IGNORED

France v England (Merged)

BCFC1512

That's been coming.  I worry about this game...

It's good to bed new players in, BUT, you should do it with enough nous to help the younger players.  Only Cahill has that nous....  everyone else is young with little experience of international success.  As Tyldesley has said a load of their lot won the 2013 under 20 World Cup and they look like they know what they're doing together.  Get Lallana on in midfield....

Just now, The Bard said:

That's been coming.  I worry about this game...

It's good to bed new players in, BUT, you should do it with enough nous to help the younger players.  Only Cahill has that nous....  everyone else is young with little experience of international success.  As Tyldesley has said a load of their lot won the 2013 under 20 World Cup and they look like they know what they're doing together.  Get Lallana on in midfield....

I honestly don't think any of the last few England managers know there strongest team. Granted Southgate is new . But it constantly changes so much. Qualifiers or friendlies . 

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Watch how often England try to play out from the back, pass it round a nd round then back to Heaton who in the end wallops it up and gives it away. It happens match after match with England. France on the other hand can keep the ball and work their way up the pitch.

Absolutely.  That's why I would like Bertrand tried in a back 3 with a more attacking player at LWB.  Just like us with DW and JB

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

I really don't understand why commentators continue to blow smoke up the arse of John Stones. To me he always seems to have a mistake in him yet tonight the commentator remarked about "the consummate defending of John Stones...". Am I missing something?

And literally as he said it he gave the ball away....

Just now, yardy said:

Everything the Ox has tried tonight he has failed, one of the worst 45mins i have seen from a England player in recent years.

I would rather Marlon Pack in centre mid than the ox...

For me the ox is a wide player. I know he's played central for Arsenal. But player with his pace and ability to beat a man. Stick him out wide . Like Saturday 

Just now, yardy said:

Everything the Ox has tried tonight he has failed, one of the worst 45mins i have seen from a England player in recent years.

I would rather Marlon Pack in centre mid than the ox...

He must have one of the lowest pass completion % stats ever in this half.

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

For me the ox is a wide player. I know he's played central for Arsenal. But player with his pace and ability to beat a man. Stick him out wide . Like Saturday 

Yes without doubt he is a wide player, he's nearly cost us a couple of goals tonight with sloppy passes and being out of position

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sees himself as a central midfielder - been shocking tonight

Impressed with Kane's all round game

The French have some young side - turning us inside out at the back

For me Stones isn't a centre back - I'd be developing him in Diers position holding in front of back three / four

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For me Stones isn't a centre back - I'd be developing him in Diers position holding in front of back three / four

Kane been our best player. Very strong 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

His only progression is towards the Championship.  Needs to be left out until he shows some kind of defensive quality.  

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

Stones missed his tackle for the second goal. :noexp:

You answers my question Rudolf. To be fair it's on but I'm not really watching it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If Stones is worth  £50m, Flint must be worth at least that again. I honestly can't see how he's any better than your average championship, maybe league 1 defender.

Archived