IGNORED

Redevelopment of the Atyeo

Robbored

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Due to be integrated with the Dolman next summer apparently. 

Anyone know anything?

Dolls?

Just curious how this can happen as the entrance to the Dolman stand is that end of the stand?

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Due to be integrated with the Dolman next summer apparently. 

Anyone know anything?

Dolls?

In what sense? As in where have you read it's due to be integrated with the Dolman? 

The side where the big screen is needs to stay open on that side because of access needed should an ambulance/police horses etc need to get on the pitch. 

15 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Can't be too integrated as it will be full of away fans next year. If they built seats under the tv screen it will limit access to the ground for the groundsmen and also they would only end up netting them because of segragation.

It's only Millwall, what's the problem?

29 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

In what sense? As in where have you read it's due to be integrated with the Dolman? 

The side where the big screen is needs to stay open on that side because of access needed should an ambulance/police horses etc need to get on the pitch. 

Spoke to the father of one of the architects who said that the Atyeo will be integrated to the Dolman in that corner but not integrated with the Lansdown because of the media building.

The whole development will take place over next summer.

Access  points will obviously crucial to the plans as will the position of the screen.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Spoke to the father of one of the architects who said that the Atyeo will be integrated to the Dolman in that corner but not integrated with the Lansdown because of the media building.

Access  points will obviously crucial to the plans as will the position of the screen.

It may be part of a complete redevelopment of the Atyeo, be intrestinng too see what happens at the end of next season 

43 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I'm curious, how do bowls or fully enclosed stadia get around this issue?

The only 2 ways onto the pitch at old Trafford are via the 2 tunnels. One by the corner flag and one between the dugouts. Neither of which big enough to get and ambulance or horses through. The worst injury I can think of there was David Buust and he was taken off on a stretcher and down the tunnel. I'd imagine it's probably only amateur football where access is needed for an ambulance. 

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

I'm curious, how do bowls or fully enclosed stadia get around this issue?

They all have an area where you can get on the pitch, at Old Trafford as mentioned above the tunnel area can be lifted to get emergency vehicles onto the pitch area

We have a medical room just inside the tunnel, no real need for an ambulance to actually drive onto the pitch these days is it with all the portability of equipment?

Slightly different but Wembley has a totally enclosed service tunnel large enough for vehicles such as ambulances to drive through all around the stadium.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I'm not sure how this could happen in any meaningful way. The Dolman end of the Atyeo already extends beyond the end of the pitch, due to the pitch being moved towards the Lansdown Stand. If the seating was wrapped around to join the Dolman, there would be a restricted view and it would block the entrance to the Dolman. I can understand some work to tidy up that corner, as it's a bit of a mess, but as the Atyeo is going to be exclusively away fans, it seems sensible to leave it as a stand alone stand. Did the architect give any detail?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

They all have an area where you can get on the pitch, at Old Trafford as mentioned above the tunnel area can be lifted to get emergency vehicles onto the pitch area

Correct. A whole section of seating can be hydraulically lifted to allow horses/vehicles access.

Can only assume that if the Atyeo is being attached to the Dolman, it'll be a section integrating the tv on the outside, whilst still allowing space underneath for vehicles and horses.

Perhaps it'll be the Atyeo pub?

Only way i could see this happening is if the corner part of atyeo is demolished and rebuilt to sweep round the corner. 

The back corner of atyeo currently sits very far back so perhaps knock down the last two or three blocks of atyeo and rebuild. Seems a bit pointless really!

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

False news 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Only relaying what I was told last night from a seemingly convincing source.     :dunno:

Im very reluctant to call the source a liar. 

Even though the man now in charge of stadium stuff has just said what you've posted isn't true? :) 

Just now, Dollymarie said:

Even though the man now in charge of stadium stuff has just said what you've posted isn't true? :) 

See post 21 Dolls................

What would any employee of the club  say about what is likely to be a confidential matter?  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

See post 21 Dolls................

What would any employee of the club  say about what is likely to be a confidential matter?  :dunno:

The bit of the redevelopment you are on about may well happen at some point, but it's not the next thing likely to happen on the AG site area. So there are no timescales for what you say you have been told. 

19 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

As far as I know the atyeo stand has to stay as it is due to the houses behind. Unless Steve is buying all of them.  I might be wrong but nothing can be done. 

Acoding to he source, there's no problem with the houses on Ashton Rd. There's oom enough in what is the current car park and the new Atyeo will go up to the same height athe Dolman  - allegedly.........

Archived