IGNORED

What's your most prized City memorabilia ?

Major Isewater

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 14:34, poland_exile said:

Bob Taylor's autograph signed on a scrap of paper during a Tuesday reserves match - 'shouldn't you be at school' he asked, clocking my uniform.

A photo I took of the open end before it got knocked down.

A copy of the Bountyhunter, cover - Jacki juggling a ball.

Ticket stub to the old Den, (the Atteveld own goal game!)

All lurk somewhere in my parent's attic, would love to unearth them next trip to England, but fear they've been boxed alongside a collection of    *saucy magazines    from the era :/ 

You must dig them out sometime soon,  it'll be lovely for you to 'ketchup' ... :) 

*saucy magazines

Postcard mounted on card fully signed of the team around 1969, shirt signed by the team that won promotion 1997 . Replica shirt from 77 signed by Norman Hunter. Promotion ale and some various cigarette cards. 

Oh, and Glyn Riley's old shirt, slightly the worse for wear as they used them to train in.

1 hour ago, kmpowell said:

Thread resurrection, but yesterday I added this very special item to my Bristol City shirt collection, which now takes pride of place!

Andy Cole's actual playing shirt (with embroidered badge) from the season he first came on loan to us, signed by the great man himself and originally passed through Beryl Fudge when he left the club.

As an impressionable 15 year old back in 1992, Andy Cole was my hero, so suffice to say I'm totally humbled & over the moon with this addition.:clapping:

Some gratuitous pictures...

fantastic!!! Was much the same age then and found it a thrilling time to watch city.

In the years after he left many perceived Cole as arrogant and ungrateful to us, but I'm glad his reputation seems to have been largely rehabilitated. He was astonishing to watch at times. 

I haven’t got any but Joe has some shirts, gloves and signed ball (14-15 Swindon game)

Martin Paterson - loanee 13/1499847640-2B04-4C71-9D48-D4A2BF49FF89.thumb.jpeg.c1d43250f40e7b51fe7ec3de4de3e783.jpeg

Swindon ball - famous 3-0 win....Joe was mascot

0F4E3F29-3D3B-4B8E-B980-6EB41088ACE2.thumb.jpeg.dd95dc7e735646ea6de2f29ac00a7bc6.jpeg

Elliott Bennett’s shirt;

D891BD93-D427-4FC0-8EC1-B18E267665D0.thumb.jpeg.7868d9bc08b227d03598066efc4f488e.jpeg

Frankie’s gloves;

3DA9D8D5-CF26-4268-87DA-25BB1D0272D1.thumb.jpeg.1311b1ec98bf131f36cae9e94f06aeb9.jpeg

Waggy’s shirt 14/15 after Walsall 8-2

B0C62489-7946-47B1-AC88-88289A372340.thumb.jpeg.b7dd3d96bd05789349f04c14ef4b329e.jpeg

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 00:28, martnewts said:

City v Newcastle (away) 1991 program signed by all city players that day and also Paul gasgoine. I was mascot (aged 15 or 16) and gazza was at the game in plaster behind the scenes. Think it was when he broke his leg playing for spurs against forest possibly a mad tackle on Gary Charles if I remember right

Paul Gascoigne - plastered? ...  surely not! ;) 

10 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

Mines got to be this

IMG_8638.JPG

I have the massive one from outside the EastEnd that used to hang above the turnstile's,

3 EastEnd seats

Louis Carey match worn shirt signed by the whole squad and Danny Wilson from the Brighton play off season

My purple & Lime shirt that I wore at Anfield 94 signed by Tinman and Jackie

All the programmes from 77 - 81

Programme for the game against the Gas that started our 11-1-1 run to promotion in 1965.

I've crossed out Bush and replaced with Atyeo, and that's what kicked off the run.. The Gas were second at the time, and giving it all that about promotion. We were seventh, and talking about building for next season. How things change!

On 7/9/2017 at 00:12, JohnBaileysLottos said:

Used to have a pair of JohnBaileysLottos, also used to have a pair of Louie Donowa's Diadoras and a pair of Dave Smith's Adidas, some Nibor shorts with the embroidered Robin and a pair of the purple and white socks from the original Purple and Lime Green Kit. Perks of having a good mate who was a trainee in that era. Used to go up to Redwood Lodge to use the facilities and if anyone asked, my name was Scott Partridge.

Unfortunately I went travelling and my mum binned the lot!

...please tell me it wasn't "those boots" - you know, the ones that put years of hurt to bed?!

Still have all my shirts, several rather old, tatty scarfs and a few hats. Unfortunately lost the weird plastic baseball cap type thing I used to have from about '78. Boxes of programmes, mostly 80's, a handful from 1st division days.

My favourite piece is a commemorative plate from '76 celebrating promotion to the first division. By no means a rare piece, but means a ton to me. Wouldn't I LOVE to get a mate for it. A promotion plate for 2017-18.

DSC_0035_2.jpg

A football signed by every city player on the day i was mascot. The club didn't provide the ball. I went round every city player to get their signature  (only Andy cole didn't/woulnt/i failed to get ....sign.

Oh.......a year later, by brothers took it from my room to play football with it on the street. All signatures gone.

This thread had brought back terrible memories :-) :-)

A programme signed by Brian Tinnion, after signing, he ran off still holding my pen, had to come back from the centre circle where he was warming up after he realised he still had it. I'm not sure I've still got the pen though. Also got autographs somewhere from Shaun Goater and Martin Scott.

Also from the City vs Liverpool home game, before the famous replay at Anfield I have the programme signed by the whole Liverpool squad and Souness - OK so it's not BCFC memorabilia but still interesting. My grandfather was born in Liverpool and a regular at Anfield pre WW2. He ended up moving permanently to Bristol after the war and became a City fan and season ticket holder for many years whilst still keeping an eye on Liverpool, my Mum rang up AG prior to the match and managed to get him in the tunnel to meet the Liverpool players pre match.

Also, for every game I still wear the scarf that my Dad bought me in the club shop after my first ever trip to AG in early 1991.

10 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The autographs of the entire 1955 promotion squad, except for Arthur Milton. 

I have a book, think it's called the history of Bristol City (something like that) from the 70s, that was originally my uncle's but passed to me when he moved to the states. As my dad was a postman at the time, he was friendly with Arthur Milton and had the book signed for my uncle. 

I’ve got a City shirt signed by Jacki and a photo of me and Glyn Riley in the away dressing room at The Gate.

But I’m still distraught that the City scarf my grandparents bought me in the early ‘70s (which I wore with pride when we were promoted to the top division) was in my car when it was stolen back in the ‘80s...when my car was eventually found abandoned and trashed in Knowle West the scarf had been taken....one of my most prized possessions, priceless, still gutted! I didn’t care about my car or all the other stuff that had been pinched from it, I just wanted my first ever City scarf back!

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve got a City shirt signed by Jacki and a photo of me and Glyn Riley in the away dressing room at The Gate.

But I’m still distraught that the City scarf my grandparents bought me in the early ‘70s (which I wore with pride when we were promoted to the top division) was in my car when it was stolen back in the ‘80s...when my car was eventually found abandoned and trashed in Knowle West the scarf had been taken....one of my most prized possessions, priceless, still gutted! I didn’t care about my car or all the other stuff that had been pinched from it, I just wanted my first ever City scarf back!

I’ve still got my 70s Bristol City Are Magic scarf.  Joe wore it to his first game.  Had a bit of a tear.

Archived