IGNORED

What's your most prized City memorabilia ?

Major Isewater

I've got

A bottle of Bristol City ketchup signed by Bradley Orr

2 signed canvases, one signed by Scotty, the other by Aden, both addressed to Dolly

Some of the streamers from the pitch the year we lost at the millennium stadium

Quite a few signed shirts

My award from when I won Supporter of the Year. 

My two seats I bought from the East End and had fastened onto a frame so I can actually sit on them. 

Think thats it. :) 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I've got

A bottle of Bristol City ketchup signed by Bradley Orr

2 signed canvases, one signed by Scotty, the other by Aden, both addressed to Dolly

Some of the streamers from the pitch the year we lost at the millennium stadium

Quite a few signed shirts

My award from when I won Supporter of the Year. 

My two seats I bought from the East End and had fastened onto a frame so I can actually sit on them. 

Think thats it. :) 

Surely seats from the East end aren't meant to be sat on, rather stood in front of. Maybe stood on occasionally.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Surely seats from the East end aren't meant to be sat on, rather stood in front of. Maybe stood on occasionally.

They're actually on the frame in their folded position, so I often stand in front of them, cos of where they are in the garden. Plus I end up standing on them if I'm looking into next doors garden hunting for the cats, so I'd say they're being used exactly as they should be ;) 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

They're actually on the frame in their folded position, so I often stand in front of them, cos of where they are in the garden. Plus I end up standing on them if I'm looking into next doors garden hunting for the cats, so I'd say they're being used exactly as they should be ;) 

If the kids next door score a goal, do you rush over to your garden fence to goad them?

#netters

Used to have a pair of JohnBaileysLottos, also used to have a pair of Louie Donowa's Diadoras and a pair of Dave Smith's Adidas, some Nibor shorts with the embroidered Robin and a pair of the purple and white socks from the original Purple and Lime Green Kit. Perks of having a good mate who was a trainee in that era. Used to go up to Redwood Lodge to use the facilities and if anyone asked, my name was Scott Partridge.

Unfortunately I went travelling and my mum binned the lot!

City v Newcastle (away) 1991 program signed by all city players that day and also Paul gasgoine. I was mascot (aged 15 or 16) and gazza was at the game in plaster behind the scenes. Think it was when he broke his leg playing for spurs against forest possibly a mad tackle on Gary Charles if I remember right

I have a typed letter from SE Hawkings (Club Secretary) to Mr Dickinson of Everton Football Club, detailing in accordance with FA Cup rules the squad names of the players eligible for the 3rd Round FA Cup game 7th January 1956.  It also details the seats they will have at Ashton Gate.  Complete with typing errors, its pretty cool.

Also have 4 first day covers (stamps)

First Derby Match for 10 years. 28th Dec 1974 r****d 1 - 4 Bristol City

First Home Match in First Division. 26th August 1976 Bristol City 1 - 0 Stoke City

Commemorative 70th Year anniversary of Election to the Football League. 11th Septemeber 1971

England World Cup Champions 1966 first day cover. Franked 18th Aug 1966 at Harrow and Wembley post office.

All the above framed.

It seems quite a few have the Courage Promotion Ale bottle. Blast! Mine's unopened though!

I used to have a complete set of the 1948 City programmes plus my Dad's match stat scribblings. I would still have them if my mum hadn't thrown them out. The fact that they were in my bedside drawer doesn't count when a mother gets an acrimonious divorce. Bitter, me? When it comes to the Promotion Ale, yes! 

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 22:35, HanwellRed said:

1. A matchball signed by the whole 1977-78 squad (including a good few bona fire City legends in amongst them)  by winning a penalty competition as an U-11 at Blackwell Athletic.

2. More a memory than memorabilia but being invited to Sunday lunch at Terry Cooper's house with Norman Hunter & Terry Cooper ( I was good mates with Terry's son Mark at primary school).

If TC had chicken for lunch.... did Norman bite his legs?

I had Matt Hill's shirt from off his back, knicked during that pitch invasion love-in with Preston (I think).  But that's back at my parents'.

I value most stickers of Gary Shelton and Jacki Dziekanowski my Dad got me for 50p that I stuck on my bedside table at the time, as a kid.  I have taken that table with me to every new place I have moved.

Strange, powerful, sentimental powers lie within that table, I tell thee!

I have got a signed Dunlop match ball from the home match vs Northampton 1983/84 Division 4 promotion season.

they used to raffle off the match ball at every home game during that season, that is how skint the club were!

my dad always bought a ticket every game and gave me the ball for my 13th birthday, best present ever.

The signatures are very faded now, but can still make most of them out.

8 minutes ago, Psycho Glenn said:

I have got a signed Dunlop match ball from the home match vs Northampton 1983/84 Division 4 promotion season.

they used to raffle off the match ball at every home game during that season, that is how skint the club were!

my dad always bought a ticket every game and gave me the ball for my 13th birthday, best present ever.

The signatures are very faded now, but can still make most of them out.

I'm pretty sure I was mascot for that game, it was my birthday. TC said "do you want to go back to the stand or sit on the bench" to watch the game. I sat on the bench and we lost 3-1. My assistant manager skills were dashed at the age of 9 or 10 lols. It was January 83-84? I couldn't imagine a manager doing that these days. Great bloke TC. I remember playing football tennis with Tom Ritchie in a room under the Williams before kick off, another legend of our club.

I have a programme against Arsenal from 1976 that my late grandad gave me. I had it signed by Paul Cheesley. With the words to Denis best wishes etc. My grandad was chuffed when I gave him back the programme. Had a great night with Cheesley by the way, what a lovely bloke.

9 hours ago, martnewts said:

City v Newcastle (away) 1991 program signed by all city players that day and also Paul gasgoine. I was mascot (aged 15 or 16) and gazza was at the game in plaster behind the scenes. Think it was when he broke his leg playing for spurs against forest possibly a mad tackle on Gary Charles if I remember right

I've got a programme from City away at Newcastle on Kevin Keegans first match as manager, signed by him. Was one of the Junior Reds mascot group that day. 

My sister managed to get me a signed ball courtesy of Scott Murray of the 2007/08 play off squad for my 30th birthday. Also, 2 East End seats take pride of place in my garden... so along with my patio chairs and umbrella, technically my garden is a better stadium than the Memorial Ground!!

Got a small patch of Andy Llewellyn's red hirerite top after a pitch invasion in 1988 against Doncaster at home after securing a play off spot.

Signed team football from 1992 including Andy Cole.

Also the corner flag from Euro 2000 England v Germany in Charleroi first time England beat Germany since 1966!

A pair of Scotty Murrays boots, signed football and a framed photo of me and my dad on the front page of the evening post celebrating getting into the 96/97 play offs when I was 2 years old!

also 18 years worth of programs and ticket stubs/season tickets

Gonna have to buy some toilet rolls soon for the first time since 1969.... my City memorabilia has finally almost all gone down the pan since collecting and rerolling a few thousand bog rolls from Gibbos East End goalmouth in the late sixties, coyrs.. saved me a flipping small fortune over the years! :laugh:  :)  

Thread resurrection, but yesterday I added this very special item to my Bristol City shirt collection, which now takes pride of place!

Andy Cole's actual playing shirt (with embroidered badge) from the season he first came on loan to us, signed by the great man himself and originally passed through Beryl Fudge when he left the club.

As an impressionable 15 year old back in 1992, Andy Cole was my hero, so suffice to say I'm totally humbled & over the moon with this addition.:clapping:

Some gratuitous pictures...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.40170ad06bf4ddb2398db1a81da71569.jpg

s-l1600-3.thumb.jpg.0db48e48e566e357ea661cfc085eab8c.jpg

s-l1600-2.thumb.jpg.f81d232bcf0eab665b3bf32a6aecf1f6.jpg

s-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.a8008fb67f8529af3834f41632bab14e.jpg

14 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

Thread resurrection, but yesterday I added this very special item to my Bristol City shirt collection, which now takes pride of place!

Andy Cole's actual playing shirt (with embroidered badge) from the season he first came on loan to us, signed by the great man himself and originally passed through Beryl Fudge when he left the club.

As an impressionable 15 year old back in 1992, Andy Cole was my hero, so suffice to say I'm totally humbled & over the moon with this addition.:clapping:

Some gratuitous pictures...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.40170ad06bf4ddb2398db1a81da71569.jpg

s-l1600-3.thumb.jpg.0db48e48e566e357ea661cfc085eab8c.jpg

s-l1600-2.thumb.jpg.f81d232bcf0eab665b3bf32a6aecf1f6.jpg

s-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.a8008fb67f8529af3834f41632bab14e.jpg

Passed through Beryl? 

Did she eat it.

Archived