IGNORED

Taylor Moore

cidered abroad

14 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Brett gave him a nudge before the ball arrived to put him out of position. Got to say our genius manager and coaching staff should have seen this as a learning situation and showed him how to avoid this in the next game. Instead we succeeded in knocking his confidence.

Sorry to say that Bristol City generally deskill the players who come to us. A massive area for improvement at out Club.

It wasn't just that error that cost TM his place. LJ could see that he wasn't quite ready for the hurly burly of the SBC before that but stuck with him upto that point.

Him getting a nudge from Pitman is exactly what more experienced defenders are used to from strikers. That was probably the first time something like that had happened to TM - he obviously wasn't ready.

No doubt he'd have got more than a nudge from opponents  at Bury.....

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It wasn't just that error that cost TM his place. LJ could see that he wasn't quite ready for the hurly burly of the SBC before that but stuck with him upto that point.

Him getting a nudge from Pitman is exactly what more experienced defenders are used to from strikers. That was probably the first time something like that had happened to TM - he obviously wasn't ready.

Well. He disappeared rapidly after the nudge. You surely aren't suggesting our defensive coaches didn't/couldn't teach an evasive strategy to this type of skullduggery?

Apparently when George Best first came to Man Utd he was weedy (yes I know Taylor Moore is not a George Best) the Club toughened him up and increased his body mass with a weights regime.

How many times has the Club been successful with the strategy of farming out a promising young player to a lower League Club and then them returning to have a successful career at City? In my view it has the opposite of the desired effect it coarsens and deskills them as well as knocking their belief in themselves and Bristol City FC.

9 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Well. He disappeared rapidly after the nudge. You surely aren't suggesting our defensive coaches didn't/couldn't teach an evasive strategy to this type of skullduggery?

Apparently when George Best first came to Man Utd he was weedy (yes I know Taylor Moore is not a George Best) the Club toughened him up and increased his body mass with a weights regime.

No exactly uncommon mate. Happens with almost every professional young player, much like it has with Tammy this season, and there's still a hell of a lot of room for him to beef up.

34 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

No exactly uncommon mate. Happens with almost every professional young player, much like it has with Tammy this season, and there's still a hell of a lot of room for him to beef up.

Thanks mate. My point was Man Utd kept Best at the Club putting coaching/strenghening training into him themselves rather than sending him to a lower League outfit (to be be brutalised). Seems to me Tammy is big enough and tough enough to manage the Championship, his loan to us was of a different nature to Moore's. Tammy got massive confidence from playing a whole season with us (and scoring many goals). He just wouldn't have got that at Chelsea.

Just now, southvillekiddy said:

Thanks mate. My point was Man Utd kept Best at the Club putting coaching a strenghening training into him themselves rather than sending him to a lower League outfit (to be be brutalised)

Best was brilliant at 16 ffs! A very very special talent. 

Of course Man Utd kept him under their wing. They did the same thing with Giggs who was another special talent.

When TM gets back he'll not only gained valuable experience but beefed up as well.

50 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Let's hope the young lads confidence isn't ruined by the piss poor man management of LJ.

Is this a wind-up?  I think anyone see that going on loan was the best possible thing for him.  I see no evidence of poor man management, but you of course, given your oft-repeated stance on Lee Johnson, will of course imagine different,

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Is this a wind-up?  I think anyone see that going on loan was the best possible thing for him.  I see no evidence of poor man management, but you of course, given your oft-repeated stance on Lee Johnson, will of course imagine different,

Don`t encourage him mate, I think LJ must have run over his dog or something.

2 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Well Taylor Moore is in Portugal at the moment, so it's not as if he's buckling down with training etc, if he wanted to go he would have had the time to. Probably told by the club to not go? But I don't understand the thinking behind that, a World Cup tournament would be great experience for him, especially seeing as they won it! 

My thinking is he wasn't called up. Hopefully he can have a great year here and get into the u23s for England. 

He surely would've got on the bench maybe start ahead of Clarke-Saltar

43 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don't think the whole saga the days / week around his loan spell to Bury were handled very well at all.

I've posted before about it and I think he was let down.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

the evidence will then be evident this season with a loads of starts......not; (he will be lucky to get one handful).

Even with the players we have now do you really believe LJ knows who to play...and where? he must think why did I bring him here again????? :dunno:

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Thanks mate. My point was Man Utd kept Best at the Club putting coaching/strenghening training into him themselves rather than sending him to a lower League outfit (to be be brutalised). Seems to me Tammy is big enough and tough enough to manage the Championship, his loan to us was of a different nature to Moore's. Tammy got massive confidence from playing a whole season with us (and scoring many goals). He just wouldn't have got that at Chelsea.

Loans in the mid 1960's? Did not exist except in very, very rare cases. The only example in that era that involved City was borrowing Rovers goalkeeper Bob Anderson in the 1954-55 promotion season when Tony Cook broke his arm. The next loan I can remember without reference to statto books was Brian Hill from Coventry in about 1968 or 69 by Alan Dicks. 

So your reference to Man U and Best is totally irrelevant.

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Most important thing for a young player like Moore is games games and more games. He wasn't ready for the Championship and got a good bit of men's football under his belt. 

Whats to moan about? 

This is OTIB, there's always something to moan about.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not stupid at all.

TM was in need of some men's football as was Vyner. TMs lack of experience was badly exposed at Portman Rd when the experienced Brett Pitman beat him to a ball across the box.With an experienced defender Pitman wouldn't have scored.

LJ highlighted TM inexperience post match.

We were shit everywhere for the bulk of the season. On that rationale they all should have been on loan at Bury. 

13 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Thanks mate. My point was Man Utd kept Best at the Club putting coaching/strenghening training into him themselves rather than sending him to a lower League outfit (to be be brutalised). 

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Of course Man Utd kept him under their wing. They did the same thing with Giggs who was another special talent.

When TM gets back he'll not only gained valuable experience but beefed up as well.

2 well put points.

Here's my take on it. It's a classic case of horses for courses. Very few of us have ever taken a  football coaching course let alone spend a few hours every day with our emerging talent. So, we have to trust that LJ and his team know what's best for every individual player.

As a former training officer, I had to understand that everyone has a different learning style (in Janet and John speak there are 4. There are also 3 basic motivational styles). Hence Horses for courses. Hopefully LJ and his team understand this.

If Ryan Giggs wasn't loaned out early in his career, how come Preston North End celebrated a great goal from a free kick by David Beckham?  Horses for courses.

I think it was the right decision to send TM out on loan to Bury.

As a positive for Gigg Lane, the ground is beside one of the best away pubs I've ever visited, The Bear With The Rugged Staff! So if everything else was wrong for his loan move, at least Taylor would've had a good pub to drown his sorrows!

A bit of adversity is good for footballers from time to time. Taylor Moore ended up on loan this season, and missed a place for an international tournament, so next season he'll have something to work towards. I'm hoping that he'll be in the first-team this season, and will have a point to prove as he makes his move up to the Championship.

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Probably right, but poor man-management imho.  I'm not criticising him either for giving youth a chance.  Wish he'd done that for 30 minutes v Brum rather than give the likes of Tomlin game-time.

Totally agree. We certainly wouldn't have rolled over already booking rooms in Vegas

On 2017-6-11 at 23:56, REDOXO said:

We were shit everywhere for the bulk of the season. On that rationale they all should have been on loan at Bury. 

That's not true, we were awful at defending - we scored enough goals to finish in the top half.

Huddersfield scored less than us and got promoted and only 9 of the 16 above us scored more. whereas there were only 2 teams above us that conceded more.

31 minutes ago, Pezo said:

That's not true, we were awful at defending - we scored enough goals to finish in the top half.

To be fair, we had Tammy Abraham to boost those figures. We'd either need a dramatic boost in form from existing players, or some inspired signings to get near those figures again.

32 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Huddersfield scored less than us and got promoted and only 9 of the 16 above us scored more. whereas there were only 2 teams above us that conceded more.

We were awful at winning then and Only half the team should have been at Bury

On 2017-6-11 at 13:26, hinsleburg said:

I'm not sure if the loan move did hinder him though? He got rave reviews at Bury and Clarke-Salter played who was on loan at Rovers so that wouldn't have stopped him?

Did he get rave reviews? The summary I read on their forum thought he was pretty average but factored in that he was played out of position.

http://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/29166-taylor-moore/

Wherever he is next season he needs to be playing 20+ games as a centre back.

On 11/06/2017 at 13:07, cidered abroad said:

Not in either the Under 20 or Under 21 squads for this summers tournaments. 

Skipper a year ago for Under 19's. Anyone seen anything to explain why not involved now?

He joined us and Johnson didn't give him a chance and sent him out on loan. Well done Engvall for not allowing the Johnson effect to wreck his career. Another not given a chance but got away and doing very nicely. Really going to make joining City a mouth watering prospect  for aspiring young players 

21 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

He joined us and Johnson didn't give him a chance and sent him out on loan. Well done Engvall for not allowing the Johnson effect to wreck his career. Another not given a chance but got away and doing very nicely. Really going to make joining City a mouth watering prospect  for aspiring young players 

That's not true.....LJ did give TM a chance but his inexperience ultimately cost him his place. It became obvious that TM wasn't ready to make the huge step up in standard so LJ and his staff felt TM needed more experience playing league football - hence the loan to Bury playing men's football.

He'll come back to AG having benefited from his loan.

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

Did he get rave reviews? The summary I read on their forum thought he was pretty average but factored in that he was played out of position.

http://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/29166-taylor-moore/

Wherever he is next season he needs to be playing 20+ games as a centre back.

Reading their views, most seemed to be saying he's been competent and committed whilst being played out of position. Still got a lot to learn by the sound of it, but for a 19 year old kid playing his first bit of English football, that'll do me.

21 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

An element of truth without doubt. LJ seems adept at destroying confidence. Particularly mine. We signed to many players, that's why the theme is to get some out. However he will also have to bring some in. What a mess!

i noticed something about Engvals open on his future. FFS he's our player! What's he talking about open. Is this kid one for the future as I was told a hundred times or going back to Sweden to be one of the ones we are looking to let go. 

So who else is going at fire sale prices. But don't worry the money we get for Flint will off set that, perhaps Taylor Moore can slot right in after Magnusson goes!

1 hour ago, RED4LIFE said:

Reading their views, most seemed to be saying he's been competent and committed whilst being played out of position. Still got a lot to learn by the sound of it, but for a 19 year old kid playing his first bit of English football, that'll do me.

Agree, not a criticism but think he may need more game time away from Ashton Gate.

On 11 June 2017 at 19:31, Robbored said:

So many on here miss the point, especially when a poster is building an argument with reference to a famous player or Club. Very parochial and unimaginative response. I'll say again. Best was brilliant at 16 and weedy so Manu Utd toughened him up at Manchester United. If City never follow the example of Premiership clubs how could we ever become a Premiership Club?

It's very possible Taylor Moore comes back resenting what City did like lots of other young players put in similiar situations.

And there's no need to swear

On 11 June 2017 at 21:56, cidered abroad said:

Loans in the mid 1960's? Did not exist except in very, very rare cases. The only example in that era that involved City was borrowing Rovers goalkeeper Bob Anderson in the 1954-55 promotion season when Tony Cook broke his arm. The next loan I can remember without reference to statto books was Brian Hill from Coventry in about 1968 or 69 by Alan Dicks. 

So your reference to Man U and Best is totally irrelevant.

Not so. The principle of getting the best out of a young player by coaching, training and strenghening him at his home Club still applies. City are shit at doing this.

It may explain why we do not attract the very best of local young talent on a regular basis.

We finally sign a good player, capt of England under 19s. and do not seem to have the coaching set-up to help him progress, 

Archived