IGNORED

Carabao Cup - Plymouth at home (Merged and edited)

Lanterne Rouge

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

With over half the team being first choice at that point, the others who started were ones fans were asking to see more of, Wilbraham the only exception.

You get that far you should play your strongest line up. Crazy decision really.

An interesting tie. Since I have followed this club, there has been a phenomenom that I will call the "Argyle circle".. It has a cycle of roughly 15 years and it goes like this:

1) Silence. We haven't crossed paths with them for a few years, their crowds are firmly in the 4 digits and the only time we hear from them is when a squad player goes on loan there.

2) Things begin to stir down there. They start to play well and their fans begin registering on forums across the web. We are suddenly reminded of their existence when they start goading us.

3) They overtake us in the league. All hell breaks loose with ***POP*** and other nonsense. Their crowds are up to around 15k and thousands of them suddenly appear, rubbing our noses in it and telling us how much they've always hated us and that Bristol is a dump compared to Plymuff. This period usually lasts for around 2-3 years.

4) They begin slipping back down the leagues. Their crowds dip by about 2k every year until its back to 6000 odd. A few die hards keep trying to cling to a rivalry with us but mostly things are quieting down.

5) Everything goes quiet (shhhh!) and we are back to step 1. The calm lasts for about 10 years.

I have witnessed the complete circulation of this cycle three times. I wonder if its about to start again?

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

An interesting tie. Since I have followed this club, there has been a phenomenom that I will call the "Argyle circle".. It has a cycle of roughly 15 years and it goes like this:

1) Silence. We haven't crossed paths with them for a few years, their crowds are firmly in the 4 digits and the only time we hear from them is when a squad player goes on loan there.

2) Things begin to stir down there. They start to play well and their fans begin registering on forums across the web. Some of them begin goading us.

3) They overtake us in the league. All hell breaks loose with ***POP*** and other nonsense. Their crowds are up to around 15k and thousands of them suddenly appear, rubbing our noses in it and telling us how much they've always hated us. This period usually lasts for around 2-3 years.

4) They begin slipping back down the leagues. Their crowds dip by about 2k every year until its back to 6000 odd. A few die hards keep trying to cling to a rivalry with us but mostly things are quieting down.

5) Everything goes quiet (shhhh!) and we are back to step 1. The calm lasts for about 10 years.

I have witnessed the complete circulation of this cycle three times. I wonder if its about to start again?

I never could quite work out what **************POP************** was all about mind tbh. Any ideas?

oh. And PS. 

***************************POP************************

7 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

2) Things begin to stir down there. They start to play well and their fans begin registering on forums across the web. We are suddenly reminded of their existence when they start goading us.

3) They overtake us in the league. All hell breaks loose with ***POP*** and other nonsense. Their crowds are up to around 15k and thousands of them suddenly appear, rubbing our noses in it and telling us how much they've always hated us and that Bristol is a dump compared to Plymuff. This period usually lasts for around 2-3 years.

Literally that. Disliked them 10 years ago now I actually wanted them to go up for purely feeling sorry for how bad they became.

Archived