IGNORED

Who is our most exciting prospect?

RedRoss

Who is our most exciting prospect?  

477 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd have said Hördur Magnússon but being as he seems to be deemed not in the plans I'd say Brownhill. Brownhill has shown he's capable at playing at this level and looks calm and composed but Hördur doesn't seem like he's much of a prospect if we don't use him.

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I went with another youngster not listed.

That Marvin Brown was worth - according to Scott Davidson- 10 million a few years back, I reckon he'll come good this season.

Scott Davidson? Surely not?

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was thinking another of the '3 wise men', David Burnside.

You're right, it was Burnside...  Knew it was one of them!

Interestingly enough I just googled Marvellous Marv and found this...  http://www.totalprosoccer.com/#home 

He's a coach now, has coached with the Academy and TotalProSoccer is his own coaching company, in association with the club itself.  Surprised we've not heard about this....seems a positive thing about one of our homegrowns...unless I completely missed it!

40 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What about Bobby Reid? He's been the most exciting youngster for the last 15 years. Another 10 years or so and he'll be ready. 

Wouldn't be fair to include Young Bobby in a poll like this. He's far too young.

Goes without saying he's easily our most exciting youth player, and by far the youngest.

So 10 people so far have voted for a striker who has never yet scored a goal above Conference South level when another of the candidates (who is a defender!) and is ex Juventus, scored this week against the Croatian national side.

Ok...

I went for Taylor Moore as I think he could have the most potential of anyone. He looked very classy at CB against Hull. Then I'd go Callum O'Dowda because I think he's got premier league attributes just needs to put it all together. I don't count players like Magnusson and Bryan even though they're on the list. They'd be in my starting XI so they don't excite my imagination as much. Brownhill I think that's who he will be for his career. Safe and will always do the right thing. Not sure he'll add much to his game 

I think personally think all of these players have great potential.

Taylor Moore just wasn't ready this season which was apparent in some U23s games.

JB and Hordur both have good experience and there is still more to come, Hordur will be a big part of our squad this year I believe and I hope JB can reproduce his promotion season performances.

Just looking at this list shows we have exciting young talent which need to be nurtured and used correctly.

This list should also be a little hats to LJ who has acquire most of these players. 

I voted Taylor Moore, I don't really agree with Bryan, Brownhill or Magnusson being regarded as 'prospects' because they've all got significant senior football under their belts. I think Moore could come back and force his way in to the starting line up next season. It's great to see the list of talented young players we have laid out, add to that Dowling who I think will be pushing the first team soon, as well as Morrell and Andrews and the such like. It's pretty exciting

Archived