IGNORED

Your dream pre season fixtures

Fordy62

So nothing, to my knowledge, has come out about who we'll be playing our pre season fixtures against. 

So I thought I'd invite you all to pick your dream fixtures. I'd like you to give the date, venue and opponents and why. I'll go first...

I'd pick the following:

Opponents: Royal Antwerp

Why? I'm a bit of a royalist and love the royal family and Belgium do good beers.

Where: Ashton Gate, where else?

Date: 1st August 2017, what better way to see in the month of August?

Your turn...

4 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Willem II, Man Utd, Man City all away the last two simply as they're local.

How bloody hard for us is it to arrange a friendly with Willem II. I mean its one the fans have been asking for season in season out. Even I would go to it!

30 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

How bloody hard for us is it to arrange a friendly with Willem II. I mean its one the fans have been asking for season in season out. Even I would go to it!

That is the reason it will never happen. Can't see City doing a pre-season game the fan want. Who do you think we are the 15ers

Partick Thistle away on any Friday evening in July before plunging into a mad Glasgow night out followed by Real Mallorca away the next Friday for a weekend in the South of Majorca....

Then, a fortnight later, a three way tournament with Bordeaux and Hannover to celebrate 2017 being the 70th anniversary of Bristol being 'twinned' with those two cities...

23 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

So nothing, to my knowledge, has come out about who we'll be playing our pre season fixtures against. 

So I thought I'd invite you all to pick your dream fixtures. I'd like you to give the date, venue and opponents and why. I'll go first...

I'd pick the following:

Opponents: Royal Antwerp

Why? I'm a bit of a royalist and love the royal family and Belgium do good beers.

Where: Ashton Gate, where else?

Date: 1st August 2017, what better way to see in the month of August?

Your turn...

Wait, you'd love us to play Royal Antwerp because of how good the Belgium beer is, but you want the fixture to be played in Bristol. 

You also would like the fixture on a Tuesday, only a number of days before we start the season. 

Bit strange! 

13 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Wait, you'd love us to play Royal Antwerp because of how good the Belgium beer is, but you want the fixture to be played in Bristol. 

You also would like the fixture on a Tuesday, only a number of days before we start the season. 

Bit strange! 

He's more than a bit strange.....

I really would like to see us playing against Bristol City. You are more than wellcome to have a friendly on our yearly Kingsday. That is a day where the new team is presented to the supporters after having played a friendly match. Great day with a very nice atmosphere and lots of families coming too.

Would love to see us go on tour somewhere and actually play some decent teams....

Italy (Sicily) - Palermo, Trapani (Just been relegated from Serie B) and Catania

Good training camp in the sun and a trip around the island for city fans

Or

A day tournament at AG First K/O at 12:00, next game at 15:00 and Final at 18:00 

Royal Antwerp, Willem II and Aberdeen/Rangers/Celtic. 

£20 for the day as an adult and get to watch 3 games and mix with 3 different sets of fans, kiosks would be raking in the ££££'s for an all day event.

Or

Just for @bristolcitysweden Away at Malmo, Djurgardens and Stockholm 

Id go just for the Swedish women :cool:

Archived