IGNORED

What's your most prized City memorabilia ?

Major Isewater

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve still got my 70s Bristol City Are Magic scarf.  Joe wore it to his first game.  Had a bit of a tear.

Reminds me of getting my City legends book signed by Alec Eisentragger...for my father. He was his favourite player. What a Gentleman he was. My fathered loved it...same sentiments seeing his face. Sadly my father is almost blind now, with 10% hearing. Just memories for him now and struggling to listen to commentary on the radio. 

All sorts of programmes from Citys' major matches but my favourites are four of John Atyeo's six England internationals including away to Ireland when Dermot Curtis played for the hosts. Not sure two City players have played against eachother in a full international!

When we clinched promotion in 1965 my dear Uncle Tony (a season ticket holder until the last) took me onto the pitch and produced a pair of scissors. He made some clippings from the pitch and did some for me. I honestly still have those clippings - I put them in a photo album and have kept them all those years!

I also have a number of the City v Gillingham programme on 14th February (Valentines Day) 1997 which includes a picture of my soon to be wife with a marriage proposal. She said yes but we lost 2-0 :-(

Just remembered I also have a rejection letter from when I applied to be our manager approx 10 years ago. I was unemployed at the time and we had just sacked the current manager. The job centre of course wanted evidence that I was applying for jobs.....were not impressed when I showed them a BCFC rejection letter.

11 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And another bit of “random eclectic junk” is on its way to BA11.......

I know she’ll love it :yes:

Wonder what it’ll taste like?

0308612E-15C1-4A1F-969E-6EB1CC7FCF89.thumb.png.7964a41235878b05f781525492afaaa9.png

I got one of those. It sits proudly next to my computer monitor alongside a City gnome that my eight year old niece painted up for me for my birthday about five years ago.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I got one of those. It sits proudly next to my computer monitor alongside a City gnome that my eight year old niece painted up for me for my birthday about five years ago.

Nice!

I was under age in 76 but stumbled across this on eBay the other day. Kept quiet about it so as not to push the price up......

£18 and twas mine. To go with the turnstile, seats and Wurzels single. Mrs B will love it!

Archived