IGNORED

Slagging off LJ....

Robbored

Is getting tiresome imv.

Sure, he struggled for long periods last season but he's a young and inexperienced manager so mistakes and errors of judgement were always likely and he certainly did  make  quite a few.

That said he ultimately turned things around having had unequivocal support from SL

We know that LJ is in for the long haul so can't we just accept that and move on ready for next season.

For all his critics - give it a bloody rest.

Just now, Robbored said:

Is getting tiresome imv.

Sure, he struggled for long periods last season but he's a young and inexperienced manager so mistakes and errors of judgement were always likely and he certainly did  make  quite a few.

That said he ultimately turned things around having had unequivocal support from SL

We know that LJ is in for the long haul so can't we just accept that and move on ready for next season.

I agree. He still might be a success here like his dad was.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is getting tiresome imv.

You ******* hypocrite. 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is getting tiresome imv.

Johnson out...

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Bottom line is some people don't think he's good enough to aspire to where they want us to be, everyone is just as entitled to their opinion as you are.

I think what gets tiresome is the complete failure of some people who tow this line, to acknowledge that apart from a very bad spell in the middle 1/3 of last season, LJ has 3 other periods (2nd half of 2015/16 season, 1st 1/3 last season & last 1/3 of last season) that suggest he could well be capable of taking us forward to where we could realistically hope to be. 

Nobody is saying "forget the bad period" but some seem intent on ignoring the positive periods. 

I can understand the jury may still be out for some on LJ, but he's earned his crack at next season. Arguably stronger and having learned a lot from this seasons roller coaster. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think what gets tiresome is the complete failure of some people who tow this line, to acknowledge that apart from a very bad spell in the middle 1/3 of last season, LJ has 3 other periods (2nd half of 2015/16 season, 1st 1/3 last season & last 1/3 of last season) that suggest he could well be capable of taking us forward to where we could realistically hope to be. 

Nobody is saying "forget the bad period" but some seem intent on ignoring the positive periods. 

I can understand the jury may still be out for some on LJ, but he's earned his crack at next season. Arguably stronger and having learned a lot from this seasons roller coaster. 

Those periods of good and bad go together. You can't parrot one as the norm whilst completely ignoring the others, as much as some on either 'side' of this seemingly never ending debate try to.

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You ******* hypocrite. 

I'll admit that got thoroughly pissed off with LJ last season with his seemingly endless tinkering with the team and fired off an email to Jon Lansdown complaining  about LJ but eventually I realised that he was looking to find the most reliable 11 and kind of experimenting with different combinations and  I'm expecting something similar next season after the transfer window shuts.

The point I'm making is that we can whinge, complain and slag off LJ as much as we want but it won't change anything. SL has set his stall out and that's the bottom line.

Just now, Robbored said:

I'll admit that got thoroughly pissed off with LJ last season with his seemingly endless tinkering with the team and fired off an email to Jon Lansdown complaining  about LJ but eventually I realised that he was looking to find the most reliable 11 and kind of experimenting with different combinations and  I'm expecting something similar next season after the transfer window shuts.

The point I'm making is that we can whinge, complain and slag off LJ as much as we want but it won't change anything. SL has set his stall out and that's the bottom line.

That's not what he was referring to, and you know it.

Just now, Robbored said:

Indeed - but by playing far better football.........you know, trying to score goals instead of a dreary 1-0.

For all Gary Johnsons critics - give it a bloody rest.

People have only moaned about LJ for a year, you've moaned about GJ for 10 years! 

It could and should be a completely clean slate from even his fiercest critic as of right now. 

It's a new season and given that he's still in charge it should be all about what happens in the coming season. 

If after ten games we are propping up the table he will be rightly criticised. If we are mid table or above then you won't hear from certain posters as they only ever appear when things are going badly. 

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is getting tiresome imv.

Pot, kettle, black !!

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm the only GJ critic aren't' I?

A) You're the most vocal.

B) You've created a post telling people to give LJ a rest from criticism, even though you've criticised his father for 10 years....

ironic
ʌɪˈrɒnɪk/
adjective

1. See Robbored on OTIB.

I think the issue is that no matter what a new thread is about, someone feels the need to have a dig at LJ, from the mention of a possible signing on the transfer forum where someone will comment along the lines of "LJ will only make him rubbish" or "LJ won't play him in his natural position" or "LJ won't play him as he won't rate him".

It seems like if there's the possibility of there being a problem or issue at the club, it's LJ's fault in some people's eyes & it does get tiresome when the same comment is made in seemingly every thread that is made. Similar to the same comments regarding potential sightings of possible signings, the Avon Gorge crap comes out or Alan Curbishley's houses etc, it's all got just a little boring & the joke has worn more than a little thin now.

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Robbo you are right. He (SL) seemed to do exactly the same once before if memory serves us both  

I don't subscribe to the Robbo this and Robbo that gubbins that is written on here sometimes as I actually enjoy some of your stuff as you are like me a die hard, old timer. As you yourself once said, I'll still be there when any manager or player has come and gone and I get that. But that was a bit much to take and I'm not sure I will be the only one  

anyway said my peice and most know LJ is around for the foreseeable future  although I think he has used seven of his nine lives personally

13 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I think the issue is that no matter what a new thread is about, someone feels the need to have a dig at LJ, from the mention of a possible signing on the transfer forum where someone will comment along the lines of "LJ will only make him rubbish" or "LJ won't play him in his natural position" or "LJ won't play him as he won't rate him".

It seems like if there's the possibility of there being a problem or issue at the club, it's LJ's fault in some people's eyes & it does get tiresome when the same comment is made in seemingly every thread that is made. Similar to the same comments regarding potential sightings of possible signings, the Avon Gorge crap comes out or Alan Curbishley's houses etc, it's all got just a little boring & the joke has worn more than a little thin now.

Fair enough Tipps, I can't say I've really noticed it TBH but each to their own. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I don't really see a clean slate for Lee-he tinkered untill he really couldn't have done so for much longer-and at the proverbial eleventh hour,fortunately for us stumbled on a solid winning set up- pretty much plucked outa the blue...

Let's see whom comes in-and hope Lee can find expedience in shape/formula this time of asking..

The jury's still out.

Archived