IGNORED

Maggs (Merged)

cityred exile

59 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Watching the ice man sky , playing his first match since his last game  , also for Iceland ( wonder if he will score this time !)     Looking a little rusty  hardly surprising I suppose

WISHED I HAD A FEW QUID  HE WOULD SCORE THE  WINNER   AGAIN !

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

Watching the ice man sky , playing his first match since his last game  , also for Iceland ( wonder if he will score this time !)     Looking a little rusty  hardly surprising I suppose

Playing his first match since his last game!!! 

That will be the case with every player every match

1 minute ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Let's face it though, Lee knows **** all about the position his players play in :yawn:

Before Hordur signed Lee said that he was to play primarily as a central defender but he should be ready to play a few games as a left-back. He knows he can play the left-back position but the thing is Lee doesn't rate him.

25 minutes ago, Benni said:

Before Hordur signed Lee said that he was to play primarily as a central defender but he should be ready to play a few games as a left-back. He knows he can play the left-back position but the thing is Lee doesn't rate him.

Lees decision. He gets paid for it and its a results business. He has used up all his excuses and all his chances so next season will reveal all.

If we didn't already own Mags, I suggest we'd be delighted to sign him - a 24 year old goal scoring international defender; I'd be impressed if we landed a similar calibre player this summer.

What I cannot understand is LJ's insistence that 23 year old (24 in September) Joe Bryan can be a top-level left back, despite the majority of his time in that position being with Plymouth in League Two, and his more accomplished performances at this level being in midfield.

However, Mags (only 8 months older) is too stuck in his ways at centre back to be able to play left back, meaning he's out of the squad more often than not, yet he can regularly line up there and impress at international level - he helped keep the like of Perisic, Mandzukic, Modric and Kalinic quiet last night, and now has twice popped up with crucial winners.

Regular international who's side might yet make the World Cup next summer, and who has scored as many free kicks as Tomlin this season, and yet might be out in his arse before the next campaign- I don't understand it. 

Makes me wonder if perhaps L J is confusing our Hordurs with the reality TV show about 'Hoarders' and 'loads of rubbish' ...

Magnusson, has just proved that when he 'Starts he can Finish'  (come on LJ it doesn't take a Mastermind to see that!)

Time to 'think outside of the box' Lee.

8 hours ago, Benni said:

Then any decision made regarding Hordur by Lee might ultimately cost him his job if it's a wrong one. For example if Hordur jumps ship pastures ( and I wouldn't blame him) and he makes a roaring success of it with a rival, then there will be an outrage amongst fans and rightly so.

I don't think LJ will have any slack at all this season, last season is far to raw still. He has to get it it right from the word go with everything, new players, existing players, tactics etc. If LJ has any coaching/management ability Magnussons form should not have gone unnoticed 

I didn't actually see the game yesterday, but if he looks like he could play left back comfortably, up against a player Man U are looking to sign we should definitely give him ago. 

Not sure I'd have him at centre back. Too weak for me, and his distribution isn't as good as some people would make it out to be.

Still, it was his first season in the championship so hopefully pushes on next season. 

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Then any decision made regarding Hordur by Lee might ultimately cost him his job if it's a wrong one. For example if Hordur jumps ship pastures ( and I wouldn't blame him) and he makes a roaring success of it with a rival, then there will be an outrage amongst fans and rightly so.

I don't think LJ will have any slack at all this season, last season is far to raw still. He has to get it it right from the word go with everything, new players, existing players, tactics etc. If LJ has any coaching/management ability Magnussons form should not have gone unnoticed 

:fingerscrossed:  We could give him till xmas though ?? :shifty:

9 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

:fingerscrossed:  We could give him till xmas though ?? :shifty:

We could give him all the time in the world as long as things are working and there is progress and dare I say it stability, along with seemingly ability to use and motivate the players properly. As I said his every move will be scrutinised by the fans at a level not seen before. If he steps out of line and they will be calling for his head on a platter with a cherry on top.

Like the Tweet quoted says about Hordur/ Goldbourne in Lee's case he is either successful or not. There is no leeway ( no pun intended) in his case this coming season.

I personally want him to be successful, but if he really hasn't learnt from this season or isn't up to the job then I'm realistic enough and will call for his head as loud as anyone. I want my club to be successful after all.

Archived