IGNORED

Your unsung hero

Bristol Rob

5 hours ago, downendcity said:

In a team where players like Cheesley, Gow, Richie, Hunter, Cormack et al attracted the headlines I always thought that Trevor Tainton was often overlooked and underrated.

A loyal, long serving player who played against the very best and never let the team down.

Well said, I have made the same point a number of times. One of the best midfielders we have had, no mean winger either and even right back.

Being alongside Gerry Gow took attention away from him but he often made things tick and was a fine passer.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nicky Morgan 100% - overshadowed by Bobby Taylor but was an excellent player in my opinion. Could control a ball with his throat! Awesome first touch...

Hear Hear! Nicky was class, one out of the old West Ham school.

1 minute ago, Offside said:

Rob Newman gave excellent service to the club and showed maturity beyond his years.

Mickey Bell - excellent left back for many seasons.

agreed!

And a second or third for Trevor Tainton. 

And Bradley Orr put in a shift or two.

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Joe burnell ? 

One of Mr. Wilson's lads..

First name on the team sheet almost. I'll be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan although I admit he did used to do a lot of the spade work.

I remember Danny saying on radio that Joe did a lot to break up attacks. :laugh: my young son at the time said "yeah but not ours surely"  made I laugh

'Hero' and footballers dont go together for me.  But these guys definately stand out and derserve recognition. 

Tinnion, Murray, and Albert for his love for City and the fans.

(I've only followed City since '98 so only want to pick out players I've seen - I'm sure the list is endless the further back you go).

Keith Welch was a marvelous servant to the club during a time when it wasn't all a bed of roses. Although I think everyone from the 90s appreciates that, he doesn't always get the attention others seem to get. Incidentally, is there an update on his health? 

Archived