IGNORED

Who is our most exciting prospect?

RedRoss

Who is our most exciting prospect?  

477 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 18 June 2017 at 19:30, Bobby Bollax said:

Tristan Plummer - hes going places that lad

England under 16,17, and 18 international and then a very quick journey to non league football. Not every player who plays for England at junior level can go on to play at the top level, but he should have achieved more. 

On 18/06/2017 at 22:51, Neo said:

I obviously need to watch games more intently as many seem to like COD - I have seen nothing to suggest he will be anything but average and unlikely to make many more international squads.

Bit I truly hope I have seriously missed something!!

He can play on the right left and down the middle. He's quite direct and doesn't mind taking players on and this leads to drawing lots of fouls which wins us good set piece chances. He always works his socks off and him on the left with Joe looked a handful a few times this season. He's one of very few players on our team with pace(not electric pace but probably one of our quickest). That is what he brings to the team at 20-21 years old. The usual rebuttal is that he hasn't scored or set many up and that's true but that's why he's with Bristol City and not West Brom(that level prem side). We are developing COD so he isn't the full product yet(and chances are he's at his best somewhere else). Our hope is to get him to top level and get him on a long term deal that we can afford wages wise and thus maximise any return in him when he gets interest. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

He can play on the right left and down the middle. He's quite direct and doesn't mind taking players on and this leads to drawing lots of fouls which wins us good set piece chances. He always works his socks off and him on the left with Joe looked a handful a few times this season. He's one of very few players on our team with pace(not electric pace but probably one of our quickest). That is what he brings to the team at 20-21 years old. The usual rebuttal is that he hasn't scored or set many up and that's true but that's why he's with Bristol City and not West Brom(that level prem side). We are developing COD so he isn't the full product yet(and chances are he's at his best somewhere else). Our hope is to get him to top level and get him on a long term deal that we can afford wages wise and thus maximise any return in him when he gets interest. 

He's 22, and setting up and scoring goals should be seen as important, otherwise all appraisals as to what he actually brings to the team are subjective with no clear foundation.

I'm not sure what that is yet, but I'm as hopeful as anyone that the potential that someone has obviously seen in him is realised by a decent run in his best position.

39 appearances and no goals is a bit of a worry for a 'winger' though, we need players to weigh in with goals from all positions, but particularly offensive ones.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He's 22, and setting up and scoring goals should be seen as important, otherwise all appraisals as to what he actually brings to the team are subjective with no clear foundation.

I'm not sure what that is yet, but I'm as hopeful as anyone that the potential that someone has obviously seen in him is realised by a decent run in his best position.

39 appearances and no goals is a bit of a worry for a 'winger' though, we need players to weigh in with goals from all positions, but particularly offensive ones.

It's important and I'd hope and expect him to get some goals this season but last year was a 2 league jump for him and most appearances were off the bench. So I don't mind his lack of statistical production but even without he did bring things to the team other haven't. I expect him to be a mainstay in the team this season and have more end product. If not, then it's a worry for me. 

On 6/15/2017 at 10:35, Nogbad the Bad said:

The marker for that will always be the outstanding group who came through to form the promotion team of 75-76.

Are our present group of young prospects more promising than Gow, Merrick, Collier, Cashley, Whitehead, Rodgers, Mann, Ritchie and Cheesley?

Many of whom were only about Joe Bryan's age when City were promoted?

Do you think 9 of City's 'promising youngsters' of today are likely to go on and play in the top division?

I wasn't around in those days either, but what was the promise of those lads like back then (i.e. did you see them reaching the level they did when they were at the same stage as the guys we see listed above) or did they surprise people?  Therefore, are these players showing the same level of players as those that ended up in the promotion team were before they broke through?

Genuine question, as I would go as far as saying that this is the most exciting young crop of players in my lifetime (1978-present!), so wondering what they're like in comparison to the golden era.

On 18/06/2017 at 22:51, Neo said:

I obviously need to watch games more intently as many seem to like COD - I have seen nothing to suggest he will be anything but average and unlikely to make many more international squads.

Bit I truly hope I have seriously missed something!!

Some on here keep going on about O'Dowda and how good he is. I totally don't see it and think he is no better than Wes Burns. 

Archived