IGNORED

France v England (Merged)

BCFC1512

Sorry to hijack your topic but am I the only one who thinks this friendly is ridiculous?

Managers & players (especially in the U.K.) have been constantly moaning about the season being too long & too much football is played & the players need a rest etc, so while we have no international tournament to worry about & while the season has been finished for roughly a month, let's organise a friendly for them to play!!

And no longer is it seen only viable to have a pre-season tour to the other side of the world but now clubs are having post-season tours to the other side of the world (Liverpool & Tottenham)!!

I'm just confused as to what clubs actually want / expect? Discussions still go on about a winter break but all it'll mean is that clubs go off to the other side of the world to play friendlies to please their sponsors & if they are going to do that then there is no need for a winter break!!

Once again, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

Sorry to hijack your topic but am I the only one who thinks this friendly is ridiculous?

Managers & players (especially in the U.K.) have been constantly moaning about the season being too long & too much football is played & the players need a rest etc, so while we have no international tournament to worry about & while the season has been finished for roughly a month, let's organise a friendly for them to play!!

And no longer is it seen only viable to have a pre-season tour to the other side of the world but now clubs are having post-season tours to the other side of the world (Liverpool & Tottenham)!!

I'm just confused as to what clubs actually want / expect? Discussions still go on about a winter break but all it'll mean is that clubs go off to the other side of the world to play friendlies to please their sponsors & if they are going to do that then there is no need for a winter break!!

Once again, sorry for hijacking your thread.

£££££££££££££

38 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If I were Southgate I'd have words with the Spurs players. They looked completely out of condition Against Scotland.   Maybe their conditioning needs sorting out when not at Spurs.  They were sluggish and didn't look interested.   

Or just knackered after a long season? They should be on holiday not playing a poxy pointless friendly in Paris! 

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

If I were Southgate I'd have words with the Spurs players. They looked completely out of condition Against Scotland.   Maybe their conditioning needs sorting out when not at Spurs.  They were sluggish and didn't look interested.   

Perhaps he should have a word with players from any of the 18 clubs who finished below Spurs in the season just ended...don't think he'll castigate Kane who got him out of jail - Scotland would have (not of) crowed about a victory against us for years to come....

14 hours ago, North London Red said:

Arrived in Paris earlier this afternoon. When we last played here in 2008 (Beckham's 100th cap if memory serves) I ended up on Rue Oberkampf, which is absolutely packed with bars, many of which stay open late. Might even head back there later this evening. 

Yes I was there in 2008 and it was Beckham's 100th cap. Good contingent of City at Gare du Nord for that one. Took the City flag up the Eiffel Tower the next day in the pissing rain and wind as I recall!

Thought I would start a thread on this game. Not a lot else happening. French band at the beginning played don't look back in anger. Out of respect to the attack in Manchester. Also impeccable minute silence and respect to both anthems. Really nice  touch by the French. As for the football France got some good footballers at the moment. Might be my bet for Russia 2018. If they qualify of course 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thought I would start a thread on this game. Not a lot else happening. French band at the beginning played don't look back in anger. Out of respect to the attack in Manchester. Also impeccable minute silence and respect to both anthems. Really nice  touch by the French. As for the football France got some good footballers at the moment. Might be my bet for Russia 2018

Lots of French singing God Save The Queen , with gusto

Fair Play

:clap:

Archived