IGNORED

Fishing ... River Wye

WhistleHappy

Having a few days on the Wye soon... Coarse fishing for Barbel :fingerscrossed:

Will be based at Symonds Yat, any tips for local fishing  without excessive travel from base? .. cheap as poss day tickets (or any highly recommended vfm season tickets)? .. easy parking/access spots etc.. infact any info, tips most welcome... We'll probably be looking at anywhere (cheapish) between the lower to middle Wye.  Only experience we've had so far is a couple of visits to Lower Bishopswood, have caught there, but gawd that trek around the cropped field is a killer when humid! (we will be trying there again though, but thought hopefully some of you reds will have a recommended  golden nugget or two by way of tips/info for more places and tactics to try..  if all else fails, its a great area to visit for walks, wildlife, scenery and photography, but main hope is for some  decent barbel fishing (on a limited budget!)

Cheers in anticipation

10 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Can't help,with this, but will have an ask around for you.  It might pay to put a post on a forum called Maggotdrowners, they are a helpful bunch on there.

Thanks M' Red... had forgotten about the Maggotdrowners site.. good idea :) ... will check them out, always interesting reading, pics, tips etc there.

3 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Forgot this one - which looking at it includes Upper Hill Court:

http://www.anglingdreams.co.uk/fisheries.html

3 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Have you tried the Wye and Usk Foundation:

http://www.wyeuskfoundation.org/

Have been wanting to try the Wye for a few years but never seem to get around to it. My only Barbel to date has been a small "Barbelette" of less than a pound on my local River Mole.

Let us know how you get on.

:thumbsup: :robbored:  :fingerscrossed:

On 11/06/2017 at 09:29, WhistleHappy said:

Having a few days on the Wye soon... Coarse fishing for Barbel :fingerscrossed:

Will be based at Symonds Yat, any tips for local fishing  without excessive travel from base? .. cheap as poss day tickets (or any highly recommended vfm season tickets)? .. easy parking/access spots etc.. infact any info, tips most welcome... We'll probably be looking at anywhere (cheapish) between the lower to middle Wye.  Only experience we've had so far is a couple of visits to Lower Bishopswood, have caught there, but gawd that trek around the cropped field is a killer when humid! (we will be trying there again though, but thought hopefully some of you reds will have a recommended  golden nugget or two by way of tips/info for more places and tactics to try..  if all else fails, its a great area to visit for walks, wildlife, scenery and photography, but main hope is for some  decent barbel fishing (on a limited budget!)

Cheers in anticipation

Why Barbel? Do you think you are special or something?

Tench not good enough for you?

tfj

19 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Whatever I would have said you would have argued with.

Hard to match a wine to that though?

tfj

You normally have a Darwin Stubby with it.

For the record I never argue with you for no reason but just to point out that you are wrong and I am right. :wub:

Archived