IGNORED

Best cordless drill / driver

I have a Dewalt at home, and a Hitachi from screwfix at school (site manager).

The Dewalt I bought to replace an old cheap  B & Q work drill I took with me when I moved from Bristol to Norwich  (Was a transfer so was told to take it with me) that gave up the ghost. I don't use it very often, but when I do it lasts for hours.

The Hitachi at school, I bought (well the school did) about 5 years ago when the old Dewalt one died that was there when i started. Its used nearly on a daily basis, sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for a few hours. Touch wood the batteries still hold charge, and in my experience, is as good a drill as my more expensive personal Dewalt. Not unusual to find it in screwfix for about £80ish.

What I will say about Makita though, is that my old foreman had all Makita bits, and they were brilliant drills. Batteries just seemed to go on and on, and at the time most of the batteries were all standard for all/majority of their tools I think.

To be honest, it all depends if you want it for home DIY, or work tools. For a real decent one, expect to pay around £100 at least. You can sometimes get good deals in Screwfix, always worth looking online for promotional codes. Also check the reviews out, find out the general consensus from others that have bought it previously.

19 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Depends what you want from it?

From a personal point of view i wouldn't bother with Makita or DeWalt.

My weapons of choice

Festool

Bosch

Bosch

Drilling and screwing - not the sort BigTone will come back at me about with some smutty joke.

'Proper' drilling and screwing.

Mainly domestic.

tfj

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I bought a Makita cordless drill that came with two battery packs from B&Q. Was highly recommended by technicians at UWE. 

Which model?

How much?

Can I borrow it and lend it too Andrea Leadsom??

Thanks.

tfj

Archived