IGNORED

What's your most prized City memorabilia ?

Major Isewater

No memorabilia just memories, but those are the best as I can remember the good and forget the bad and not so good.

At my age that's no bad thing, as my memory isn't so good and  there is far less good to try and remember compared to the bad!

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I had a moment of liberation many years ago when I gave away or sold nearly everything I had before departing all alone on a voyage around the world , I did ,however , keep my Notts County v City programme signed by God Taylor .

:worship2:

What is your most prized piece of City memorabilia ?

I have a signed denim shirt from the promotion squad of 1989, signed at the supporters club player of the year awards of that season. What an era that was.

When I was a mascott aged like 5/6. Still got all the stuff I was given. Photo with Tinnion and the team, signed ball, programme etc. Looks so dated compared to the club/stadium now. You can see in the photo background the Dolman has no 'front stand' just a brick wall. Gone are the days.

Bottle of promotion ale, a 77 style replica shirt signed by Norman Hunter, and a promotion shirt signed by the squad the Goater years. Also have one of Glyn Riley's old shirts.

oh, and a rosette I've had since about '66

I have a book on the history of the club, signed by Arthur Milton. My dad used to deliver his post in the early 80s and they became quite good friends. I have a vague recollection that Arthur was also a postman until retirement, but could be wrong.

Got a few bits I've managed to buy/obtain in person, a John Atyeo display, bought an old signed programme and mounted it up with a couple of photos and a plaque. A signed canvas of the 1986 Wembley team with Freight Rover,  sadly missing Glyn Riley and Steve Neville as they didn't attend the 25th anniversary dinner. Plus signed photos of the 1976 and 2015 teams. 

I've still got the ticket stub from my first game 26th Oct 1996 v Notts County.

Son has a football signed by LJ and Gerks from years ago and also has a calendar from this year signed by most of the squad and a personally written and signed birthday card from Aden Flint. That has pride of place on his bedroom wall alongside his first game ticket stub.

I've got loads of City programmes that mean a lot to me - not just the ones from when I started going to games in the early 1980s but also ones from the late 50s onwards that my dad has given me. I've got a separate box with programmes from City away games I've attended (about 60 different grounds). Not worth much financially but brings back lots of memories.

I've had the same scarf since that wonderful night at Anfield in 1994 (again pinched from my dad) which has been with me at games all around the country - I'd hate to lose it.

I have the match programme from Sheffield United v City at Bramall Lane in 1958.

Autographed by all Sheff U and City players, the complimentary ticket stub given to me by the Sheffield United and England keeper, Alan Hodgkinson.

A very small group of us City fans were in a cafe outside the ground pre match with all of the Blades players and Hodgkinson got us all comps. He was England's keeper at that time.

On the train home we were sat with all the City players and Bert Tindill gave us a bottle of beer from the player's supply.

An away trip like that couldn't happen now. By the way we lost 4-0, Bob Anderson carried off with a back injury, no subs, at a Bramall Lane with only three sides used for football as it was also still used by Yorkshire Cricket as their main home ground.

PS. Understandably, I've had a soft spot ever since for the Blades, except when we play them.

1 minute ago, adamski said:

The best I've seen, is a John Atyeo England shirt.

I think that tops everything in my house, furniture, telly, kids.....

I have  One for the Bristol City and drink up ye Cider white label singles signed

Wow, who was lucky enough to own that? His family surely?

Archived