IGNORED

Next season's first fixture

mrevans

Fixture list due out sometime in June and I wondered what fixture people fancy first?

My choice. Millwall home! A nice, quiet, gentle fixture! Or Leeds away, cos I've not been to Elland Road before.

4 hours ago, mrevans said:

Fixture list due out sometime in June and I wondered what fixture people fancy first?

My choice. Millwall home! A nice, quiet, gentle fixture! Or Leeds away, cos I've not been to Elland Road before.

Sunderland away for me. Never been there and gets rid of the longest trip first up. Failing that Boro away. May as well start the season with a win. 

I wouldn't be in any hurry to go to Leeds. What used to a wonderful stadium in the 70's is now a delapidated tip that provides the worst away day experience in all of the Championship. 

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I'm gena have a guess at Gillingham 

I remember playing them on the first day about 20 years ago. We lost. :(

I'm only home once a year so hope we are at home to somebody decent. I really lucked out with having Newcastle and Villa at home last year.

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Sunderland away for me. Never been there and gets rid of the longest trip first up. Failing that Boro away. May as well start the season with a win. 

I wouldn't be in any hurry to go to Leeds. What used to a wonderful stadium in the 70's is now a delapidated tip that provides the worst away day experience in all of the Championship. 

Leeds is an older style stadium loved by many on here. I personally loved the Tuesday night atmosphere last season, had decent grub,nice pint and even though we lost found it far better than several other grounds. 

7 hours ago, Super said:

When the balloon fiesta as we wont be home that day...........!

2nd weekend in August. 

Expect we'll be away but have known us to be home at the same time. In recent years though, FA have always agreed to make sure we are away.

The fixtures used to be arranged so that City were away for the fist game in even numbered years and home in odd numbered years. All clubs knew if they were home this year, they'd be away next. When did that system change and why?

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I really lucked out with having Newcastle and Villa at home last year.

You and me both i was at a family wedding in Greece and missed both.:grr:

As for first game i'd like to get one of the far ones out the way. Always better travelling home on a warm summer evening a with a win than a cold damp winter evening with a lose. If last years form is anything to go by that is.

23 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Actually, Sunderland is a good shout! 

20 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

Leeds is an older style stadium loved by many on here. I personally loved the Tuesday night atmosphere last season, had decent grub,nice pint and even though we lost found it far better than several other grounds. 

Each to their own. I justvremember it how it was with well manicured lawns outside the ground and pitches where Leeds were playing Liverpool in a Central Lesgue game. 

Where did you manage to get a nice pint? Presumably in Leeds itself if real ale. Lager or John Smith's doesn't count. 

21 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Each to their own. I justvremember it how it was with well manicured lawns outside the ground and pitches where Leeds were playing Liverpool in a Central Lesgue game. 

Where did you manage to get a nice pint? Presumably in Leeds itself if real ale. Lager or John Smith's doesn't count. 

Yes, found a great pub selling good beer  near the station. Added bonus of the footie specials bus stop right outside the pub.Had to walk back into town after the game, but hotel was ok, and had a great day in York the following day.Overall, one of the best "aways" last season.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well, we`ll find out a week on Wednesday. I wonder if Sky will do a countdown to Fixture Day for us like they are for the Premier League ones that are out this week?

Preston at home , and win , put the 5-0 to bed straight away .

6 minutes ago, JulieH said:

No it's not!

we request no home fixture on that day to the fa each season, traffic chaos otherwise!

Most of us know that Julie but.......that wasn't the case on the last game of season midday k.o clashing with the Bristol 10k run.

Someone messed up big time on that arrangement.

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

There's a world of difference between the 10k and the Balloon Fiesta.

It was enough to cause traffic problems with the Portway being closed. My pal and I decided to walk in from Long Ashton because of it.

The Fiesta runs over several days  but only one day would possibly clash with a home game at AG but it makes perfect sense for the Old Bill to notify the FA of the dates.

Archived