IGNORED

Taylor Moore

cidered abroad

I feel for him tbh, if he broke into our side and played well he would have been in one of these tournaments and maybe going out on loan to Bury was a bad choice for the lad.

I really hope the lad has a good season next time round.

8 minutes ago, yardy said:

I feel for him tbh, if he broke into our side and played well he would have been in one of these tournaments and maybe going out on loan to Bury was a bad choice for the lad.

I really hope the lad has a good season next time round.

I'm not sure if the loan move did hinder him though? He got rave reviews at Bury and Clarke-Salter played who was on loan at Rovers so that wouldn't have stopped him?

Based on his tweet I would definitely say something has gone on behind the scenes, whether or not he's had a falling out with the manager or if potentially the club have asked him not to go? (Although I have no idea why that would be...) 

Definitely a big season for him though, I think if he's not playing games he needs a loan until January to one of the promoted clubs or league 1, think we will need to be very patient here...

Just now, nebristolred said:

Stupid that we sent one the England U-19 captain on loan to Bury rather than having him around a first team squad which was struggling defensively.

Yes and no. Involvement with the squad is a big help for young players but playing games at League One level is more beneficial in the long run? 

Just now, nebristolred said:

Stupid that we sent one the England U-19 captain on loan to Bury rather than having him around a first team squad which was struggling defensively.

I dont think he was ready for championship football so made sense to loan him out for regular football.

I think the success of the England age group teams and the company Taylor's been keeping there just underlines his quality. Don't know what the story around his summer off is but I'm sure the loan at Bury will mean he's much closer to our first team come August.

11 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Not stupid at all.

TM was in need of some men's football as was Vyner. TMs lack of experience was badly exposed at Portman Rd when the experienced Brett Pitman beat him to a ball across the box.With an experienced defender Pitman wouldn't have scored.

LJ highlighted TM inexperience post match.

It's a big season for several players, Taylor Moore included. Him, Maggers, Brownhill and O'Dowda in particular need to progress from players with potential, 'one for the future' prospects into steady Championship performers. All of them clearly have the skill, hopefully the consistency and maturity will follow.

Seems that the U20s were for those with U21 experience not going to that tournament and for those in premier league academies. The Toulon tournament perhaps had something to do with the bad blood between him and France with him choosing to play for England? I'm just speculating but it shouldn't matter. I have high hopes for him after watching him at CB against Hull. He needs more time to be a full time centre half but he's got all the attributes

1 hour ago, Andy Horsman said:

It's a big season for several players, Taylor Moore included. Him, Maggers, Brownhill and O'Dowda in particular need to progress from players with potential, 'one for the future' prospects into steady Championship performers. All of them clearly have the skill, hopefully the consistency and maturity will follow.

I think Brownhill has already proven himself as a steady, reliable Championship performer. 

One of our standout players in the last 6-7 games, IMO.

O'Dowda has also progressed since joining.

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

I think Brownhill has already proven himself as a steady, reliable Championship performer. 

Definitely agree re Brownhill. Would like to think he can make himself a certain starter next season by adding a few goals and being a bit more consistent over a longer period of matches.

21 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Definitely think brownhill has done enough to warrant a starting place 1st game of the season. Jurys still out on O'Dowda for me but was definitely improving tail end of last season

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not stupid at all.

TM was in need of some men's football as was Vyner. TMs lack of experience was badly exposed at Portman Rd when the experienced Brett Pitman beat him to a ball across the box.With an experienced defender Pitman wouldn't have scored.

Disagree, thought he looked alright when I saw him. There will be players in that same England team who will go on to higher heights than Moore, probably partly because they were given a proper opportunity. If he isn't given a chance this season it will be a massive shame. Massive prospect.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I'd hope he will play twenty games for us next season, minimum

That for me would show that we have bought a talent that is progressing strongly and is likely to have been a good purchase in the long run.

If he plays 5 games off the bench then I will probably start to wonder if he will make it.

Anywhere inbetween will probably be a bit middling and depends on the circumstances.

If he goes out on loan it won't be to a 2nd tier team and I'm not sure what he will learn having just spent half a season playing in the 3rd tier and doing well but match practice is better for him than sitting on our bench.

From what i have seen I still think I would play Maggs ahead of him though.

Just now, Pezo said:

That for me would show that we have bought a talent that is progressing strongly and is likely to have been a good purchase in the long run.

If he plays 5 games off the bench then I will probably start to wonder if he will make it.

Anywhere inbetween will probably be a bit middling and depends on the circumstances.

If he goes out on loan it won't be to a 2nd tier team and I'm not sure what he will learn having just spent half a season playing in the 3rd tier and doing well but match practice is better for him than sitting on our bench.

From what i have seen I still think I would play Maggs ahead of him though.

I don't mind if it's at centre back or right back.  Been watching football long enough now to know that sometimes the difference between some 'kids' making it and some not is simply opportunity.  

Rashford and Coquelin are just two examples of managers not thinking a young player is ready, being forced to play them and they then succeeded and staying in the team. 

If we sign a right back and don't sell a centre back then Taylor Moore will not be playing much next season. For him, I would hope he leaves.  

7 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Disagree, thought he looked alright when I saw him. There will be players in that same England team who will go on to higher heights than Moore, probably partly because they were given a proper opportunity. If he isn't given a chance this season it will be a massive shame. Massive prospect.

Simply by watching TM play two thing were obvious 1) his ability levels are pretty good 2) his defending skills were underdeveloped in men's football.

As I posted earlier that inexperience was exposed by Pitman who scored the winning goal and TM was out thought and manoeuvred. Against a more experienced defender it's unlikely Pitman would even have got to the ball but he did against TM.

No doubt at all about his ability, nor Hodurs either but both are very raw at SBC level just as Vyner is. Two of that three were loaned out to play proper league football and will hopefully benefitted by the experience.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Simply by watching TM play two thing were obvious 1) his ability levels are pretty good 2) his defending skills were underdeveloped in men's football.

As I posted earlier that inexperience was exposed by Pitman who scored the winning goal and TM was out thought and manoeuvred. Against a more experienced defender it's unlikely Pitman would even have got to the ball but he did against TM.

No doubt at all about his ability, nor Hodurs either but both are very raw at SBC level just as Vyner is. Two of that three were loaned out to play proper league football and will hopefully benefitted by the experience.

I wanted to like this until you wrote SBC.

Just now, Robbored said:

Agree with the sentiments, but I still think posters are jumping on LJ's comments after the Ipswich game.  It could just have easily been Flint dragged to cover the near post to a ball played behind the expected delivery and more dangerous position.  Unfortunately the cross was behind the intended direction and Pitman scored a Pitman type goal.  Had it been Flint in exactly that position, then no way would LJ have called him out post-game.  He'd have said that Flint was in the right position, but got unlucky to a fabulous Pitman goal.

Look at goals across the season, e.g. Reading at home where the centre-back is covering the ball across the 6 yard box, but it gets pulled back....goal.  Johnson didn't gave a go then, he only calls out youngsters.  Double standards.

Look at our u20s today....I only saw the second half, but how many times did we lose the ball trying to run with the ball, whereas Venezuela popped passes around....until our final 25 yards where they were trying to be a bit clever for their own good.  That is the start of seeing the difference between comfortable u20/u23 football and the pro game at Champ/Prem, probably Lg1 too.  

I think TM will have really benefitted from playing proper league football.  You're right @Robbored he has the ability.  He has the brain too, witnessed against Hull where he understood the types of runs you get against Prem strikers, even if only Hull.  He's got pace too, the ability to recover etc.  Centre Half is tough for youngsters, especially those more slight in physique.  Someone like Maguire has probably been a 'unit' all his life, probably shaving at 11, and able to play at the level at a younger age.  That is why a lot of young CBs make debuts at full-back (Vyner) as less likely to be exposed.

I really hope Taylor Moore makes it.  I fear it will be with someone else though.

Good post Dave and pretty much spot in.

In defence of LJs post match comments at Ipswich. I think LJ could see that he'd  selected TM a tad early in his development and calling him him out gave LJ a justification to leave him out next game. In an obscure sort of way he was saying that he'd made error. 

Im not going to slag LJ off for giving youth an opportunity - that's something neither his dad or Cotterill were prepared to do and I hope he continues to do it next season.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good post Dave and pretty much spot in.

In defence of LJs post match comments at Ipswich. I think LJ could see that he'd  selected TM a tad early in his development and calling him him out gave LJ a justification to leave him out next game. In an obscure sort of way he was saying that he'd made error. 

Im not going to slag LJ off for giving youth an opportunity - that's something neither his dad or Cotterill were prepared to do and I hope he continues to do it next season.

Probably right, but poor man-management imho.  I'm not criticising him either for giving youth a chance.  Wish he'd done that for 30 minutes v Brum rather than give the likes of Tomlin game-time.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably right, but poor man-management imho.  I'm not criticising him either for giving youth a chance.  Wish he'd done that for 30 minutes v Brum rather than give the likes of Tomlin game-time.

I don`t think he could have even if he`d wanted to as TM was still technically a Bury player even though their season had finished.

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think he could have even if he`d wanted to as TM was still technically a Bury player even though their season had finished.

Sorry, wasn't referring to TM, but other younger players eligable and in squad that day.

Well Taylor Moore is in Portugal at the moment, so it's not as if he's buckling down with training etc, if he wanted to go he would have had the time to. Probably told by the club to not go? But I don't understand the thinking behind that, a World Cup tournament would be great experience for him, especially seeing as they won it! 

My thinking is he wasn't called up. Hopefully he can have a great year here and get into the u23s for England. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not stupid at all.

How do you become a man at Bristol City? Do we help a young player toughen up at our Club or do we take the less difficult approach and farm them out to a lower League Club. Old-fashioned, unimaginative thinking in my view. In effect you are saying 'You're too weedy so we're sending somewhere shitty to sort yourself out"

Magnusson is a man isn't he? How come an international player can't get a game as a defender at City (and please don't quote his most obvious mistake playing for us). If you are good enough you are old enough. We should trying harder to make our young players good enough. Loyalty to them is enormously important in my view.

Brett gave Taylor a crafty nudge before the ball arrived to put him out of position. Got to say our genius manager and coaching staff should have seen this as a learning situation and showed him how to avoid this in the next game. Instead we succeeded in knocking his confidence.

Sorry to say that Bristol City generally deskill the players who come to us. A massive area for improvement at out Club.

Archived