IGNORED

Your best loved City player

Major Isewater

6 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Brian Tinnion, for 12 years it was a privilege to watch his exquisite passes, the way he linked up with Martin Scott, Darren Barbara and Mickey Bell own the left, described by Shaun Goater as left sided magic! That goal goal at Anfield helped too!

I agree with this 100%... for several seasons Tinnion was our quarterback.... those diagonal balls for Scotty to run on too... BT made it look easy and (in my memory) assisted pretty much every SM goal in Scotty's super season.

23 minutes ago, RedDave said:

His era wasn't a big drinking one in the game.  It didn't help that he didn't love the game. 

Dont know what social media has to do with professionalism 

Are you having a laugh regarding his era wasn't a big drinking culture??!!

Not sure if you're taking the mick or not! 

1 hour ago, DCT10 said:

I agree with this 100%... for several seasons Tinnion was our quarterback.... those diagonal balls for Scotty to run on too... BT made it look easy and (in my memory) assisted pretty much every SM goal in Scotty's super season.

Wasn't just those famous diagonal passes, he had such a brilliant appreciation of angles he would pick out passes others wouldn't see.

His understanding with Bell was telepathic too!

Whether it's because you are all so young and I'm just a bloody old man, but I can't believe that nobody has mentioned our greatest player in my time of following City...................

His record speaks for itself.

Our greatest goalscorer.

An unbelievable international goal-scoring record.

Never booked or sent off.

And a bloody nice bloke as well.

........big John.

:yes:

Scotty Murray and Alan Walsh. 

I also have very fond memories of JET.

I can't really remember much of him when he played for us, but best loved manager for me has to be Terry Cooper. His emotional interview after Wembley in 1986 still brings a tear to my eye.

35 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Whether it's because you are all so young and I'm just a bloody old man, but I can't believe that nobody has mentioned our greatest player in my time of following City...................

His record speaks for itself.

Our greatest goalscorer.

An unbelievable international goal-scoring record.

Never booked or sent off.

And a bloody nice bloke as well.

........big John.

:yes:

Before my time but met him after the playoff defeat to Walsall, his car was parked in front of ours. He'd seen me disappointed and said "don't worry son your time will come" My late grandad gave him a wink and a smile. Big John was his hero. From the stories and old video footage he was some player. I wish I could have had the chance to see him play.

7 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Brian Tinnion for me. What he could do with his left foot was majestic. As for his right foot, well....

Not a lot as Paul Daniels once said. Great player, great vision and as above great left foot. If he would of had pace he'd of been a premiership player, same could of been said of Walshy. Both great players.

Jacki first, and the incredible Super Bob a close second.

Both players we should never have sold / released, though in a way the relative shortness of their spells has perhaps ultimately been to their benefit in the way that we remember them. Truly, it was a pleasure to have grown up with them as my heroes! 

Archived