IGNORED

Subs Bench at Made In Bristol

cheshire_red

Subs Bench at Made in Bristol has been axed. If you think this is a poor decision please make your views known to Jamie Conway who is the CEO and Founder of Made TV his twitter is @jamiemadetv and his email jamie@madetelevision.tv. A poor decision to axe a popular local tv sports show after two and a half years?

3 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

Subs Bench at Made in Bristol has been axed. If you think this is a poor decision please make your views known to Jamie Conway who is the CEO and Founder of Made TV his twitter is @jamiemadetv and his email jamie@madetelevision.tv. A poor decision to axe a popular local tv sports show after two and a half years?

I'm sure it wouldn't have been axed, if it was popular. 

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Bad decision, decent programme on what must be a tiny budget.

And that's the bottom line - the budget.

I only ever tuned into Made in Bristol to see the Subs Bench. I won't bother at all now.

I'd love to know what level of viewers these local TV programmes attract.

14 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Was the most watched programme produced for made in Bristol use. 

Seems an odd commercial decision then. 

Although isn't that a bit like being rated as the best team in Horfield..?

I'm shocked the channel is still on air, hardly anyone watches it which is no surprise since the programmes they do make themselves all look like they're for a student's A level media project. It's run on a shoestring budget hence why most of the staff are kids straight out of uni and willing to work for the experience and very little else

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I didn't like the presenters so rarely watched. 

Needed younger presenters with more fan input.

All about opinions I guess, but the fact the presenters have nearly 100 years experience between them of watching City, Rovers, Glos and Somerset is what made it for me. Great to see the old players from the past telling their tales. Seems such an odd decision to ace the most popular programme. Could we not get Richard Latham to do a show on Bristol City Official You Tube Channel?

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

No! All the "footy" programs with token fans wearing their replica shirts (1 per team ) stood around making contrived cheering noises whenever the floor manager signals ....are dire

subs bench was amateurish but that was the charm - and decent guests.

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Neither are professional tv presenters, they're both professional journalists so what do you expect? 

It didn't help that the channel wasn't in HD either.

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

You can not be serious! It was a programme that looked as though it was made in some nerds bedroom with a budget of 25p. 

I remember those journalists from the 90s. The HTV standards definitely remained!  Surprised Phil Duffell and Jed weren't back in the frame. 

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Looks like a case of a local tv channel almost ditching it's localness. Bristol really needed a channel showing "America's Got Talent".

same as with London Live a couple years ago, they only care about selling advertisements and if the ratings aren't sufficient, they're screwed - that's why they asked OFCOM to allow them to reduce the volume of local content which their license said they had to gaurantee. That's why they eventually all ditch anything that pigeonholes viewers and go for any generic crap that people might have heard of and potentially stumble on for a couple of minutes

5 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

All about opinions I guess, but the fact the presenters have nearly 100 years experience between them of watching City, Rovers, Glos and Somerset is what made it for me. Great to see the old players from the past telling their tales. Seems such an odd decision to ace the most popular programme. Could we not get Richard Latham to do a show on Bristol City Official You Tube Channel?

Do you not remember when he used to do the interviews for City player?  It was awful. 

Ok it was cheap. Ok the presenters were a bit wooden but isnt it the reason why this joke of a channel exists? Isnt it supposed to be effectively a Bristol view on things. Therefore a show covering all things local in a sporting sense. Utter joke. So more rubbish like Welsh cookery and old C4 docs are justified as being "Made in Bristol". Rollocks. Give the channel a year at it will go all national generic in the same way GWR became Heart and the same pretty much everywhere nationwide.

Archived