagree. I only care about on the pitch! His performances were far better than his team mates and often he was captain. He led the team by his performance. 

Archived